Just for fun - How long into your relationship did you hit "the milestones"

Your age: 27 (28 in July)
Partners age: 45
Age met: 17 (although I knew him before I'd never really spoken to him, just said "hey")
How did you meet: Worked on the holiday park where I lived, my Mum and brother also worked with him.
First date: We never really actually 'dated' we just kind of hung out. Think the first time we went anywhere other than chatting while he was working was when we went shopping with my brother LOL
Made it official: 19th December. We had started talking 28th October.
Moved in together: 7 months
Engagement: 6 months
Wedding: 2 years to the date that we made it official
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Started discussing after 10 months, actually TTC'd after 17 months, got BFP 1st try.

Now been together 10.5 years, married 8.5 and wtt for #5

Your age: 27

Partners age: 31

Age met: 22

How did you meet: Through a friend

First date: Dinner and a movie

Made it official: Straight away

Moved in together: Nov 2009

Engagement: Oct 2009 (together 7 months)

Wedding: April 2011 (together 2yrs)

TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: When DD is 1yr old

Your age: 25
Partner age: 30
Age met: 24 and 29
How didyou meet: A marriage website... lol! We are Muslims and we're both looking for marriage and not dating.
First date: We met up again at an event, then in the evening went for a meal.
Made it official: Hard one... I think after that meeting and alot of emailing etc we knew we wanted to progress things further. We met a couple more times before having a religious ceremony at the Mosque to be lawfully married. (Totally opposite to most the replies here..lol!)
Moved in together: Next week! 8 days..
Engagement: N/A
Wedding: 8 days away! We had our ceremony but now is our big reception! :D
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: 8 days!!! :D

Your age: 24

Partners age: 24 also.

Age met: 17

How did you meet: We went to high school together but didn't really talk until after we graduated.

First date: Went to the movies to see a scary movie (I hate them!)

Made it official: 2 months after we began talking.

Moved in together: 3 months after we began talking :haha:

Engagement: About 6 months ago.

Wedding: No idea!

TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: Year unknown but eventually.

Your age: 22

Partners age: 24

Age met: 17 and 19

How did you meet: One of my friends was on the train with him and said I'm with a guy who drives a bmw want to speak to him! Haha!

First date: McDonald's drive through :o!! Massive progression to Le Manior today!!

Made it official: about amonth after meeting and dates.

Moved in together: just under two years

Engagement: Next year!?!?!?!

Wedding: A few years

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: July 2015

Partners age: 25

Age met: 16

How did you meet: Through mutual friends on MSN lol

First date: move and some wkd at his house

Made it official: Straight away

Moved in together: Nov 2007

Engagement: March 2011

Wedding: March 2013

TTC/ Plan to ttc #3 In Dec 2015- jan 2016 after we return from lapland with our 2 LOs

Your age: 31

Partners age: 27

Age met: 29 and 25

How did you meet: OKCupid:blush:

First date: we met in person the first time over dinner on a tuesday. that saturday i took him around tokyo since he had just arrived and never been anywhere. we ended up meeting other americans waiting in line at a restaurant and had dinner with them. but then we stayed out so late he couldn't get back home, so he spent the night at my place. he tried to be a gentleman and sleep on the tiny couch downstairs but i didn't let him.:winkwink:

Made it official: he mentioned having been together almost a month and i asked him from when did he think we were officially together...!? he asked me when *i* thought and was okay with whatever date i thought. so i told him that when, a week after meeting, he called me "his girl" in conversation, and that's when i considered us "together." so we decided that was the official date, three weeks after it had passed. november 5th, 2012.

Engagement: we had been together just over 8 months. he proposed on the top of mt fuji on july 13th, 2013 with the ring we had picked out together months earlier. he brought the ring, i brought the champagne!:haha:

Moved in together: we got legally married in japan on august 30th, 2013, but it took until november 27th for the military to process everything and assign us an apartment. he moved in on thanksgiving day and i started living there but didn't move in completely until mid january 2014.

Wedding: this past june, in my parents' backyard in ohio. my brothers were my "bridesmen" and his brother and sister were on his side. we all wore black converse, even my dad, because my husband and i practically live in ours. our only requirements were good beer and hamburgers. we had a dance floor under strung lights, lawn games and the most perfect weather we could have asked for.

TTC/Plan to ttc #1: we started just after the wedding and got pregnant in october (cycle #5). my brother's wedding is in september 2015 so october was actually the last month we were going to try before we would prevent (so i wouldn't be too pregnant to fly) but then we lost that baby. so, now we're waiting until march 2015.:dohh:

Your age: 26
Partners age: 30
Age met: 23
How did you meet: At work, he moved up the ladder and became my supervisor. We HATED each other at first. May 16 2012 on my way home from work he watched me get into a car accident. He drove me to and from work for a month. We quickly became infatuated with each other and he has left me since :) It's not until I left the company 1.5 years later that anyone found out we were together.
First date: went to a restaurant he got drunk and I had to drive him home lol.
Made it official: June 1st 2012
Moved in together: Well he never slept at his place. So I could argue right away but we built a house a moved together to the same home July 27 2013.
Engagement: He's not ready yet...
Wedding: Same day as engagement in las vagas. No friends no family just us.
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: April 1st 2015

Your age: 23

Partners age: 22

Age met: 16

How did you meet: At a church youth group neither of us went to the church, we just knew ppl who did

First date:OH counts the weekend before he asked me out as our first date instead of our official first date. I went with him and his mother to their church to help its Christmas charity by packing toys into groupings for less fortunate families, and we walked around his church.

Made it official: 4 days after our first date

Moved in together:a few months before our 2 year anniversary

Engagement: 2 year anniversary

Wedding: 3 year anniversary

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: unknown :wacko: we have a list of things we want to do first before ttc, but that seems to keep getting longer :growlmad: probably at least another year and a half if not 2 years. Really hoping for just a year and a half tho:thumbup:

Partner's age: 26

Age met: 19 and 23

How did you meet: We've known each other for quite a while since we used to dance in the same dance team. Developed feelings for each other in spring/summer 2011

First Date: didn't really go on official dates. But somehow when one of us went on a party or something we'd invite the other one along, get drunk and make out.. eventually we met up and did the same thing sober as well haha

Made it official: September 20, 2011

Moved in together: march 2013

Engagement & Wedding: he hasn't popped the question yet

TTC/ plan to TTC #1: we're starting to ttc in august 2015 :)

Your age: 26
Age met: (First date) 22 and 19
How did you meet: Fitness centre
First date: Cinemas
Made it official: From our first date
Moved in together: 2 years 7 months
Engagement: Watch this space
Wedding: Watch this space
NTNP #1: 4 years

Your age: 28
Partners age: 28
Age met: 24
How did you meet: World of Warcraft (online game)
First date: He showed me around NYC
Made it official: About three weeks before we physically met for the first time, after video chatting for several weeks
Moved in together: After 11 months of long distance dating
Engagement: Skipped it
Wedding: Eloped right before the 2 year mark
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Got pregnant on our honeymoon at the 2 year mark, went off birth control two months before that :)
Plan to NYNP #2: Anytime now, probably wait until after his upcoming assignment though because I don't want to be pregnant with a toddler alone. :haha:

Your age: 25 in 6 days

Partners age: 33

Age met: I was 22

How did you meet: Through work, he's a driver for several of the people I used to support.

First date: Well, he took me to lunch the saturday that my quarantine ended (I had the mumps!) to Dobbies garden centre on the... 1st March 2014

Made it official: 20th March 2014

Moved in together: July 2014

Engagement: Watch this space, there is a tiny box for me under the tree :haha:

Wedding: No plans yet

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: February 2015 for #1. We have had some people tell us that it's soon, but we've been such good friends for a couple years that it doesn't feel like it :kiss:

Your age:26

Age met: I was 23

How did you meet: At a bar downtown when i was out for my friends birthday

First date: Went out for ice cream a few days after meeting

Made it official: 12 Aug 2012, two months after we met

Moved in together: Jul 2013

Engagement:Not yet

Wedding: Got to wait for the engagement first

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: seriously talking ttc in april next year but also debating ntnp now or january

Age met: ~13
How did you meet: We actually met in junior high lol
First date: Total cliche. High school dance
Made it official: 4-5 months after 1st date
Moved in together: after we got married
Engagement: dated 2 years
Wedding: Jan. 2011 (dated 2 years, engaged 1 year)
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We will be married 4 years.

My age: 29
Partners: 34
Age met: 18
How did meet: texting dating channel
First date: pubs in my home town
Moved in together: after 16 months
Engaged: 10 days short of 1 year (my birthday)
Married: 5 years 7 months (on his birthday)
TTC #1: 16 months and got pregnant after 2 weeks.
TTC #2: 10 years 6 months and got pregnant after 2 months
TTC #3: plan on at 12 years 8 months.

Age met: I was 14, he was 15
How did you meet: Through a mutual friend at a lock-in for our church
First date: He took me to a chinese restaurant that I had never been to (which we have now been to about a million & one times) and we went to the movies and saw the movie 'Yes Man' with Zooey Deschanel & Jim Carey
Made it official: The day after Christmas in 2008
Moved in together: We lived together once about four years ago for probably five months or so but decided to move back in with our parents to go to school and save money so officially two months before we got married we moved in together.
Engagement: On our five year anniversary last year (Dec 2013)
Wedding: October 2014
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: I'm hoping Sept 2015

Partners age: 23
Age met: 17
How did you meet: Through mutual friends when just hanging around etc.
First date: He took me to a nice restaurant, being just turned 17 I felt so grown-up at the time haha!
Made it official: May 2010.. but we'd pretty much been a couple for a few months prior to being 'official' :haha:
Moved in together: 10 months
Engagement: April 2012 after 2 years of being together
Wedding: October 2013 after 3.5 years together
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We already have a 3-year-old DS who came along earlier than expected! We're going to be TTC 2 in March 2015 and I'm very, very excited!

Your age: 28

Partners age: 28

Age met: 23

How did you meet: dating website

First date: bowling and cinema

Made it official: a few weeks after meeting

Moved in together: Jan 2010

Engagement: March 2010

Wedding: Oct 2011

TTC/ Plan to TTC #1: had first baby Feb 2012. Will maybe start TTC #2 later this year.

Partners age: 23
Age met: 19
How did you meet: A friend invited me to a metal pub - on a whim i decided to go along after work and met my OH who was her friends friend! (She didn't know him either lol!)
First date: We didn't have an official 'first date'. We talked non-stop after we'd met and met up again a week later (became an item)
Made it official: Two weeks after we met - 2011
Moved in together: A year after we'd met - 2012
Engagement: Soon hopefully!
Wedding: By 25 my OH said!
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: 2016 - we'd have been together for 5 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel