Just for fun - How long into your relationship did you hit "the milestones"

Your age: 28
Partners age: 29
Age met: 21
How did you meet: plentyoffish...after I had decided to stop the dating angle and meet guys as friends.. I ended up meeting the one.
First date: We met up at a pub and had a drink and played pool, I guess kind of like meeting a guy in a bar but with a bit of pre-convo to know he's not a dick haha.
Made it official: A few weeks after meeting.
Moved in together: July 2011
Engagement: May 2011
Wedding: June 2012
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: February 2015! I'm scared yet so excited!

Your age: 26

Partners age: 34

Age met: 21 and 29

How did you meet: Online on a different message board (disboards)

First date: Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort at Walt Disney World (I originally lived 1 and 1/2 hours outside of Disney World). (May 10, 2010)

Moved in together: Sort of quick...2 months after our first date. (July 2010)

Engagement: 2 years after our first date (May 10, 2012)

Wedding: 2 years after we were engaged! (May 19th 2014)

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: January 2016 at the earliest, most likely Sept 2016-Feb 2017...it feels so far away!

Partners age: 28

Age met: 24

How did you meet: out with friends

First date: drinks at a pub

Moved in: 3 months after dating

Engagement: 3 years (oct 2014)

Wedding: July 2015

Plan TTC: honeymoon! :happydance:

Your age: 24

Partners age: 23

Age met: 18 and 17

How did you meet: at sixth form college

First date: having lunch together/ walking to the supermarket in our free lesson! (we had better dates later!)

Moved in together: 2010 when he moved 240 miles to be near me when i went to uni (2 years after meeting)

Engagement: June 2009 (8months after meeting)

Wedding: July 2012

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: when he is ready

Partners age: 37

Age met: I was 19 he was 28, we have been together 10 years this year.

How did you meet: an online chat room.

First date: A few days after we started speaking. October 2005.

Made it official: Pretty much straight away.

Moved in together: 2.5 Months after meeting, (Good reasons for being this quick)

Engagement: 5.5 Years.

Wedding: Already Married, Got married August 2013. (Almost 18mths)

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We already have kids, Eldest is from a previous R/ship that my husband has brought up since she was 18months, she is now almost 11. we had our first Feb 2007 and our second may 2012, we plan to ttc for our 4th and last This Autumn.

Partners age: 27

Age met: 23/22

How did you meet: Online :winkwink:

First date: About 5 weeks into our 'internet chatting' lol

Made it official: A few days later I think?

Moved in together: About 3 months later

Engagement: After 3 years

Wedding: 2 months after engagement (we pretty much just decided we wanted to get married lol)

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Next month yaaaaay :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Your age: 21

Partners age: 23

Age met: 15/17

How did you meet: At friend's small sweet 16 party. :D

First date: Nearly 2 years after we had first met. 17/19 yo. (We were friends before that, but I think that one time under Christmas was the first time we actually did go for a coffee just the two of us..:))

Made it official: Month after first date.

Moved in together: 1,5 years after we'd made it official; after he'd finished his military service. 18/20 yo.

Engagement: I hope that before TTC... Or we just may have delays on our schedule... *cough* :D

Wedding: We'll see..

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: End of this year, 5 years from making it official - ages 22/24. <3

Your age: 25 in April
Partners age: 27 in August
Age met: 0
How did you meet: He has been around since I was born, his family was friends with our family. We grew up as best friends.
First date: Never had one!
Made it official: July 2005! (I was 15!)
Moved in together: After we got married! :)
Engagement: October 2009
Wedding: June 13th, 2009
TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: Feb-April, not sure yet.

Your age: 29

Partners age: 38

Age met: 22/32

How did you meet: played on a co-ed sports team together

First date: Our first date was to dinner and a baseball game. But that was after a mutual friend had asked me to go with him to a concert- and then said friend got us to go to a bar two towns over and she drove him and ended up drunk, so I gave him a ride to a house party at another team mates house and we really hit it off (read- made out :haha: )

Made it official: I don't know.. we just kept seeing each other almost daily and talking for hours every night. I remember not knowing what to say when people asked if we were a couple or just dating, but he has introduced me to his friends as his girlfriend about a week or two after the bar night.

Moved in together: 5 months later- I originally said no to moving in as I had just moved back home from living with friends, but I had a fight with my parents a few weeks after he asked so said why not.

Engagement: 4.5 years into our relationship

Wedding: 6 years into our relationship (august 2014)

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: conceived #1 in August 2011 -Had our daughter in May 2012 not sure when we are going to TTC number 2 :)

Your age - 34
Partners age- 36
Age met- 31/33
How did u meet- online (27/5/11)
First date- meal and few drinks met as friends on 15/6/11
Made it official- 17/6/11
Moved in together- 1/10/11
Engagement- 5/8/11
Wedding- 15/6/13
Ttc 1- 1/3/13 baby conceived in june but we lost it a chemical pregnancy 14/6/13 then found out in September we were expecting again our daughter was born 28/5/14 :)

Hopefully Ttc 2 summer/autumn 2016

Partners age: 32
Age met: 18
How did you meet: We met online first, chatted for many months and met in real life about 8 months later when I went to Egypt to see him.
First date: First time we met in real life was at the airport and we had been chatting non-stop for months, and I was on my way to his family's condo to spend a month there- not your typical date! First real outing was to the Mohamed Ali Citadel in Cairo.
Made it official: 2 weeks after meeting in real life, we started getting papers ready to be legally married, to be able to have him come to Canada with me.
Moved in together: We've never been in the same country without living together, but he officially got to Canada to "our" apartment about 2 years after we met, our daughter was 6 months old. We had been apart during the immigration process.
Wedding: married 9 years
TTC: Our first was a bit of a surprise (I was NTNP but in an innocent in-love-at-19 kind of way) and my second was the obsessive charting, OPK, TWW type of TTC.
Right now... I know I want to avoid having the baby in April to September area (selfish reason of not wanting the crappiness of going back to work 1 year later right before or during summer), so I'm either going to TTC between now and June or I will wait until next year or there's a possibility that the family is complete too.

Okay I'll play :)

Your age: 27
Partners age: 28
Age met: 22/23
How did you meet: Through a dating website in 2010.
First date: Started as casual Starbucks meet up as it would be first time we were meeting. Ended up being a 6+ hour date involving walking around the mall and neighbourhood the Starbucks was in and talking non-stop, Quizno's subs for late lunch/dinner and a surprise run in with my mom who just happened to be browsing the pillow section in Sears when we walked by. She knew we were there because she actually dropped me off on her way out but she still claims she thought we would have left by then (4+ hours later).
Made it official: 12 days after our first date we were "Facebook official" lol
Moved in together: Technically about a month after we started dating, but not officially for 2-3 months after. One day my mom called and said "I guess you moved out?" and I awkwardly realized "Ohh... I guess I did."
Engagement: After almost 3 years together he proposed to me on my favorite beach, under the stars.
Wedding: This past August after nearly 5 years together and 2+ years engaged
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We are debating our timeline right now. Originally had planned for trying ~2 years post wedding but thinking we might graduate to NTNP sometime this winter and just see what life gives us.

Looks like fun!

Partners age: 31

Age met: I was 19, he was 22

How did you meet: Shockingly online on facebook! 8-[No mutual friends or anything. He somehow came across my profile and saw that it was my birthday and messaged me to wish me a happy birthday. And it just took off from there

First date: A walk in the park

Made it official: May 2007

Moved in together: I technically started staying at his place while going to school (since he lived closer to the school) 3 months into the relationship, but we moved into an apartment together about 1 year 3 months in.

Engagement: July 2014

Wedding: May 2015

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: May 2016 :thumbup:

Looks like fun :)

Partners age: 24 next month

Age met: 18

How did you meet: He lived in the flat next door at uni

First date: We went to the theatre to see Sweeney Todd (I didn't realise it was a date at the time :dohh:)

Made it official: 1st November, 6 weeks after we met.

Moved in together: The following year of uni

Engagement: Waiting for my ring :haha:

Wedding: Discussed but we need to get engaged first! Lol.

TTC'd #1: November 2012, DD born October 2013

TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: Likely to be once DD is about 18months

Ooh, I can update!

Engagement: May this year, after 6.5yrs together

Wedding: Booked for September next year (6 weeks before our 8 year anniversary)

Plan to TTC #2: On Honeymoon! :haha:

Here goes!

Partners age: 27

Age met: Oh gosh. We first met freshman year of High School. So 14?!

How did you meet: P.E. Class :) we were just friends all throughout High School

First date: This is hard. I guess New Year's Eve 2006-07

Made it official: January 2007

Moved in together: I can't believe that I can't remember, LOL. But it was probably our last year in college so August 2010 I think.

Engagement: January 2012

Wedding: October 2013

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: I am hoping Spring or early Summer 2016 :dance:

Your age: 29
Age met: 19
How did you meet: We met online and shortly found out that we lived just two streets over from one another!
First date: About a month after we met. We did the typical dinner and movie.
Made it official: September 20th of 2005, a month or so after we started dating.
Moved in together: March of 2006, things moved quickly for us. <3
Engagement: August of 2006, just before I found out I was pregnant with our first daughter (She was a surprise, we were not TTC at this time).
Wedding: We got married on September 15th 2006. We normally wouldn't have rushed it but we didn't have a desire for a large wedding or anything, it was a justice of the peace ceremony with just close family and friends and I needed health insurance for the pregnancy, if we got married I could be added onto his plan from his employer. Not terribly romantic.
TTC/ Plan to ttc: In April of 2007 I gave birth to our first daughter, August of 2012 to our second daughter and now we'll be TTC #3 in June of 2016.

Age met: 19 & 25
How did you meet: We met online, chatted everyday for a month and then when I moved back at the end of the summer to start my second year of university we officially met.
First date: A month after we first started talking. We went to Frankie & Benny's, played golf and bowling then sat in his car talking until 2AM.
Made it official: September 8th 2011
Moved in together: July 2013 - 2 years later!
Engagement: Still waiting hehe.
Wedding: September 8th - Year to be determined by him :lol:
TTC/ Plan to ttc: Summer 2018

Your age: 31

Partners age: 31

Age met: 15

How did you meet: Known each other since playschool and were classmates from age 6-16

First date: Never dated, just had a crush on him and he on me, kissed and that was it :)

Made it official: couple of days after our first kiss in june 1999

Moved in together: August 2000

Engagement: June 2004

Wedding: june 4th (our relationship anniversary) 2011

TTC/ Plan to ttc #3: we decited on your first xmas 2007, started ttc april/mai that year, born 2009. Decited on our second xmas 2010 started ttc april 2011 and was born 9 months later. We kind of have decited on our third, but not as sure about the time. Either be ttc in a year or 3 years.

Your age: 22
Partner's age: 21
Age met: 14 and 14
How did you meet?: We met our first day of 9th grade in 1st period.
First date: We didn't start dating until we were 16. We went to the movies for our first date.
Made it official: June 14, 2010
Moved in together: We were 19
Engagement: September 2013
Wedding: June 14, 2014
TTC #2: We had our first baby (a boy) May 11th 2015, and plan to start TTC #2 when our son turns one. So, hoping for a 2017 baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->