Just found out I am pregnant...

jem2014

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here!

I have taken 5 pregnancy tests (2 clearblue, 2 clearblue digital and 1 asdas own) over the weekend, all have come back positive. I imagine these are very reliable and accurate nowadays but I can't help but worry it's false positives until I see a midwife and have my first scan.

I am 24 and getting married to my fiance next year, we are really excited about me being pregnant but I am too worried to really get my hopes up. I have calculated that I am around 4 weeks and this will be our first child.

Did anyone else feel like this? I'm trying not to put a dampener on it but I worry about anything and everything anyway!

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks,
Emily xx

I would say you are defiantly pregnant ! Congratulations !

Those first few weeks are always nerve wrecking ! This is my third pregnancy and I still get really worried it’s normal!

Try and relax and enjoy the pregnancy !

I would say you are defiantly pregnant ! Congratulations !

Those first few weeks are always nerve wrecking ! This is my third pregnancy and I still get really worried it’s normal!

Try and relax and enjoy the pregnancy !

Thank you for replying! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Yes, it's very worrying especially with it being my first pregnancy I don't know what is normal or not normal! Lol... I am constantly googling things!

xxx

Congratulations! I used Asda’s tests this time round and had no issues so I’d say your preggo! How exciting! It’s only natural to worry we all do... even now I worry. You got this xx

Congrats
I done 18 tests didn't believe it was real until I had my 12wk scan then still didn't believe it was real heart the heart beat felt her move had 20 wks scan and seen her move felt her move heard her heart beat I now believe it's real but still feel I'm not lucky enough and until I hold her on my arms I prob won't.
Your prego hun enjoy it

Congratulations you are pregnant! You would have to be EXTREMELY unlucky to get 5 fake positives. Like everyone says you will always worry with your 1st to your 12th child. I never believe I am pregnant until my 12wk scan. Then I forget I am pregnant until I feel them kick for the 1st time. All the worrying is natural, it is your motherly instinct already kicking in and wanting to protect them.

Congratulations again x

Yes!

I felt the exact same way, especially since I had taken hundreds of tests in the past and never seen one BFP. When it finally came, I thought someone was playing a cruel joke on me. Then I actually believed it would have been more probable to have some sort of condition that creates the pregnancy hormone than to be pregnant. That’s how in denial I was.

If you can, go for an early scan. My insurance only covers 2 of them (12 weeks and 20 weeks) so I went for an elective scan at an ultrasound facility at 8 weeks. Super cheap and gave me the proof I needed: a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat wiggling around in there! It truly made things so much easier and I’ve been relaxed about it since.

Thanks everyone! Glad it isn't just me! I feel as if I am going to go to my 12 week scan and there isn't going to be a baby there, I know it sounds daft lol! I'm going to book in for an early scan and pay for it, just for some reassurance.

xx

Congratulations hun I’m 4 weeks today due September 23 xx

If I hadn’t had a scan at 8 weeks I would have thought at my 13 week scan tmrw there would be no baby still hard to get my head around

If I hadn’t had a scan at 8 weeks I would have thought at my 13 week scan tmrw there would be no baby still hard to get my head around
Same here! That’s exactly how I feel! We are booking an early scan and paying for it just so I can have some peace of mind.. lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->