• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just found out I'm pregnant!

vhal_x

The four of us.
Reaction score
So 2015 has been a whirlwind so far.

Lost my job at the end of January, was given notice to move out of our house (as landlord is selling) a week ago, and now I've found out I'm pregnant.

Jeez!

Anyway, hi *waves* I haven't posted on here since my son was born I don't think - so it's been a long time!

Been on the pill since my son was born in Nov 2010, and just discovered I'm pregnant. No idea how far along I am yet, as I haven't had periods (apart from the odd one or two) since being on the pill, so just looking for some advice from you all.

I know I'll need to book an appointment, but who do I book with? Do I just ring my GP or should I ring the hospital (since I could be at any stage in pregnancy tbh!)?

Thanks in advance :) x

Hi, congratulations!
Wow that must've been some shock given you're on the pill.
Hopefully everything will work out on the job and home front. Challenging times I can only imagine.
Take care of yourself :)

Congratulations and good luck :)

Ring GP they should book you in with midwife x

congrats! If your area is like mine (I'm edinburgh) you'll need to book directly with mat services. I rung my gp and they gave me the number xx

Thanks guys :)

Cupcakekate and tallybee, I remember both of your usernames from back when I used to post on here! Seems so crazy that we're all still here haha :)

I think I'm actually feeling movement already, which has ever so slightly terrified me, as that means I could be waaay further into pregnancy than expected lol.

How quickly do you think they'd be able to arrange an appointment/dating scan for me? Really don't want to be waiting around for long before I know dates, etc, especially as we are trying to find a new house!

Thanks x

I remember you too xx life's crazy eh lol.

I'd call and tell them what you said here hun and hopefully they'll see you asap xx

As estimated by family planning nurse (who used to be a midwife) - she would put me down as being roughly 28 weeks along.

Massively shocked, that's really not much time left to prepare!

Still need to get scan booked ASAP so that we can get the dates down for certain, so fingers crossed that happens soon x

Oh wow 28 weeks! That's crazy. Have you got a scan date yet?

Wow that must be crazy, are you able to book a private scan? Must be a lot to get your head around

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazygifts
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->