Just found out my GTT is 2 hours is that normal ?

Purplehippo

Reaction score
I always thought it was hr and if you failed that you did a 3 hour test :shrug:

Yep, mine was 2 hours too, it's standard here apparently!

Lucky UK ladies. It is 3 hours in the US.

I just had to go through it a couple of days ago. I'd have loved to cut it short by an hour. The hunger from fasting was terrible for me.

It used to be 1 hours.

My GTT was 1 hours in length in 2010. And, I had a test last month which was 2 hours. I had to rush straight back to work and I was starving!!!!!!

The reason is we don't have the GTT as routine so instead we have the 2 hour test for those at higher risk for GD and if the results are unclear (which is rare) they just repeat the two hour test again. I hasten to add in most areas it is the two hour test with an overnight fast as well. Thankfully I did not have to have it this time xx

I have my 2 hour test at 9am (high risk because I had it in first pregnancy and diabetes runs in my family - that's why I'm having it at 18 weeks).

I hate it :( Almost certain I have GD, I recognise the symptoms from last time. That, coupled with severe constant sickness I have makes not eating from 9pm tonight until 11.30ish in the morning really quite disastrous. I get faint and sick and all sorts. It's a nightmare :(

Yep mine was 2 hours, thankfully I was able to just drink a bottle of lucazade at home at 7:30am then went in for my test at 9:30 then off home for a late breakfast so no waiting around and not too long to eat.

It used to be 1 hours.

My GTT was 1 hours in length in 2010. And, I had a test last month which was 2 hours. I had to rush straight back to work and I was starving!!!!!!

Always been 2 hours in my area :flower: whether its a pregnant woman or not xx

I did the glucose challenge on monday, was an hour and didnt have to fast, the drink was rank but didnt feel ill or anything after:thumbup: I'm in the states.

I did the glucose challenge on monday, was an hour and didnt have to fast, the drink was rank but didnt feel ill or anything after:thumbup: I'm in the states.

In the US, it's standard to do a 1 hr one that doesn't require fasting. It's if you fail it, you have to go back and do a 3 hour one that does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->