just got diagnosed with PCOS

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by DenyseGiguere, Oct 1, 2013.

1. DenyseGiguere

DenyseGiguere Well-Known Member

I'm feeling really down today. After many pregnancy symptoms (including a faint BFP) we learned today that I have PCOS - will find out more tomorrow at the doctors.

To be honest this was a surprise and kind of upsetting news. We conceived our son in 3 months. This was our first month TTC for #2. I had abnormal bleeding for 2 weeks (which just stopped yesterday). We had an ultrasound done on Friday which showed the PCOS. I know it's not the end of the world but I'm devestated. I'm worried that maybe I won't be able to conceive and I won't be able to give my son a sibling.

I'm looking for some advice/support from ladies with PCOS. This is all new to me and I don't know much about it. Just that I'm scared :(

2. hopefulfor1st

hopefulfor1st Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2

Hi :) I have pcos and my son was conceived on clomid, I've since had a natural BFP since starting metformin.
    Will be starting clomid again if no BFP this cycle !

3. DenyseGiguere

Thanks, you give me hope! How do you find it effects your everyday life?

4. hopefulfor1st

It doesn't really!
    I'm a little overweight which is a symptom- but I do eat terribly so I can't blame anyone but myself.

5. tooth_fairy

tooth_fairy Well-Known Member

DenyseGiguere,

I was diagnosed with PCOS after TTC unsuccessfully for the last 2 years. I'm 25 years old and was overweight and shed 55 pounds hoping it will make a difference. My doc started me on Metformin and I just did my first cycle of Clomid. As far as it affecting day to day life, honestly I don't feel like it does. If you have any questions we're all here for you :D

6. DenyseGiguere

I just got back from the doctor. He isn't concerned and said this shouldn't affect me trying to get pregnant. He just said there are some small follicle cysts on my ovaries. He didn't seem worried at all, told us to just keep trying. If fertility becomes a problem there is some medication I can take, but since this was only our first month TTC it's not a big issue. I feel a lot better now :)

7. tooth_fairy

Denyse,

I'm glad everything went well!! Hope you get a BFP soon.

8. DenyseGiguere

Thank you :) it's nice having other ladies around with PCOS to talk with, I really appreciate it. This is all so new to me.

9. Enduringplum

Enduringplum Well-Known Member

I have PCOS and it's not the end of the world. Many women with PCOS are able to conceive without assistance and for those of us who can't there are a lot of options that can help us conceive. I conceived my five-year-old daughter with a combination of injectable drugs and an IUI and now I'm ovulating on my own and hoping to conceive via a more natural route.

10. DenyseGiguere

:hugs:

I hope we both get a BFP real soon! Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. We should start a buddy group for us ladies with PCOS on our way to a BFP :)

11. tooth_fairy

That sounds like a great idea Denyse!

12. tooth_fairy

:(I just got the results from my progesterone test now and they are really low only 1.6 CD 15 so very disappointed that this wasn't our month. On to cycle 2 of Clomid. Good luck to everyone hopefully you all get BFP!

13. DenyseGiguere

Good luck on the next cycle! Hopefully we both get our BFP's soon :)

14. tooth_fairy

:winkwink:Thanks Denyse, hopefully FX!

15. DenyseGiguere

I put up a post in TTC Buddies, hope you join it and we can be buddies :)

16. tooth_fairy

I didn't see the post, would you mind sending me the link for it?

17. hopefulfor1st

Hmmm that doesn't necessarily mean pcos. A healthy woman can have up to 18 cysts, and every woman will have some problem with ovarian cysts in her life. At my last scan I had 49

18. hopefulfor1st

Ill post a link to our group...

19. EMYJC

EMYJC Two boys and unexpected BFP!

Hi everyone. Please can I join. I have been TTC baby 2 since May. Came off BCP in May , had my breakthrough bleed and then a natural period came along 35 days later on 1st July.

Since that period I have had nothing. I started to get constant dragging pelvic pains, swelling periodically on right side of groin and a lot of backache. Also completely lost my appetite and am shattered all the time. Went to the GP and had bloods done for hormones levels and they all came back normal. My leucocyte count and FBC are a bit low though.

Had a scan yesterday and was told my left ovary is fine but the right has a biggish cyst on it around 12mm. The lady doing the scan said it wasnt looking like classic PCOS due to size of cysts and the left being normal and my other tests being normal. She said I had to wait til I see the GP. I am really upset and feeling worried at the moment. Reassuring to see others on here with similar issues. Hope you dont mind me posting.