Just had a call from the doctor

Niamh22

Reaction score
Apparnetly they want to retest my thyroid bloods results as i may have an underactive thyroid and this can problems in pregnancy if it is undetected is there a reason for my MC. scared as I have already started trying from the advice of another doctor.

googled it and it can cause fertility problems and increased miscarriage now i am panicking before i even see doctor, shoudln't have googled stupid internet so easy to look up anything lol. Anyone else have thyroid problems?

i know quite a few poeple who do, i think once you do its treatable and they have all gone on to have babies. Good luck, try not to worry. whens your test?

going for more bloods on thursday earliest could get me in with the nurse. forgot to ask doc what my results where for the last one, and receptionist told me don't give them out till 2pm i had them last monday so silly. i'm sure it will be ok once on meds will not tell my OH that i was googling all about it, he just wants me to chill so not worrying to much will ttc.

i know its hard especially after a MC but try not to stress, if you are pregnant then you will probably get the resuslts earlier enough to try medication so no harm done. if not then it doenst matter, you can start medication and again no harm done. good luck x

Well, I know you are scared, but I can say that knowing that there is possibly a treatable reason for the MC is a good thing. That sounds positive in that you can be treated and hopefully next pregnancy will be a sticky one! Good luck!

were you aware of thyroid problems before this or is it something that has just come up following results after your mc? i might call my doctor and ask because of my history..... i really dont want to wait any longer if there is a problem to fix
i wish my doctor was a pro-active as yours!

good luck

I agree with all the ladies. Thyroid problems are easily treatable with medications. They just follow your blood work so they know you are getting the correct dose and adjust it as needed. Try not to worry, but I know you will. Good luck and keep us posted.

cloud 9 know i had know idea bout thyroid problems my doctor did his own bloods as well as what MW's do and that was one of them.

cloud 9 know i had know idea bout thyroid problems my doctor did his own bloods as well as what MW's do and that was one of them.

i have booked an appointment with the nurse tomorrow at my gp's to get these tests under way. what should i ask for? or will she know if i tell her im ttc?

Ask her for a thyroid function tes. it is just a blood sample so nothing evasive for you. hope you get some answers, sometimes unfortunately these things happen for no reason at all. I am sorry for your losses x

thanks hun :) fingers crossed that things will work out for us both xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->