Just had a gender scan done today! :o

Congratulations!
My early scan isn't for 11 days and I'm so impatient!

My comment wasn't nearly as offensive as people saying they hope I have a girl. To me what's offensive is they don't say "I hope you have a healthy baby! " in my opinion. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I tried 14 months to even conceive and I'm grateful no matter what <3 Thanks guys and to those with upcoming scans, Best of luck! xox Hope everything is going smoothly :) I always love to hear about your babies being perfect! I'm very excited for team pink and I think someone previously stated it's because they want to buy girly things. Which I think is true! My mum and friend had gone all out already to spoil my little munchkin. :blush:

I don't think people prefer boys at all, from my experience its all about the girls.

But either way congratulations! Its nice to get what you want, ive been surprised with a daughter after 3 sweet little boys. Super exciting! She just needs to hurry up and make her arrival lol

I don't think people prefer boys at all, from my experience its all about the girls.

But either way congratulations! Its nice to get what you want, ive been surprised with a daughter after 3 sweet little boys. Super exciting! She just needs to hurry up and make her arrival lol

Oh wow congratulations! Truly boys are a rare thing in our family. We have girls towering over boys! The boys are all truly special though. Our family is big! I once had a little boy at daycare tell me that I am an awesome volunteer and he gave me a high five. Was absolutely thrilled. Congratulations on your girl though! Always wonderful to mix things up <3

My comment wasn't nearly as offensive as people saying they hope I have a girl. To me what's offensive is they don't say "I hope you have a healthy baby! " in my opinion. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I tried 14 months to even conceive and I'm grateful no matter what <3 Thanks guys and to those with upcoming scans, Best of luck! xox Hope everything is going smoothly :) I always love to hear about your babies being perfect! I'm very excited for team pink and I think someone previously stated it's because they want to buy girly things. Which I think is true! My mum and friend had gone all out already to spoil my little munchkin. :blush:

Congratulations on your girl!! We are expecting our second girl :cloud9:
Our daughter will be the 6th granddaughter in my husbands family and they were all hoping it was a boy! It felt a bit weird telling them we were having another girl because they weren't as excited as they would have been if it was a boy, which is annoying. But I don't care about their opinions because I have a healthy lovely little girl on the way :)

And yes girl clothes are so fun! My first daughter is almost 3 and we have so much fun picking clothes for her baby sister!!!

Where does it say 'why does nobody like boys?' Unless it's been edited I don't see it!

Congrats on your baby girl x

Where does it say 'why does nobody like boys?' Unless it's been edited I don't see it!

Yes it's been edited to say the opposite, it originally said "why does nobody like boys" which was upset some people.

But regardless congratulations to all having a healthy baby boy or girl xx

Second trimester is making a lot of you hormonal!

OP, nothing wrong with what you said, you were simply stating that everyone around you wanted you to have a girl and you were making a comment that is in my opinion a standard comment to make, I probably would have said a similar comment had I been in your position!

Ignore everyone, glad they are happy with their boys.. and girls, come on, why are you all behaving like the mum brigade. always someone to pick on the OP. I laughed my way through the thread!

Good luck on team pink, its a wonderful team!

Im actually hoping for a boy second time round, not that that makes any difference to your comment!

Try telling a woman who has lost a baby boy that's it's ok to say "why does nobody like boys" see if she finds it funny! &#128077;

Very amusing indeed.

Yes it's been edited to say the opposite, it originally said "why does nobody like boys" which was upset some people.

But regardless congratulations to all having a healthy baby boy or girl xx

Tbh I've only ever noticed on this forum that most people prefer girls which is totally fine as everyone has a preference ... Never in real life have I met anybody who doesn't like a boy! I'm having my second and absolutely over the moon x

Congratulations babyjan you will love having two little boys, I have three and they are so close :) I recognise your username is your eldest an 2011 baby? X

Congratulations babyjan you will love having two little boys, I have three and they are so close :) I recognise your username is your eldest an 2011 baby? X

Aww thanks! I can't wait to see them together :)

Yes he is! December 2011 baby... Did you have a 2011 baby too?

To OP, I just saw this and thought I'll have to share it, I haven't read the comments properly just a quick scan, but I guess I'm saying as much as your original post was a bit misguided, shockingly it looks like this really does go on, and I guess I half understand what you where trying to say!

https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/pregnancy-64/netmums-52/1485705-why-dont-people-want-boys.html

I don't know if I'm aloud to post links to other sites so it might get removed, but it basically says as the heading

"Why don't people want boys?" X

&#128561;

Aww thanks! I can't wait to see them together :)

Yes he is! December 2011 baby... Did you have a 2011 baby too?

Thought I had already replied to this, yes I sure did :) Jackson is a 2011 baby although he was due in May...I wonder where you on the cerezette thread for ladies who had taken that pill and struggled to get cycles back? If not must have just been around the forum at the same time :) X

My family and OHS family are the same, they all want girls. I have two girls already and I do personally want another girl. That being said, I wont be disappointed if I have a boy, not at all.

I think you have been jumped on a bit for something that is not your opinion, but the opinion of those around you, not your fault.

Jitter your comment actually made me laugh! My doc yesterday asked if I preferred a boy or a girl, and I told her boy. She raised and eyebrow and said "Why?" The easy answer?? *I* was a girl; I know the kinda hell we put our mothers through!! And I grew up with only sisters, and I know what kinda hell they were. So for my own sanity.... ;)

Boys are amazing and girls are amazing. Some families just dream of one a bit more sometimes.

Personally I wanted one of each and hopefully I'm getting that!

Congrats on your girl! :)

My family and OHS family are the same, they all want girls. I have two girls already and I do personally want another girl. That being said, I wont be disappointed if I have a boy, not at all.

I think you have been jumped on a bit for something that is not your opinion, but the opinion of those around you, not your fault.

The original post has been changed. Heavily edited I'd say. So I think lots of people on here are justified in being offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->