Just had a gender scan done today! :o

Jitter

Reaction score
It's a girl! Like, wow, it's what we wanted. Since when have we ever had that kind of luck? Fiance is over the moon. This is our first baby! Also.. All of my friends wanted us to have a girl, why does it seem people prefer boys? I don't understand

Aside from that, WOW we are so happy!

What are you guys having? :pink:

Why doesn't anyone like boys??

Congratulations on your scan and your healthy baby girl but please think before you speak x

Why doesn't anyone like boys??

Congratulations on your scan and your healthy baby girl but please think before you speak x

I didn't think I said anything bad? I just don't understand why no one has come to me and said "I hope you have a boy!" It's ALWAYS girl!

I didn't actually tell them what I wanted! So it's just them saying what they think.

Thank you very much! :happydance:

That being said, boy or girl I am just really happy she's healthy! I love boys, I have babysat very young babies before, and boys just seemed easier.

Nobody likes boys?
Really? I must be the only one.

Congrats on a healthy baby

Personally I'm rather fond of my three sons! How odd?!

Look I don't think you meant anything by it at all so I'm going to back off because it's something I'm sensitive about but don't be surprised it others take offence as well.
I'm quite sure that plenty of people wish for a boy.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, it's just the vibe I am getting from all of my friends and relatives. I personally love boys, I just find it odd that so many seem to prefer girls, by the sound of it. I really want a boy and girl, so I'm glad I've got the girl, now I really really want the boy in the future! I have the perfect name chosen if we were to have a boy. I should rephrase my first post a bit, to be honest when I read back on it I thought "Hmm, that doesn't sound right."

Congrats! In my family everyone hoped I had a boy first.

Congrats! In my family everyone hoped I had a boy first.

Thanks! :) I guess it differs from family to family. I think it's maybe because my family has had loads of experience with girls rather than boys. Most of my cousins are female, and my sister (and me of course!) and on fiance's side, his sister had a girl. I think a few of my friends fantasize about having girls someday. Though it's hard for them to have a baby at all because they have PCOS :(

I wonder what there reaction would have been had you been getting a boy. People do realise there is no controlling the gender right?
The focus should be on hoping your lo is healthy.

Congratulations!

We also want a girl :) Have three boys already :)

To be fair I know my family have hoped for a girl in my pregnancies which I find difficult as I feel my boys are somehow loved less! It was just your choice of words when you said "why does nobody like boys" there may be mothers reading who have lost boys for example. Even harder for them to read.

Anyway glad your lo is healthy in there Xx

Congrats on your healthy girl.
I think I can understand what you're trying to say. Everyone I meet says "bet you're hoping for a girl" because I have a son already.
Actually no, my little boy is the most beautiful, cuddly person and I would be more than happy to give him a brother xxx

I can also relate. We are pregnant with our second and EVERYONE (family and friends) hopes we have a girl, including DH!! Because we have a son already. I agree with ElmoBumptobe here, since my son was born and everyone hoped he was a girl I felt as though he was not as loved as should he have been a girl ( I know this sounds silly but you feel that way)

Now with our second, doc thinks its another boy... so its hard because I personally love love love my little man and absolutely love the idea of another son, but everyone else is disappointed. For me, I don't mind a boy or girl but it seems that sometimes people assume, as a woman, you would prefer having a girl and thus they always ask if you want a girl or say you should have a girl.

I love my son and the baby boy in my belly and would not have it any other way :)

Congrats on your girl though xx

Thanks guys, yeah I agree. It definitely makes you feel kind of rotten when everyone around you is disappointed in something you couldn't really help. Like what gender they all hoped for. It's not like we're going to love our kids any less, and (excuse me for saying this) I think it's a little bit sexist? Err.. Is that the right word? Dunno, just grinds my gears a bit. They should just be happy that the baby is healthy :)

umm, i have 2 boys and am pregnant with my third boy. i guess no one will like my boys.

congrats on your "good luck" on having a girl. ashamed im having bad luck since im having another boy.

Congratulations!! Pay no mind to the whiners on here giving you a hard time. If the people around you were wishing for a girl, it has nothing to do with you and you should be allowed to share your experience. My family has an unwritten rule that a boy should come first - I have a gender scan tomorrow, so we'll see!! DH and I are happy either way.

Congratulations!! Pay no mind to the whiners on here giving you a hard time. If the people around you were wishing for a girl, it has nothing to do with you and you should be allowed to share your experience. My family has an unwritten rule that a boy should come first - I have a gender scan tomorrow, so we'll see!! DH and I are happy either way.

No one is whineing. The op said why does nobody like boys? Personally I feel this is a very narrow view. I happen to love my boy, my nephews & equally my little girl so it's called disagreeing not whineing. I simply think she should realise her comment was really silly & completely untrue. Especially when lots of people here struggle to have a baby nevermind being choosy over gender. Anyway healthy babies to you all! X

I know what you mean, op. I think people always want you to have a girl bc they want an excuse to buy girlie clothes!
Congrats! I have my scan on the 15, can't wait!

Congrats on your girl:) I understand what you meant and wasn't offended. I myself already have 1 girl and 2 boys. Expecting surprise baby #4! lol When my hubby told his mom the first thing that came out of her mouth was "I hope it's a girl". I was not happy as I just want a healthy baby. I've had alot people tell me they hope it's a girl because then we will have 2 of each. I don't know why people say things like that! My 2 boys are amazing and definitely momma's boys:) Enjoy your first pregnancy and baby, it is such a special time:)

We all get what is set out for us... I have a Girl then Twins Girl and a Boy and then another Girl then a Loss who was a girl and now another Girl... Im pleased either way :haha: But alot do say oh another Girl... well thats what im having hehe cant change it - Congratz on a little miss tho xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->