Just had a membrane sweep!!

sam040509

Mum of 4 beautiful kids!
Reaction score
As some of you know i am due to have a c-section on tuesday as i was refused an induction for a large baby due to having 2 previous sections. Well i've just got back from the delivery suite where i saw my 'proper' consultant (not the one that booked the c-section) and he agreed to perform a membrane sweep on me. I've had a little loss of bloody mucousy plug since and some mild cramping. If i don't go into labour before Monday he said to go back at 10am for another sweep. I really want to avoid a c-section if possible so i'm praying something will happen by the weekend.

For anyone that has had a sweep did it work, and how long did it take to go into labour? We have been told to have sex tonight and hopefully that will get things moving. OH thinks it's his birthday!! LOL

Sam x

hope it works, good luck xx

I had mine on the wenesday contractions from thursday gave birth sunday good luck xxx

I just had a sweep today so I'm waiting to see as well, fingers crossed!

Good luck to you, hope things get going for you soon! Just out of interest how big is your baby?!

Sorry, I never had one, But just wondered if it hurt at all?

Sorry hun never had one but just saying good luck and hope it works for you x

Had one with my 1st daughter at 2c 40 weeks... Ended up being induced at 42 weeks. It works for a tun of woman though. I had no bloody show or anything. Gooooooood luck sounds good

i am getting a Sweep done on the 20th... fingers crossed it will work... :(

Good luck, I really hope it works for you, take care :hugs: XX

Ive had one before, I know a few people that have, they are normally really effective at giving baby a nudge if he's ready xxx

How are you today???

I hope I get a sweep soon.

Good luck - they tried one on me this week but couldnt get to my cervix. Was it very painful?? Am goin to try again next week....

I had one with my 2nd, worked brilliantly half hr later waters went, next morning (9 hrs later) had baby!!
Im really interested in your story as I have had 2 sections and dont want another, let us know how you get on wont you??
Good luck

i had 1 with my 2nd daughter at 10:00am my waters went at about 4:00pm and she was born at 9:45pm ....hope it work for you

its not painfull from what i can remember its just a little uncomfortable

Hows everything going today hun? Any more signs...? I hope the sweep worked for you and you dont have to go through another section. :hugs:

I had one on Monday, lost my plug since. Had another sweep yesterday, been feeling uncomfortable but no signs of baby coming yet. Having another sweep on Tuesday if he hasnt arrived by then.

Hope it works for you hun :hug:

ok stupid question. I know what a sweep is but until I joined on here I didn't. Is this something they don't do in the states?? Everyone that's had one seems to be from Europe or Canada??!! And I've never known anyone in person to have one. Just wondering.

Not much has happened since my sweep on Thursday :cry:
I lost some more plug yesterday morning and had a little pressure 'down there'. The sweep itself didn't hurt it was slightly uncomfortable thats all. The consultant forced open my cervix with his finger! I am still hoping i get some contractions or my waters break but no such luck for me :(

I've tried to keep myself active,been bouncing on my gym ball, had sex a couple of times which felt really sensitive!? and had a curry. I even tried to stomach some pineapple but can't stand the stuff! eww

I'm still gonna go in monday morning for another sweep but feel i'm pushing it for time as the section is booked for tues morning! I can see thats what it'll come to. I think it's just not working cos baby isn't quite ready to come out yet.

Will let u know if anything happens. Otherwise the baby will def be born before midday on tuesday! :)

Sam x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->