Just had a MMC and want to try again. Do I have to wait?

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
I was technically 7 weeks pregnant but my pregnancy stopped growing at the gestational sac stage so didn't measure much more than 5-6 weeks and it was confirmed as a MMC.

I had a medically managed miscarriage on Monday and I'm wondering whether I definitely need to wait for a cycle or whether I could just go ahead this month and TTC.

Has anyone else ever tried straight away or am I better off waiting? I know I'm impatient but if the risks are too high, then of course I'll wait. I was just curious.

It seems from things I've read that the earlier the miscarriage, the safer it is due to potentially fewer complications. I'm not sure. I just really want to try again. :(

Hi. I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs2:

I've had four losses and with each one I've made different decisions. With my first mc it was a complete natural miscarriage at around 5 weeks. I was told it was safe to try again immediately so we did, and I ovulated exactly 2 weeks after I'd first started to bleed, and conceived straight away- got my :bfp: exactly a month on from the mc and 38 weeks later had a healthy baby.

My second mc was a twin mmc, I had an ERPC at 10 weeks but there hadn't been any development beyond 6 weeks. I waited one cycle and got my :bfp: first cycle of trying and again had a healthy baby 38 weeks later!

I then had another mmc, medically managed at 9 weeks but had stopped developing a week or two before. That turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy, so I had to wait 6 months to TTC but by that point my OH at the time had decided he didn't want anymore.

I'm now TTC with my new partner. Unfortunately I had another mmc in February- again found out at 10 weeks that baby had stopped developing at 8 weeks. I had another ERPC and was advised to wait a cycle or two to TTC. I'm glad we did because I ended up with an infection, diagnosed a month on from the ERPC and I was on strong antibiotics for two weeks to clear it. We've ended up waiting longer than planned (5 cycles) but mainly because of COVID and wanting to lose a little weight before pregnancy rather than anything miscarriage-related.

The advice on whether to wait after a loss is so mixed, I think it has to be an individual decision. I will say that I found my mmc's harder to move on from than my first miscarriage, I think because I'd had no physical clues that anything was wrong, so I did benefit from a little healing time before going into another pregnancy BUT on the other hand, I'm obviously so glad I didn't wait to try after my first miscarriage as otherwise my lovely ten year old wouldn't be here now!

Good luck whatever you decide. I hope you don't have long to wait for your sticky bean!

I'm so sorry for your losses but I'm equally happy that you've had successful pregnancies and you have your lovely boys :)

I am going to play it by ear and see what feels natural. If by the time I stop bleeding, it feels safe in terms of no signs of infection and just generally feeling good, then I might try and go for it but then, if by the time I stop bleeding something feels off, then I'll skip until my cycle has been and gone and start from there.

I really want to try again but I do want to be safe about it too.

I feel like I grieved this loss before I even had it because I just knew that something wasn't right so I didn't get attached and let go before I physically had to. This is probably why I feel physically and mentally ready to try again. I had a fair amount of time to get used to it that I wasn't going to be having the baby I lost.

I'll listen to what my gut instinct tells me, I've learned that it never fails me so I'll see how it goes and if it tells me no, I'll listen to it.

Research shows that if you get pregnant within the first 3 mos of having a miscarriage you're more likely to not miscarry again. Miscarriage rates go up after that first 3 mos.

I'm just waiting for the bleeding to stop and to reach 14 days since, then i've definitely left a good gap in between. The bleeding is still there but i'm only 5 days since it started so i'm not concerned, more just impatient

I'm just waiting for the bleeding to stop and to reach 14 days since, then i've definitely left a good gap in between. The bleeding is still there but i'm only 5 days since it started so i'm not concerned, more just impatient

I hope that the bleeding stops soon :hugs:

I'm sorry for your loss. I ve just had a mmc myself and all the research I did said its fine to try again straight way. They usually say to wait for your period just so they can date it better but there is no reason you can't ttc straight away. If you feel emotionally ready then go for it.

Good luck.

Hi sweety im so sad to hear about ure loss.

Im Currently experiencing my 3rd chemical pregnancy/Misscarige in a row.
I had one in April then one in June, and now I'm going through another.

Im also not sure if i shud try again or leave it a month or so.

Im 40 so age isn't on my side and I really want to try again ASAP.

I may give it a month and then try.
My O gets very messed up after a loss I end up O around CD8 instead of my normol time of CD13 14.
So I expect it will be another CD8 O this cycle because of this chemical.
So I dont think i stand much chance this cycle.
We have been ttc almost 6 months now with 3 chemicals.
I really hope we all get our rainbow babies soon.

Pregnancy loss is a terrible thing to go though.

This is my 6th Misscarige in total but the other 3 happened years ago. Never had 3 losses in a row.
This has hit me so hard and im broken.

Sending u the most biggest hugs and i pray that what ever u decide to do works out.

I think if u have had a D&C it mite be worth holding off untill u have another period and then trying after that.
It will give ure utrus lining a chance to thicken.

Also I know alot of the ladies on here carried on testing to make sure all the HCH was out of there system.

Im am so very sorry ure going through this. It truly is awful :hugs:

So sorry for your loss!, My most recent was a missed miscarriage, I was 9 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had to go into hospital to have a medically managed miscarriage. That was at the end of June, I've only JUST ovulated yesterday, I had a really out of whack cycle after the miscarriage bleed had finished. But I was told as soon as the bleeding has stopped then its ok to TTC again, the nurse said some doctor prefer you to wait to until you've had a normal period so it is easier with dating a potential pregnancy.

Good luck TTC, Fingers crossed both our Rainbow babies will be on their way soon!. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->