Just had anatomy scan... wrong sex!!!!!!!!"

Oh my oh my!!!! Am lost for words! I like your attitude though :) I just hope your hubby is ok! :hugs:

my friend had scan 2 days before birth and they said it's a boy...she has a girl!!! and also-it happened in stanford medical center-can you believe it????

I've started to worry about this happening. We had a gender scan at 16weeks showing a girl and then at 20 week scan she wouldn't open her legs but sonographer did say she'd guess a girl...doesn't fill me with too much confidence. We are having a 4d scan in a few weeks so hopefully that will put an end to my worrying!! I think now I'm accepting we won't know until she/he's out!

I've been told im having a boy. But you hear so many stories were the Tech's get the gender wrong. I was still planning to put neutral clothes in the hospital bag just in case.

wow!! what a story! it's nice that you have such a pma about it, and like the others said, at least you didn't go the other half of pregnancy thinking the wrong gender!

wowwy!! Thats crazy! a pretty little rpincess for u. good luck! xo

Wow! Shocking! Congrats on ur little girl- hope they're right this time or you'll get a shock in the delivery room lol!xx

Awww congrats on your :pink: bump!

Thats why i did't want an early scan would rather wait until they are a bit more developed although i know it can still be wrong lol

That happened to me with my 1st. A bit earlier though. It was my Dr who told me he could tell us the gender at 14.5 weeks. He told us boy. Luckily at our next appointment(19.5 weeks) he did another ultrasound. he didnt even check the gender really, but during it he kept saying "she". I said its a boy though. So he checked and said No, its a girl. I was pretty upset for about a week, not sure how my husband felt but I think he got over it faster than me. After a week I got super excited, but needed time to kind of "grieve" my son, that actually never existed

Wow that happened to us a week ago, I had a scan at 15+5 weeks and the doctor told us definitely a boy, obvious sac and penis, had another scan at 17 +5 and the tech said a girl. I have to go back for another scan on the 13th so I'm holding out that its a boy. Doc said he isnt convinced its a girl. Hubby already has 2 girls and I dont think he can handle another one! LOL .

This is strange, I was told by a professional that if they say boy it's almost hundred percent accurate where as if they say girl there is still a chance it could be a boy, I would be inclined to believe the private scan.

Omg!!! This is why i don't wash my baby clothes until the baby is born! xx Congrats on making team :pink: by the way, girls are just wonderful xx

WOW- I've heard of thinking it was a girl when the boy bits were "hiding" as this happened to my cousin... but not the other way around!!! Sorry they got it wrong in the first place, but congrats on team Pink!!!

We have our gender scan today at 18wks... hope they are 100% sure! Yikes!!!

we have held off decorating the room until we double check at our 20wk scan that she's a she - fingers crossed she flashes us! i'd find it hilarious if i was told boy now, it wouldn't bother me at all lol what a crazy surprise!

Wow--I'd really love to see the pictures from both scans. Do post them when you can. I have heard that occasionally the cord gets mistaken for the penis, but it must be pretty rare. I know when we saw our son's boy parts there didn't seem to be any question. Anyway, congrats on your baby girl; I hope you and hubby can wrap your minds around this one in due time.

Thanks everyone!

Its starting to sink in. Nice to see that its happened to others. My cousin just said the same thing happened to her too.

After looking more at the pic I saw her mouth profile has her top lip sticking out... just like my husbands does. So, I showed him when he woke up and I got a big smile from him. Its really cute. So, I think he'll come around. He wanted a boy first so bad, so I know hes disappointed but I know she'll have him wrapped around his little finger. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I know two people who were told they were having boys and ended up with girls in the delivery room! It seems there is more error mistaking girls for boys as things are developing.

The same thing happened to a lady on here when I went through the forum when pregnant with my daughter..... so even though we had a gender scan at 16 weeks, I didnt buy any big pink things and kept the receipts and labels on the clothes I brought until they confirmed it at 20 weeks.. even then I kept the labels on most of the clothes!!

Have had a very early gender scan again this time and have been told girl - but as we have all the pink things anyway we wouldnt be put out if told boy at anomoly scan...

Little girls are so much fun and you can have a boy next time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->