Just had anatomy scan... wrong sex!!!!!!!!"

Wowzers! I had a 3d scan but the tech saw the girl bits on the 2d bit, and we had it confirmed at the 20 week scan! This thread scares me!

This exact same thing happened to my friend, 16 week gender scan said Boy & 20 week scan said Girl, her hubby was heartbroke but he soon got over it when he held his baby girl she's a Lil stunner :) xxxxx

Oh gosh I hope ours is accurate. Dh has bets out with a bunch of family & friends. He will either win or lose a ton of money. In a sick way I'm hoping he loses cause I would really like a girl:)

You mentioned that the 1st scan was 3D. Did the tech fluctuate between 2D to 3D or was it only the 3D. The reason why I ask this is because I just looked on Google images at 3D and it is hard to tell the sex to me. Even when the images said boy at 16 weeks, I am squinting my eyes just to see anything concerning the sex but I can point out the face, arms and legs on most of them and sometimes, even that is difficult. I had a 2D at 16 weeks in the emergency room and you can't go wrong with knowing that my baby is definatly a boy. He gave me 2 nice potty shots. I am just saying that me personally, I wouldn't trust the 3D ultrasounds. I had considered going to do a personal scan (3d) at another office at 15 weeks that wasn't related to my Dr and they told me that mostly women do not attempt to find out gender with 3D any earlier than 20 weeks because it is difficult to see sometimes so I didn't book the appointment. I did have an emergency and was able to see my little one at 16 weeks. Sorry but I trust the 2D (black and white standard ultrasound). Good luck and :hugs:.

It was mostly 2d. The sex part was 2d. It was just a fluke. Most places say you can get scan at 16 weeks actually. Our tech today said she can tell most babies at 14 weeks but isn't allowed to say.

It just happens sometimes. The do tot came to second check and said its never 100% until its out.

Wow! Congrats :) I'd be over the moon. They told me boy at 16 weeks and again at 20 but I still don't see a penis and scrotum. So I've just started buying for a boy and if they're wrong someone else can deal with the mistake and go shopping for everything again lol.

I would like to see the ultrasound pics from both your ultrasounds to compare. :)

they said they were showing you the balls? from what i know they arent apparent until almost 3rd trimester... hmmm.

im with everyone else though, i would like to see pix from both scans!

This is strange, I was told by a professional that if they say boy it's almost hundred percent accurate where as if they say girl there is still a chance it could be a boy, I would be inclined to believe the private scan.

I always thought this too! But at my last scan I said this and the tech said that no it's the other way round because the genitals are so swollen at first and the clitoris sticks out so much you get more wrong boy guesses than girl :shrug: who knows!!

when im 26 weeks im having a 4d one so hopefully we will have more of a chance to see what bits are what cos its quite far on in the pregnancy so hopefully will know for sure fingers crossed :thumbup:

Just thought I would share mine with you...maybe so you could compare...or anyone else...these are my girl shots at 14 wks, 21 weeks 5 days, and 33 weeks 3 days! And she's 10 months old now so they were very right for me!
https://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/stephaniesimpkins92106/14.jpg
https://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/stephaniesimpkins92106/21.jpg
https://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/stephaniesimpkins92106/33.jpg

ETA=(sorry for the awful glare and my big ol finger in the pictures, lol They are in a photo album now so I was trying to push down the plastic to avoid the glare but it didnt work out so well :dohh:)

I wouldnt go by gender predictions until atleast 19 weeks. Up until then its pretty difficult to see a difference.

wow! I've been told boy 3 times and am still nervous each time I have a scan that he's now a girl :haha: x

That's crazy! I can't believe it....I don't know why they even tell people the sex before 20 weeks it's so hard to actually tell at that point! And this may sound totally dumb but I don't think baby's have testies at 16 weeks? like they don't drop until a bit later? I don't know lol may be me being totally dumb,. Hope you didn't buy too much blue!

I found out the sex of bub at 17 weeks and im going back in 2 weeks for a 3D/4D ultrasound to double check! i just dont wanna buy everything in pink and then find out she is really a he!

I found out at 16/17weeks with my son and there was no mistaking it you could see the whole package haha

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/KinKeH_Lesley_photos/Baby/17weeks4days13thDecemberBOY2.jpg
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/KinKeH_Lesley_photos/Baby/17weeks4days13thDecemberBOY.jpg

Oh my, that's exactly why I'm out finding out !! lol!
Congrats on the surprise baby girl !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->