Just had anatomy scan... wrong sex!!!!!!!!"

shellb

Reaction score
We had a 3d ultrasound at 16 weeks and was told it was a boy... shown the penis and balls... allegedly. Went for the 20 week scan today and its a girl. The doctors came in to double check and everything.

I'm shocked.
My hubby went mute.

Just... wow.

Oh my.. this is my biggest worry!! I'm starting to think that we should have double checked it now..!!

it happens lol thats why i wont pay for a gender scan lol one of my friends they changed their mind at every scan she went to she had about 6 in total

Oh no!!! I hope you haven't decorated and bought everything blue!!
Are you happy about your pink bump?! Xxx

You never know for sure till they come out I suppose! 16 weeks is quite early so it might be less accurate, however if you paid privately for that as a sexing scan you should complain if you can. Hope it was a nice surprise and you haven't done too much blue shopping, congrats on team pink! We've stayed yellow...we'll find out in September!

well congrats on the :pink: bump and hope you have bought too much blue :) xx

Oh wow!! Now I'm nervous lol
What a shock that must of been x

oh wow :shock: i'm worried about this! we have our scan next week but the hospital won't tell us the sex so we have to go on what the gender scan told us :wacko: i hope bubs has a big willy hanging out so it's really obvious! how is hubby taking the news? mine would be gutted now that he's so into us having a boy i think. congratulations on your surprise baby girl! i may have to have another private scan now!! xx

HOLY MOLY! I am glad you found at 20 weeks at least. We had our gender scan at 18 weeks, 6 days...and won't have another ultrasound til 34/35 weeks! :dohh:

I actually flew home this weekend and got tons of boy clothes from family. Lol. My mom washer and vacuum packed everything so it'd stay clean for baby. Oh well, I guess she'll be a bit of a tomboy sometimes. Lol. I actually initially had a gut feeling it was a girl, so I'm already wrapped my head around it and excited... my hubby. Well, hes laying down right now. Lol.

Shes already making a diva entrance.

Oh goddd, i had a private scan at 17+6 and i have a picture of his balls and willy with legs apart, now youve got me worried. Do you have a potty shot from your private scan?

I do have pics, but I'm on my phone so I can't upload yet...

The tech was saying that shes only had that happen a few times. Although she said her cousin was told girl all through and it came out a boy! I'm glad I found out now. At least she can wear the boy stuff, but doesn't work so well the opposite way. Lol. Ill put a headband on her so people know its a girl. Lol.

Wow, I'm just spinning right now :)

at least you found out now and not at the birth when you would have had everything for a boy! just shows that they are not always right

It happens... My uncle and wife was told girl. But they had a baby boy...

I hope you aren't too disappointed. Though I can understand

Yep... and I wouldn't worry everyone. I really think I'm just one of those weird stories you hear. I'm just glad that was our shock today and everything else was healthy. She actually measured 11 oz. which seems big for 19 weeks. I'm going to go investigate. She does look cute and chunky in her pic.

At least she can wear the boy stuff, but doesn't work so well the opposite way. Lol. Ill put a headband on her so people know its a girl. Lol.

Great attitude!! I love it!!

Now, go put a cool washcloth on your hubby's head and tell him to take deep breaths.:haha:

That happened to a friend, all along they thought her son was a girl... nope out came Cole!!

My parents never had an ultrasound with me, and only heard the heartbeats once, at that time they were told it was 2 heartbeats and planned for twins. And only one came out!

What a strange shock but true to be easier to receive at this point than in the delivery room! I'm sure hubby will begin to adjust to having a daughter and be so proud!!!
We are staying team yellow and have our 20 week scan in 2 weeks. Your story will help me stay strong and not blurt out 'can you tell what it is' in the scan room as I guess its true its only really 100% on arrival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->