Just had my smear !! Boo hoo

Jenren

Reaction score
Just got back from docs had my smear done today.
Boo hoo

So much better than last time and the nurse was so lovely.

Not really sure why im telling you all but oh well.
So glad i joined this forum - lovely ladies !!

Aw did you find it uncomfy?

Ive got the doctors at 4pm because im looking into getting a cap or diaphragm and apparently the doctors got to measure you!!!!!! :-(

Its actually was ok, only took about 40 seconds but the nurse was fantastic.

I haven't yet had a smear but can't say I'm overly looking forward to it. Still at least it gives us all piece of mind that they can pick up anything odd nice and early :)

Is it much worse than a regular exam 'down there'? I've had an exam with a speculum and swabs and stuff just not a smear.

No its not bad at all, just the same as swaps etc.
Suppose it depends on the nurse, this is my third and its
gotten better every time.

Not particularly nice are they? Ive had 2, and found the 2nd better than the 1st too. My nurse told me that usually she'd get the result in 2 to 4 weeks, but recently the number of people having smears has shot right up, due to jade goody, and she says its more like 4 months now!

Yeah the nurse told me it will be approx 6 weeks.
Will be in Florida the so will have to wait till im back.

Glad it went ok hun, didnt realise it was that long to wait for results x

I had my first smear last year and i was crapping it! sooo nervous lol. It was all good but every time i see that nurse at the doctors I always put my head down coz I get embarrased haha! glad urs went ok tho

I havent had one even though i have been sexualy active for the last 6 years. If they leave me till im 25 it will have been 10 years. I think im gonna go in and say i think i felt a lump so they will give me one.

In Spain they recommend one every 2 years, I had one not long ago and bleed afterwards for a few hours. I was quite pissed of as the results were said to be inconclusive due to too much blood. I wish the nurse had not been so rough, not exactly gentle like my husband !

Aww glad it's out of the way for you now hun!

I am due my third this year. I had my first one when I was 19 I think, just because i was sexually active (before they changed the age to 25 I guess). I absolutely hated it. Felt mortified and cried afterwards!!! Second time, I put it off for at least 6 months and got told off by the nurse when I was seeing her about something else!!! It wasn't as bad the second time as I knew what I was expecting. It's not the most comfortable of experiences, but in all fairness it is over in a minute and has the potential to save your life so shouldn't complain!!

I am due my next one in September, but am going to try and have it end of july/early august so the results are back before we start TTC in september x

i still havent had one.
i really need to book one in! they said i should phone up as soon as intercourse wasn't too painful. oops lol x x x x x

ive just had one last week. I have to have them every 6 months because i had an abnormal result about a year ago. so just had my third one and to be honest they get better as you have each one. and all of your shame goes out of the window haha xx

i had my first last year. i was 17. i decided i wanted to go on the pill and the health clinic i go to requires a yearly physical which includes a smear. it was really awkward the first time because i was on my period. oh i felt so weird. i go back next week for my second one. i'm making OH come with me!! lol. mostly because they will take my blood. i will probably faint so i want some support. i hate going it alone.

smears arent so bad though. i really dont mind it. i would reccommend it to anybody because it's a life saving procedure. especially if cervical cancer is in your family. my grandma had cervical cancer and they didnt catch it soon enough and she almost died. her only option was a total hysterectomy and she was lucky. it saved her life.

all i kno is i would rather go through a few minutes of awkwardness than years of suffering,

I had my first one about 6 weeks ago, just got the results through yesterday. I was dreading it but it really wasn't that bad! A bit uncomfy because my cervix was pointing downward? but the nurse was lovely and talked me through what she was doing.

r we all supposed to get regular exams down there regardless of ttc????

Yeah from the age of 25 you should have them every 3 yrs.

I had my first at the end of last year! In Wales you get them from 20, instead of 25 like in England, which I think is quite good! I suppose it's because part of the Welsh Assembly's health care aims is to concentrate on preventative medicine- our waiting lists are still pretty shocking here though!!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->