Just had my smear !! Boo hoo

ah no need to panic not reached 25 yet!! :p amycxx

Huh-my insurance (in TX) recommends that we get them once a year...I have been going since I was 17 and had one every year and am fixing to be 25? Strange how that differs in other locations...I think the age here is 18 though? Not sure on that. Strange :)

I was shocked that England has 25 as the start date for paps. I don't agree with that at all. As soon as you are sexually active you should be having them, I think.

I'm so shocked, we start annual pap tests here as soon as you become sexually active!! And they are covered (in Ontario anyway) by the government health plan also..

I've had 3- first 2 were not painful at all and went really fast, I was nervous about the speculum, but it wasn't that bad, the nurse even warmed it up under the tap for me :rofl: they also use lube so it's not just raw metal instrument against your body, lol. THAT would be awful.
Here they take swabs (with like these long QTip type things).. I had 2 done, then they scrape some cells from your cervix- the only part that is a bit uncomfortable, but it's over really fast.

The 3rd was done in 1st trimester of my pregnancy and THAT was a bit uncomfortable but not bad honestly!

Sure it's a bit umm up close and personal but ladies it's nothing to fear and it could save your life! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->