just had results back for strep and im positive. devistated i need advice :(

sazibubba

pregnant with 2nd bubba
Reaction score
i sent off some swabs to check for strep b on monday and have just had the results back and im strep b positive. i am absolutly devistated and duno what to do i cant stop crying i feel like i have failed my son already its bad enuff being recess negative too. was planning a home water birth. now im at a loss and wanna breakdown and hide. i really wanna have a natural homewater birth. i really duno what to do and need some advice from other carriers xxxxxx

Read the WHOLE of the GBS thread at the top of this page from beginning to end with all the links and research. That's how you can make an informed decision. No one here can advise you what to do only you can decide. First port of call is the research and it's all been done for you, you just have to read it.

i read it tnx u hun. but has anyone else actually had their homebirth without the antibiotics and baby was fine? and do you have to stay at hospital longer?

If you've read the thread you'll see there are several people who have :)

My last client had her baby at home one month ago yesterday with a pos GBS status and both mum and baby were fine.

tnx u so much ladies, just hope my midwife supports me, i still want to plan my homebirth and would like to do the monitoring approch. was hopin to have sex still. would this put me at more risk tho having sex?

:hugs: It's your decision, but as MM says, reading the Strep thread within this forum will give you all the information you need to be able to make a decision that you are comfortable with.

You have to be ready for your mw not to support you. It's not her fault but if the hospital policy is IV abs then she can't go against that. I know in some areas, Sheffield being one, they have special home birth teams who support women home birthing outside guidelines with inde mws. So in Sheffield so long as you understood and were making an educated and informed choice, you would be supported by a mw used to supporting outside guidelines and who wouldn't transfer in at the drop of a hat - lucky Sheffield!!

If you want your home birth now you have this result you need to be ready to advocate for yourself and your baby which can be tough. Good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->