Just had the best gender reveal idea!

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
My mom made a good point when we told her about baby today. We were originally going to wait until Christmas to tell everyone but if we tell sooner they can get us presents. We decided to do a reveal at each of our parent's houses on Thanksgiving. I am going to make homemade scratch off lottery tickets. We will pass one out to everyone and a "winning ticket" will be given to a random person that actually has the gender. Thinking of doing it in a style so they have to reveal the word boy or the word girl 3 times on their ticket to win. They're actually really easy to make out of dish soap and paint :happydance:

Cute idea. I love trying to think of how we are going to tell everyone what the gender is. We get to find out on our wedding anniversary so will be a great present for us :)

That's really neat =)

dish soap and paint? Please elaborate :flower:

What a cool idea! Good luck with implementing :)

Don't know how to use soap, but when I was a kid we achieved similar effect using candles (would cover the "ticket" with a coat of dry candle, sort of paint it over as if it was a clear pastel. Then would give it a coat of paint and after it had dried you can scratch it and see what is underneath, on the paper).
I'm not sure if any modern candle would work, though. :) On the second thought, you'll probably do exactly the same with a handsoap (just the hard one, not the runny one :D... that's what confused me to begin with)

That's genius! I work at a lottery retailer, so that would be extra fun for us :D

Cute idea! How do you make the lottery tickets though? Intrigued!

I actually got on Vistaprint.com and designed it last night. I just made some business cards. They're $5.99 for 25 so I will have one that goes boy boy girl and then a set that goes girl girl boy. Then I will order ones that are the "winners". Altogether it will cost me like $20. I also get email coupons for sales and percentages off my orders so I am sure I can get them even cheaper. I'm not 100% on the mixing ratio. If you google Gender reveal lottery tickets you can find sites that have the mixture recipe :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
  • lp (1).jpg
    lp (1).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 10
So I will just have to paint over the baby carriages of course. We will probably use a silver mixture. From what I've seen metallic paint looks best. I will attach a penny to each with little craft glue dots and then once everyone is ready say go. I think the kids will love it too. OH has a big family with about 10 nieces and nephews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->