Just Hired A Doppler.

smitsusan5

call me kayte (:
Reaction score
From my midwife.
im 11+1 where do i start with this machine?! i have no idea what to do!

Even some midwives have a hard time finding baby's heartbeat at lower gestations. It could take you a while to find the heartbeat if at all. I was told by alot of people it wasn't a great idea as if you cannot find the heartbeat it can put you into a bit of a panic. Hope you get on ok with it, though.

I said Id never get one of these but bought one at 12 weeks and its the best thing I ever ever did. Angel Sounds are the best ones this early on, most of the others you cant hear anything till later on or theyre just plain rubbish.

Pop some gel on or baby lotion. Lay flat, relax and place the doppler very very low centrally near your pubic bone/just above. Press quite hard and gently move the doppler around. A whooshing sound like wind through trees which is quite clear is the placenta. If you go too far left or right you will pick up your own heartbeat from the femoral artery. Youre listening for a train type noise wooosh wooosh wooosh (lol) the further along you get the clearer it will get and you will clearly hear the heart bumping.
I found it every time easily. I listened to my own heart with the doppler first and you tube is great because it helps you know what youre listening for.
Good luck XX

What kind did you get? I rented a professional hi-bebe one and it was amazing made the Angelsounds look like a piece of crap.

Use gel and press on gently but firm and just slowly scan the area just above the pubic bone. Best to have a look on youtube and see how they do it. Let us know if you find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->