Just looking some advice spotting or AF 6DPO?

Twilight8

Reaction score
Hi I'm quite new to this i am just looking some advice on weather I should get my hopes up or now this month. the first day of my last AF was 22nd April with a normal 33 day cycle, me and hubby BD CD11, 12, 18, 21 and 23. I ovulated around 20th as I had some cramping and sweating, I'm now 6DPO and I get my period EVERY single month exactly 14 days after I ovulate however I had a small spot of brown and clear DC when I wiped this morning and later today I Began to bleed bright red enough to have to put an ST on. Does this sound life AF? I usually cramp and have such a sore stomach and back before my AF comes but I have had absolutely nothing.

I think 6 dpo is way too early for AF...unless you're really off on when you ovulated. It could just be spotting or maybe implantation bleeding, although 6 dpo is kinda early for that. Do you temp at all?

I don't temp at the moment, iv never had AF anywhere near CD25 it's always 31-33 as I chart all my AF I usually know when I ovulate because I get a lot of cramps and white stringy CM (sorry TMI) I'm just concerned as its threw me off this month, we've been trying for around 8 months, I'm very confused!

UPDATE: The bleeding has now stopped almost completely 8DPO it was bright red/ pink and slightly heavy but no where near as heavy as a period any advice? I'm quite worried please I'd just love some advice

When you implant it would never be bright red. It would be pink tinge, brown or maybe a FEW red drops. Last for a day off and on and be done, might have slight cramping due to the implantation. Normally done between DPO 6 - DPO 12, usually. I was due for AF next week, yesterday was light brown/pink, stopped over night and at some point today my body decided to mock my attempts by starting AF.

With it needing a tampon, either you have AF or something is wrong. I highly suggest you contact your doctor to make sure everything is alright. You could always been stressing yourself to AF earlier which is what I think happened to me.

I'm going to disagree with gennifaire and say it can be bright red.

Typically bright red indicates 'fresh' moreso than 'not implantation bleeding'. 6 DPO is early for implantation but not impossible. A LP of 6 days would be extremely short, but still not impossible.

However, stress, poor nutrition, or altered hormone levels could also cause a short LP, and might be somewhat more likely than red implantation bleeding too.

I think your course of action should depend more on whether or not you get a positive pregnancy test later though, since there's a fair chance this was just AF. I would suggest taking a test around the time you expected AF (especially if you're still experiencing your usual TWW symptoms) and if so, get seen by a doctor. If no positive test, assume that was CD1 on 6DPO and plan your next cycle from there. If you get a repeat performance next cycle, (another short LP) see a doctor.

Going only by cm and pains alone doesn't really gaurentee you ovulated then honey. Ovulation pains can happen before, during and after O, just like cm can. For instance, myself, I get O pains for a week before O, the day of O and a few days afterwards. My ewcm also only shows up a few days before but usually disappears a day or two before O actually happens. Just another thought.
I had implantation spotting and pain when I fell with my son. The bleeding was bright red and about the size of a 20 cent piece. Ver mucousy as well. That was all I got though. It's most likely just a funny cycle honey xx Do a test in a few days just to make sure but what you're describing sound more like AF rather than IB.
In saying that though, if you O'd early, it could have been a breakthrough bleed as well. It's hard to say. After implantation a pregnancy test will usually show positive 3-5 days later and a blood test 1-3. Good luck xx

Typically bright red indicates 'fresh' moreso than 'not implantation bleeding'. 6 DPO is early for implantation but not impossible. A LP of 6 days would be extremely short, but still not impossible.

However, stress, poor nutrition, or altered hormone levels could also cause a short LP, and might be somewhat more likely than red implantation bleeding too.

I think your course of action should depend more on whether or not you get a positive pregnancy test later though, since there's a fair chance this was just AF. I would suggest taking a test around the time you expected AF (especially if you're still experiencing your usual TWW symptoms) and if so, get seen by a doctor. If no positive test, assume that was CD1 on 6DPO and plan your next cycle from there. If you get a repeat performance next cycle, (another short LP) see a doctor.

Really? everything ive read and been told has said outside of maybe red drops it should never be bright red, since implantation bleeding takes longer to show itself, sometimes you get it after you already implanted, thus why it should be pink/brown and light. Not arguing - trying to figure out the facts since everything ive been told said it should never be bright red like period blood! So frustrating to have everything always conflicting! lol but everyones body is different.

Really? everything ive read and been told has said outside of maybe red drops it should never be bright red, since implantation bleeding takes longer to show itself, sometimes you get it after you already implanted, thus why it should be pink/brown and light. Not arguing - trying to figure out the facts since everything ive been told said it should never be bright red like period blood! So frustrating to have everything always conflicting! lol but everyones body is different.

Everything to do with getting pregnant seems to be a mess of conflicting info, so I get you!

As I said, if she gets IB on day 6 it's likely RIGHT after implantation so it's probably fresh. There's also a kind of bleeding called decidual bleeding which can happen around an expected period even when pregnant, though it's not particularly common, and can actually end up being nearly indistinguishable. Here is some info about it.

Thanks for the feedback guys iv been an emotional wreck the last few days! Like i said it stopped completely yesterday however about an hour ago iv noticed small red spots on my unders so fingers crossed that's a good sign along with the crazy hormones iv had iv been so confused all day getting my words mixed up and forgetting what I'm doing which isn't like me at all! Hoping to test on Thursday when my AF is due! ���� x

Every body is different and every pregnancy is different, I've had friends who had bright red bleeding for almost 5 days only to find out a few days later they were pregnant. What they post online is the average normal experience, which of course if you do more research and reading not everyone falls into that category. So don't get your hopes up or down based off what others found online and posted. No one is a medical professional and even professionals get it wrong sometimes lol. Trust your gut, test when you've missed af and then there's always a blood test. We are all different and so are our bodies. I started spotting 9 days before af was supposed to show, 3 days and so light it was only there when I wiped, no need for tampons or pads, completely abnormal for me, and this never happened with my first pregnancy. I'm gonna wait till af was was due and then test. Don't get discouraged, the tests will put your mind at ease.

Any updates on if it ended with a bfp? Curious because I'm in the same boat now, started spotting today at 7dpo (going by temp), more like a very light period by evening, no cramps, but my lp is normally around 10 to 11 days atm, not 7....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->