Just need moms to talk to about first time pregnancy!!

Firstbaby2012

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!!! (sorry in advance for such a long post!) Whew, so I have had a very exhausting week. To start off, this is my first pregnancy and we are very excited about it! Ok, last Tuesday I got my BFP!!!!!!! Took a Clear Blue Digital and there it was in big letters!!:happydance: Well, went to doc on Wednesday to confirm and urine said negative?:nope: So I took a blood test and Thursday it came back positive :happydance: Well, went to first gyno appointment on Friday and she said due to my last period being April 6that I am 7 weeks preggers but the neg. urine test raised flags!! So I went into ultrasound and they saw a very healthy lining but no fetus?????? and my hormone levels were very low for a 7 week pregnancy??!!! So she said for me to wait until this morning for another blood test.. Well they said that my hormone levels went from 112 on friday to 890 today!!! and also she thinks that i'm only about a month along!! So anyway.... I have to get more blood drawn on Thursday to make sure it still rises but I just dont know whether I should start picking stuff out or to be worried!!!??? Has anyone else gone through all these ups and downs??

I didn't but more than likely your def not 7 weeks considering you just got your bfp. And dr pee tests are not as sensitiveas hpt's so don't worry about that. Your numbers are rising perfectly. I will bet in two more weeks you will see a healthy baby and heart beat! Enjoy your pregnancy and don't worry! You will have enough to deal with once exhaustion and sickness set in!

Are your cycles longer than the "average"?

I wish doctor's would update their urine tests... it seems like they cause a lot more worry and stress than is necessary. If your home test says that you are pregnant, then you are, indeed, pregnant!

Your blood levels rising is a good sign!

If you're only about 4 weeks along, they wouldn't see hardly anything on the ultrasound. On your next ultrasound, I'm sure you'll see things progressing nicely!

Being worried is very normal in the early, early weeks... especially when your doctor's office gives you reason to worry. :dohh: It can be really up-and-down! However the best thing you can do is try to relax and take care of yourself in the best way possible. Worrying about what may or may not happen isn't going to prevent it, so in the mean time, you might as well enjoy being pregnant!

Congratulations on your BFP!! :flower:

I've heard a lot of women say that the Doc's test said neg. I didn't even bother to ask mine for one, I did two at home.

My Doc was convinced I was 13 weeks when I went for my scan, but due to long cycles I knew I wasn't, but was not believed.

Lo and behold, at the scan I was just 9 weeks!

We all worry early on, I was a wreck. Your levels are climbing nicely, just relax and put your feet up. You'll need the rest.

I started watching birth programs, gave me lots of other things to think about!

Let us know!! xxx

This is also my first pregnancy and I feel like there is soooo much to learn! I was like you...I had numerous positives at home so naturally I went to the doc who came in looking not so happy and said well the urine test is negative. I had a million thoughts go through my head! What if it's a chemical or could I possibly have read all those tests wrong?!? Anywho the blood test came back positive...I was just very early on. So like someone else said the tests at the docs really should be updated! If you need another first timer to talk to feel free to message me anytime! I def wouldn't be worried though. Enjoy being pregnant! Oh yea and CONGRATS!! :)

A similar thing happened to me too.

Had my first BFP on 21st April and after suffering a m/c in January was keen to get to the doctors straight away. Saw my GP later the same day who did another test to confirm the pregnancy (she told me that their tests were more sensitive than home tests) but it came back negative. I was told to make another appointment for 2 weeks time to re-test! I made another appointment and went home feeling rather deflated after the initial excitement that morning. I’ve no idea why they wanted me to wait so long and I'm not known for my patience so I did a Clearblue Digital test at home on the 25th April which also said positive and 2-3 weeks, which matched my dates perfectly. Deep down I knew that my home tests were right and the GP one was wrong but I still wanted the GP to confirm it, after all they are the medical experts! After what felt like a very long wait I finally went back to GP on 9th May and their test said positive too.

If your home test said positive and your hormone levels are rising then I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve been told that they can’t see anything on a scan until 6 weeks so chances are you may not be as far along as you first thought.

Stay positive and congratulations.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to write back to me!!! Cassie10, your only 10 weeks?? Congrats, I would love to talk with you and share with eachother as we progress since its the first child for both of us!!!

Oh, and tomorrow (thursday) I go in for yet another blood drawing (4th one in a week) to make sure hormone levels continue to rise.. and I go in for my 2nd ultrasound next thursday I'm hoping we will see something!!! does anyone think we will or will it be too soon still???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->