'Just relax, It'll happen' and other stupid things people say...

When they say that it's like they're saying i'm not good enough to have a baby, yet teen mother and girls who have babies with guys who aren't in the picture are somehow more deserving. Living with they're moms on welfare. Doing drugs while nursing. :wacko:

The one that bothers me the most is when my friends and family who have children tell me "the grass is greener on the other side".
And then say it after every time the baby cries or something of that nature. With this look on their face like they know everything. :growlmad:
Jeez, enough. I get it. But the difference is my baby is gonna be planned and prepared for. I will want this baby before there even is one.

I'm not normally so b*tchy, lol! :blush:
Honest. :winkwink:

I was going through infertility trying for two years, in the middle of giving me an iui the doctor said, you should have no problem getting pregnant, girls your age are getting pregnant by accident all the time!
Right I'm not some young girl fooling around and not using protection, I was married, trying for two years and in the middle of infertility treatments, so insulting.

I was going through infertility trying for two years, in the middle of giving me an iui the doctor said, you should have no problem getting pregnant, girls your age are getting pregnant by accident all the time!
Right I'm not some young girl fooling around and not using protection, I was married, trying for two years and in the middle of infertility treatments, so insulting.

:shock:

Another one that annoys me is when you are talking to someone who has kids about trying for your own. And they look at thier kids who are being naughty at the time and say "You can have mine if you want"
And i'm like "Well I want to have my own actually. Not some ready made 5-year-old who obviously has no concept of behaving properly"

Well, I don't say it because you have to pretend they have said something unique and hilarious and laugh like a drain at the brilliant comedy spewing out of that hole in the stupid face of thiers. But I want to.

I'm not a cynical, bitchy and aggressive person normally but these people wind me up something rotten! It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only person out there that has issues with people.

WTF is wrong with people? Although it doesn't REALLY shock me that doctors are saying these kinds of things, I know MANY a doctor who is incredibly book smart but social idiots. They have NO clue how to deal with people one on one. That's not to say ALL doctors are like that, but I've met more than my fair share who are. :dohh:

hi. new. :) wow. ever since we got married half of everyone who's been bothering us have been asking when we're going to have a baby and what are we waiting for and the other half have been telling me to relax! my mom keeps saying "when ever god wants to he will give you a baby" then there's the whole obviously you're not ready yet- granted we did have some problems till now but i never asked for their opinion. and for my friends who are trying to be supportive i get a lot of the relax, it will happen speech. all the time.
i think it stresses me out more to think that IF we're really not ready then what is going to take to BE ready? i know girls from high school who got pregnant while on heroin and living on the streets. i know girls who are over weight heavy smokers and they drink yet they get pregnant and i, the healthy vegetarian non smoker - i even cut out coffee!!!! i get nothing? then they tell me about god choosing who gets to have a baby and who not? sorry. had to get that out. thanks

When they say that it's like they're saying i'm not good enough to have a baby, yet teen mother and girls who have babies with guys who aren't in the picture are somehow more deserving. Living with they're moms on welfare. Doing drugs while nursing. :wacko:

The one that bothers me the most is when my friends and family who have children tell me "the grass is greener on the other side".
And then say it after every time the baby cries or something of that nature. With this look on their face like they know everything. :growlmad:
Jeez, enough. I get it. But the difference is my baby is gonna be planned and prepared for. I will want this baby before there even is one.

do u ever get the line, wait till u have kids! it's like they are threatening u like u don't know it will be hard work or ul regret it or something these people are our family they need to be supportive no making u feel like shit:growlmad: I see crying baby's all the time and go aww I want one . It makes me soooooooo Mad! :growlmad:

Yeah, or the "You can have mine if you want" line.
F**k off!

That was kind of rude and insensitive.

I agree!

My mom has told me this, my MIL, even my doctor!!!!! It is so annoying!

I went to my doctor the other week. They gave me a pg test and it was of course negative. I told my doctor that I had been TTC for 6 months, she said, "You have been TTC for 6 months and you still aren't pregnant!?", "Oh yeah, your pregnancy test was negative hahaha". She laughed. And then she said, "Oh you are still young so you have plenty of time". I wanted to punch her in the face.

OMG same thing is always said to me...My husbands cousin always tell me to relax and it will happen and I told her "I hate when you say that and if you have nothing supportive to say please dont say anything to me"....

do u ever get the line, wait till u have kids! it's like they are threatening u like u don't know it will be hard work or ul regret it or something these people are our family they need to be supportive no making u feel like shit:growlmad: I see crying baby's all the time and go aww I want one . It makes me soooooooo Mad! :growlmad:

I hear ya, sometimes in those instances it seems as though they wish they could go back, because I find the ones who say that are the same ones who got knocked up by accident and CONSTANTLY talk all the time about things they missed before they had their kids and tell you crap like "oh, your so lucky you don't have kids yet" :growlmad:

Uhhh, you are all so right!! I am so tired of hearing that. I know my mom and sis are just trying to be supportive when they say it, but i finally had to tell them to stop, that it was actually making me feel worse every time they said it because when AF shows up it's like "yup, not gonna happen." I've had 7 friends get pregnant in the past 3 months and they say it to me and I just want to scream! usually i just go home and cry though

Omg I used to hate it when people would tell me that too!! like ugh you don't know how hard ttc can be on a person

Ergh it's all horrible isn't it... We had a doctor falsely tell us we were pregnant, to find out two weeks later when I went back for something else that we never actually were, she just thought she saw a second line.
I get a lot of 'when it's meant to happen it will', 'give it time, you're too young' and 'whats the rush you only just got married' from my mum and dad. even hubby has taken to telling me to stop caring so much when I get a BFN coz its not the end of the world... Um hello! it will be your baby too, pull your head out of your butt!! yet the minute i say well lets take a break he flies off the handle :|
His sister is now nagging me every time I see her to give her a niece or nephew... It's draining. I'm considering telling everyone that knows we are TTC (which is only family) that we are putting it off and then leaving it at that til we can safely tell everyone we're expecting. I'd very much love to punch these people in the head :D

my favorite is your just trying too hard. how thee hell can u try too hard!!!!! u have sex u get knocked up(at last thats how it happens for most ppl.)how much "trying" am I doing?

I get the it will happen when it happens a lot from the husband... Which is rich coming from him considering my MIL somehow managed to brain wash her sons into thinking if they DTD once without protection it would result in pregnancy. Thankfully his learnt since then.

Unfortunately his brothers are still under that misconception so I get a lot of why aren't you pregnant yet looks and when are you having a baby even though we haven't told them we are TTC.

But I think the best is the MIL feeling around to check for a bump EVERY SINGLE TIME I see her... Great fun :roll:

Only half of our family knows that we are trying, i some days i wish they didnt. Every time we see my SIL she asks. My MIL hasnt caught on to us TTC, even though she was in the room when me and SIL were talking about it. I get the " it will happen when it is supposed too" and you're so young, why dont you give it a few years. Of course that last one comes from my sister who has never been married, has three kids, and only knows who one of the dads is. Call me crazy, but i just dont think she gets it. I get aggravated, because i am doing this the responsible way and its not working. Maybe if it dont work this time, me and DH will try out the back seat :sex: (TMI, sorry), as that was the way it happened back in high school.

I LOVE this thread! I have been wanting to hurt someone for quite a while now and seeing as though that would be socially unacceptable(whatever) it feels good to talk about doing it!!! And speaking of the "right" time, here's one for you... My 45 year old cousin who already has 2 kids and is done with the baby thing just found out she is preggo.... AND HER HUSBAND HAD A VASECTOMY!!!!!!! Though they will welcome the baby and be wonderful parents they are devastated right now. So seriously, here we are doing what we can to get pregnant and can't and they get preggo without trying and don't want to be... Fml.

I have just joined on here,and am looking for some positivity as I too am sick of hearing people say" it will happen when the time is right" aarrgghh! Positivity please!:wacko:

I get the it will happen when it happens a lot from the husband... Which is rich coming from him considering my MIL somehow managed to brain wash her sons into thinking if they DTD once without protection it would result in pregnancy. Thankfully his learnt since then.

Unfortunately his brothers are still under that misconception so I get a lot of why aren't you pregnant yet looks and when are you having a baby even though we haven't told them we are TTC.

But I think the best is the MIL feeling around to check for a bump EVERY SINGLE TIME I see her... Great fun :roll:

Um, I think we have long-lost twin MILs. :haha: When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday last year she said "A grandbaby." :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->