'Just relax, It'll happen' and other stupid things people say...

my favorite is your just trying too hard. how thee hell can u try too hard!!!!! u have sex u get knocked up(at last thats how it happens for most ppl.)how much "trying" am I doing?

Yeah, i've had that. How can you try too hard? All of you with your brilliant ideas and tips on how to get pregnant can just shuddup!

I'm giving up smoking - only 2 days in, but i'm hoping it will help me make a baby! I told my best friend who proceeded to tell me she doesnt think it helps you get pregnant because she smoked when she got pregnant with all of hers! Er yeah...thanks for that! You obviously have no problems getting pregnant- I do. And i will do anything to help myself! :growlmad:

I get the it will happen when it happens a lot from the husband... Which is rich coming from him considering my MIL somehow managed to brain wash her sons into thinking if they DTD once without protection it would result in pregnancy. Thankfully his learnt since then.

Unfortunately his brothers are still under that misconception so I get a lot of why aren't you pregnant yet looks and when are you having a baby even though we haven't told them we are TTC.

But I think the best is the MIL feeling around to check for a bump EVERY SINGLE TIME I see her... Great fun :roll:

Um, I think we have long-lost twin MILs. :haha: When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday last year she said "A grandbaby." :dohh:

:haha: Mine isn't exactly that blatant, oh who am I kidding she is ](*,) I can't even go around there for coffee without her asking if there's a special reason why I'm there....

I get the it will happen when it happens a lot from the husband... Which is rich coming from him considering my MIL somehow managed to brain wash her sons into thinking if they DTD once without protection it would result in pregnancy. Thankfully his learnt since then.

Unfortunately his brothers are still under that misconception so I get a lot of why aren't you pregnant yet looks and when are you having a baby even though we haven't told them we are TTC.

But I think the best is the MIL feeling around to check for a bump EVERY SINGLE TIME I see her... Great fun :roll:

Um, I think we have long-lost twin MILs. :haha: When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday last year she said "A grandbaby." :dohh:

:haha: Mine isn't exactly that blatant, oh who am I kidding she is ](*,) I can't even go around there for coffee without her asking if there's a special reason why I'm there....

That my SIL. Thank the Lord my MIL hasnt caught on the fact that we are trying and i just flat out refuse to tell her. But my SIL drives me crazy sometimes. But i have to remember that she really does understand because it took her years of trying to have her children.

my favorite is your just trying too hard. how thee hell can u try too hard!!!!! u have sex u get knocked up(at last thats how it happens for most ppl.)how much "trying" am I doing?

Yeah, i've had that. How can you try too hard? All of you with your brilliant ideas and tips on how to get pregnant can just shuddup!

I'm giving up smoking - only 2 days in, but i'm hoping it will help me make a baby! I told my best friend who proceeded to tell me she doesnt think it helps you get pregnant because she smoked when she got pregnant with all of hers! Er yeah...thanks for that! You obviously have no problems getting pregnant- I do. And i will do anything to help myself! :growlmad:

I just quit smoking too! I am only 4 days in. I am not quitting cold turkey though. I bought e-cigarettes, which are totally safe and environmentally friendly. They don't cause cancer and they are odorless. It really helps take the edge off.

Here is to hoping that quitting smoking gives us our BFP's!!!

I just quit smoking too! I am only 4 days in. I am not quitting cold turkey though. I bought e-cigarettes, which are totally safe and environmentally friendly. They don't cause cancer and they are odorless. It really helps take the edge off.

I tried for the first day to go cold turkey but couldnt cope! I borrowed an e-cig but i don't think it does much for me. I have now invested in nicorette gum which helps because everytime i chew one, the thought of smoking makes me feel sick! Day 3 nearly over and i'm feeling better already!

:dust::dust::dust: Millions of dusties to all of us!

I tried for the first day to go cold turkey but couldnt cope! I borrowed an e-cig but i don't think it does much for me. I have now invested in nicorette gum which helps because everytime i chew one, the thought of smoking makes me feel sick! Day 3 nearly over and i'm feeling better already!

There are different types of e-cigs. I have two different kinds. The re-chargeable one I have sucks. I got some disposable ones though that are awesome. It feels more like smoking a cigarette.

:dust:

There are different types of e-cigs. I have two different kinds. The re-chargeable one I have sucks. I got some disposable ones though that are awesome. It feels more like smoking a cigarette.

I quit smoking last April, and I used the nicotine patches to do it. It was nice to have that constant stream of nicotine to help with the urges when they happened! Just don't sleep with them on, whatever you do! Oh, and I started on the mid-level ones because I was just under a pack a day smoker.

Still smoke free! You can do it, girls!! :hugs:

Ive gotta say... THIS IS A AWESOME POST!!!
I could relate to so many things things that were said.

And I had a few laughs at how pathetic other people are as I read them.
Their lives must be so boring that they have to push their way into ours .

i havent been TTC for long but already sick of people say things like "what is ment to happen will happen" and "your time will come", "just relax" - all well and good but i want my time to come NOW!!!!

Everyone around me seems to be prgnant other than me and all they have to say is, oooo it happen so fast for us, 1st time round we got pregnant, well congrats to you but its not happening so fast for me!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->