Just the 20 weeks late in writing this!!!

Sugarmuppet

Reaction score
Over the last couple of days I have been allowing myself to think of Gaby's birth, haven't until now, wasn't the best birth ever but by no means the worst! Don't know why I havn't been able to talk about it, but here goes:-

Had a really crappy pregnancy, from August - December was house bound with hyperemisis. Was truely awful, thankfully it stopped and I got back to work just before Christmas. Back to working 60 hour weeks and not planning to stop until a week before my due date of 22nd March. All was going so well!

ANYWAY, on 26rd of Jan while lying in my bed I felt a wet sensation, woke my husband up telling him that my waters had gone. Didn't really believe they had, don't know what I though, but I have never seen him move so fast!! He phoned the hospital and they said to go in. (1am) Went in and they confirmed my waters had gone and they expected me to deliver within 48 hours. Was given a steroid injection and settled into ward. However had no pains and no further progression. Was finally allowed home on the 5th of Feb, with bed rest and an appointment for 8th Feb for checks. Spent the weekend getting ready incase baby did come soon (legs waxed, top of list, still leaking fluid, big mess on table!!!!!)

8th of Feb at appointment to check for infection etc my blood pressure was sky high. Admitted straight away and they got it under control with drugs.

9th Feb, blood pressure creeping up again, taken to be induced 10pm.

10th Feb, 3am finally feeling a wee bit pain. 5am, tried gas and air and was promptly sick! Never again! Battled through without pain relief until 6.30am when doctor suggested epidural as my BP was getting a bit high. Epidural failed! Gutted! And then it all goes a bit hazy! I start to feel a bit strange, loads and loads of docs appear. My blood pressure is now very high. Given medication through a drip and a line is attached to babies head to monitor heartbeat as it is dipping with contractions. Still no pain relief! :( Alarms go off and get told BP is dangerously high, risk of fits, stroke etc Get given something straight into line in arm, makes me so hot so quickly I am sure something is wrong and panic. Mean while my oxygen levels drop, and a mask is put on my face which I hated. Doctor makes a decision to get me to theatre to do a c section, under general as epidural didn't work. As we are about to set off I say I need to push! Everyone shouts 'NO!!' Midwife has a look and babies head is there. Told to wait until 'baby doctors' arrive. Feels like forever. Prob about 1 min!! The second the door opens and they burst in I start to push and 2 pushes later Gaby makes her enterance! All 4lb 8oz of her! No stitches for me!

Gaby cried straight away which was such a relief, OH even got to hold her for about 10 mins before she was taken to SCBU. I was kept in high dependancy for a couple of days before going up to a normal ward for another few days. Gaby made it home on day 15. :happydance:

Sorry that was a bit of an epic tale! Glad I have written it all down now, wasn't so bad really. Swore afterwards that I would never have another one, but am thinking about number 2 already!! :blush:

Attachments

• Gaby 10.02.2010(3).jpg
    Gaby 10.02.2010(3).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 14
That sounded scary! I would of been really worried! You were very brave! Congratulations hun she's gorgeous :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->