• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

just the two of us - my malaysian wedding journal :)

I bought a lovely white maxi dress from tk maxx, so it might be worth a look there, it was very floaty too so I wore it throughout the summer when I was pregnant, I paid a grand total of £16 for it :haha: I was worried every time I wore it looked too much like a wedding dress :haha:

That Topshop maxi is gorgeous!!!

jo you are so much better at searching than i am :laugh2: i have seen a couple of them, the river island one is the one i originally liked but didn't like on but the rest i hadn't seen :haha:

i didn't think to try TK maxx either! :D

I couldn't sleep the other night so got addicted to searching for maxi dresses for you :haha:

Monsoon has some nice dresses
https://uk.monsoon.co.uk/uk/wedding-boutique/wedding-dresses?pageSize=12&page=1&showAll=

thought I would do a quick update with just over two months to go :)

I got my dress, it's just a maxi dress but I love it! it actually looks quite bridal and it was only £48 :haha: I think there is plenty of room in it for a bump!

we're not having a party when we get home, which I'm now quite sad about even though I was getting cold feet about that part :haha: we might do something in april instead for my OH's 30th and to celebrate the new arrival and our marriage. just have to wait and see what happens though.

we decided not to get a professional photographer because it's just the two of us and we both hate getting our photos taken. I was spending way too much time worrying about the photographer part then I had an epiphany last week and realised we don't actually need to have one :lol: I'm so excited now I've struck that off my list and out of my worries, I think it's going to be much more relaxing and we bought a new camera as a treat for sacrificing the photographer.

not sure what else, I'm going to have to learn how to do my hair! I know what I want it like but haven't tried it yet, I'm lazy :haha:

my main worry now is how fat I'm going to be, fingers crossed the rest of me is still skinny and I just have a bump :haha:

I stayed fairly slim just with a bump, apart from the final month when I started to put it on around my face, but then I was eating everything in sight with third tri hunger :haha:

So glad you got your dress! Do you have a picture??

I've got crazy hunger already, that's what I'm worried about! hopefully I can be like you though and not get actually fat til later :haha:

I just checked and it's not on the website anymore, the pic on the website didn't do it any justice anyway. it's from red herring and is just kinda white/cream (not sure which) with details on it! feel so cheap getting a £48 wedding dress :rofl: but it's not a proper wedding so I would look a bit daft in a real dress!

:wave: Stalking!

I love the fact your having such a private wedding, that is literally my dream!
Your venue is to die for, how beautiful is that place? Wow! :cloud9:

Everything sounds like its going great, look forward to seeing you get closer to the big day :) good luck!

aw thanks for stalking amy! :kiss: i am having some mild doubts about it being so private now, i'm worried i might regret not having a hen night or a big party or anything :wacko: i think i would be a bit freaked out by a big wedding but now i'm thinking maybe we should have done that instead though it would take years for us to save up. i do really want to be married before the baby comes though so i'm glad we're doing it, and i think it'll be romantic but still, the grass is always greener :haha:

are you getting married?

i got a handmade vintage style garter made and it arrived in the post this morning, it's absolutely gorgeous :cloud9:

hope we get a free bottle of champagne from the place we're staying and there's room in one of our rucksacks for it :haha: last night we went to get food shopping and i had to carry my small, normal sized rucksack back with some shopping in it and it was sore! my bump hurt. i'm thinking i might actually be insane to be going backpacking around malaysia at 23-26 weeks pregnant :wacko:

I'd love to get married! We just can't really afford it ATM and I think some of OHs family would take offence to not being invited :dohh: just for the drama!

Why not, in a couple of years, renew your vows with everybody around - your LO can be a part of it then too!

Would love to see a picture of your garter! Btw I think your crazy going back packing pregnant.. Rather you than me :haha:

i definitely wouldn't have planned to do it while pregnant, i really didn't think i would ever get pregnant without IVF so was quite confident that i would NOT be pregnant for going on holiday :haha: the thought never even crossed my mind actually, that's probably what got me pregnant :laugh2: my OH is going to put all the heavy stuff in his backpack and i'll just carry light things, and we've planned where we're going to go a bit more than we had originally intended to so it should be ok i think! :)

the garter is on this page - https://trulyido.weebly.com/garters.html and it's the beaded triple lace garter with vintage style pearly brooch. i'm in work so can't take a picture of my own :haha:

that's a good idea, i might do it for our one year anniversary :haha: yeah weddings seem to inspire loads of family dramas!

thanks km :) it's even nicer in real life! i don't dare to try it on again now in case my thighs are too fat for it already :rofl:

this time in three weeks i'll be married :shock: :happydance: :yipee:

Not long at all :cloud9: I hope your big day is perfect! X

Oh my gosh, that's really flown in. You must be so excited x

Wow that has gone so quickly! Do you have anything left to do? So exciting :)

I'm really excited but feeling anxious as well :wacko: I don't have a clue what to do with my hair and I'm worried about looking fat instead of pregnant in my dress :( I'm so glad we're not getting proper pictures done but worried I'll regret it.

we both still have to get haircuts and we have to get some sort of shoes for my OH to wear but think that's it :)

I just want to be on holiday by teleportation right now so I can stop going over everything that might go wrong in my head :haha: to be fair though a lot of my worries are holiday/pregnancy/leaving my cat for 3 weeks :)cry:) related and not wedding related.

I can't imagine how stressed you all must be with organising a real wedding! I'm having the smallest wedding ever and still have worries :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->