Just told the family the big news!!

BaByTyMe01

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Is anyone else going through the same thing? I just broke the news to the family and every one thankfully is very excited. My boyfriend and his family are very thrilled and can't wait for our new bundle of joy and are already even offering help and want to buy us stuff lol. Wow! My aunt was very happy, and my parents are welcoming as well just more in a reserved omg my baby's having a baby kinda way. Has anyone else just broke the news to your family? How'd it go?

Congratulations! It must be lovely sharing the news with family. We've not told anyone yet but will do as soon as we've had our 12 week scan!

Congratulations, that is so exciting! We told immediate family almost right away and they were so excited. Especially my mom since it will be her first grand baby. Its an exciting time and always fun to share with people you love!

We told our children and parents over the weekend, so now everyone knows. Wasnt the plan at all but like they say if you want to keep a secret keep it to yourself.
We've had mixed responses at the moment.

We told our families right away, we were just so surprised it happened the month that it did. Everyone knew we were TTC so everyone was really happy for us :)

Congrats :) always lovely when your family are excited too x

Yes yes, very exciting!! Good luck to all of you! Any mixed emotions, I'm here to talk if you need me!
Well, today is my first doc appointment... I'm excited but I know it's supposed to be the longest one, and a bunch of paper work.... Blah. Lol oh well, at least I'll "officially be pregnant" lol
I'll keep you all posted. :)

Well we told my OH family then went to visit mine to break the good news and my mother was like OMG im to young to be a nan lol but everyone was happy, but i couldnt tell y grandparents they are very old fashioned and the way they reacted to my mother and father when they were having me was shocking so i was really nervous, and i told my nan via a txt message so she couldnt give me the whole im dissapointed in you look but she was fine with me. When she told my grampa after they came back from holidays he was a bit quiet at first but now he is over then moon. I cant believe how they are reacting, but this will be their first great grand child, but i was soo nervous about telling them and then they react like that lol

Have told close family, but am waiting till after my scan next week to announce it properly. am only just back at work after maternity with my 1st so I'm scared work will find out before I tell them so havve been keeping it more hush hush this time round

We're telling my grandma tomorrow after the scan; I can't wait for her reaction!

I have only told my bff's & my MIL. Bad idea on the MIL. We were supposedly done so this has come as a surprise (guessing not so good after MIL's reaction) so we are not telling anyone else until we can come up with a plan for childcare. my parents & his parents are our childcare so this makes for a sticky situation. they all thought they were done watching our kids so I am not sure what to do. I am trying not to stress but it is very hard. I am a worrie wart to begin with.

That's great sharing your news-it is exciting! We haven't told anyone yet but I'm going for a private scan tomorrow so we think we will tell close family afterwards. I still feel a bit unsure about telling everyone but will just wait and see how we feel tomorrow and go with that!

We have told my boyfriend's parent's and 2 sisters but no one else. Telling my parent's tomorrow. I have never been so petrified in my life and i'm 25 lol.

We have told my boyfriend's parent's and 2 sisters but no one else. Telling my parent's tomorrow. I have never been so petrified in my life and i'm 25 lol.

I know the feeling lol im 21 about to be 22 next month, and my parents are more old school so I didnt know what they were going to think! It turned out ok though. I'm glad thats over with though lol. On the other hand, everything with his family was instant happiness! GOOD LUCK!!:flower:

My mom flew off the chair screaming when I told her about our first, her first grandbaby and dad kind of went white haha. I have a feeling it might be the same this time since mom loves babies and dad's overprotective and doesn't feel DH does his job right. But they are both very supportive in the end. Mom knows we were trying anyways. I'm trying to wait because my sister was trying as well and I want to give her a bit more time so she doesn't get discouraged :-( They just bought a house though so hopefully that will be enough to distract her and take the pressure off.
She's only 22 so they were expecting it to happen quickly.

Hi, I rang my mum yesterday on the phone and she was soo happy !! :happydance:. She was the only one who knew we were TTC so that wasn't out of the blue.

OH told his dad on the phone as well just an hour ago and that was funny he didn't speak for a minute we thought he fainted !:haha: We also thought about sending him a grandad father day card to suprise him but OH wanted to tell .

Going the rest of his family tomorow, can't wait to see the face of his mum ! His dad sugested that we get a pair of baby shoes and leave it on her coffee table.

I know it is a bit early but it is only close family. They promised not too tell anybody else until we are ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->