Just took a nice spill on the ice... :(

Ashley8806

Reaction score
I was trying to move the garbage can so I could get into the driveway... it's snowing out here pretty good and ice underneath and I slipped and fell right on my butt and back. It was a pretty hard fall, feeling it in my hip and back... but being this early little one should be ok right? I've been crampy the last couple days anyway so trying to watch for new cramps but just kinda worried :(

You can never be100% but i slipped on the ice and fell hard on my butt at 7-8 weeks with dd and had no issues, always call if u are worried though

I would call just with it being a holiday they are closed it would go to emergency and be a big deal... also the hospital is 40 min away so driving in this could be dangerous too. Crappy day here :(

back is really flaring up... not much in belly though... ugh I wish there were at home ultrasound machines!

Are there any medical people you can call? I am in Canada and the government has a number we can call with health questions, there is apparently a program called mother risk that can answer pregnancy related concerns. I don't have info on them unfortunately.

Thank you... we have one but it's like an "emergency" # where they punch stuff in the computer and it decides if you have to be seen or not...and usually no matter what they say to come in and be seen. Which yes, I would like the reassurance, but like I said it's about a 40 min drive and it's dangerous driving right now b/c of road conditions. I guess I'll just see how I feel here, if I get cramping worse should I call, otherwise assume all is ok?

Sorry you fell…what a bummer. It's super icy/snowy where I live to and will be until March or April so I'm nervous about falling too.

Just wanted to say I have NOT fallen but have been crampy off and on since 4 weeks and was told by a triage nurse that I called when I was spotting that it's completely normal. If the cramps feel more than normal, then I'd go in. Good luck and stay safe!

Thanks hun :flower: Where are you from? It will be cruddy here till March or so also. We did have a random snow storm in May this year also.

Hi, sorry you had a fall. I'm sure you'll be ok. Baby is very well protected at mo inside your pelvis so unless you had severe pelvic trauma, I wouldn't be too alarmed. Perhaps rest up for a day or so and speak to your medical team when they re open. I know it's easy to reassure and you will worry, but I think you'll be fine x

I took a hard tumble at 8 weeks and fell on my back/bum/hip like you. I had a scan the next day because I was worried (no bleeding and no extra cramping though) and all was fine. I really did go down like a sack of potatoes from a height too, so I was worried like you are.

I'm sure baby is fine, as the others have said, they are really well protected still. And if you have no extra cramping or bleeding, then the advice is usually not to worry.

X

Thanks hun, glad you were ok. It would be nice to have an ultrasound and see everything is good, but I doubt they'd do one

Oh no! Poor you, I'm sorry you fell and got hurt. I see your predicament. Maybe wait till tomorrow and give your regular doctor a call if they're open? And just watch for cramps and spotting in the mean time. I'm sure you're fine, but it's better to be safe than sorry. The baby is still so tiny and very safely nestled in to your uterus, which is safely tucked away. I think it would take something catastrophic (like a car crash) to cause a problem, but it's always worth getting checked out if you're worried.

x

Thank you, it's so hard not to worry when it comes to your little ones :(

ugh getting more crampy and back hurting worse... :( Cramps aren't unbearable but definitely noticeable. And DH is being an ass. I'm just sitting here crying, need to pack everything for daycare tomorrow and I have a long day of work.... just a horrible night.

Cramping & bleeding will be lessened when you lie down. I hope you feel better soon. Please invest in some yack trax & stay safe this winter!!

If if makes you feel better, I fell at 39 weeks on my stomach with #1 and the doc wasn't worried at all. She said bodies are designed to protect the baby!! Hope you feel better soon. It's so scary!

So sorry I know it's scary. First tri falls the baby is so well protected and small down in your pelvis that it shouldn't hurt a thing. I fell at 13 weeks, a good fall that left me quite bruised from the ice. Agree with pp that both of us should invest in some yak tracks or something similar!

Anyway, I was scared but could not have an u/s but it's turned out fine! I'm sure it will for you, too! Still such a scary time :hugs:

Thanks everyone.... kinda want to call but feel like they'll just say to rest. So I guess that's what I'll try to do

Thanks hun :flower: Where are you from? It will be cruddy here till March or so also. We did have a random snow storm in May this year also.

Wisconsin…you must be close. We had the snow storm in May, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->