Just went off the pill... questions.... Help!

Raven86

Reaction score
I just went off the pill about a week ago after being on it for about 7 years. Yesterday I started to get some heavy cramping and it seems like AF is making an appearance... is this normal?
Also, I'm sure it's different for everyone, but typically how soon after going off of the pill can you conceive?

That happened me when i first came of the pill to have my son. I started AF about a week later. I also got pregnant on my first cycle so it really does depend.

Well that's good to know! :) Thanks for sharing that! I was a little worried but I guess it makes sense when you go off the pill.

Thanks again!

Yea its just your body regulating itself and getting back to normal.

This is my first month off the pill as well. I had a lot more cramping this month around time for me to OV. Still have about another week to see what happens when (if) AF comes!

Sounds like you are getting your last withdrawal bleed Raven86 - you should get your first 'normal' AF within 4-6 weeks, though it can take a while longer for some. Unless you get pg first cycle, of course. :haha:

Sounds like you are getting your last withdrawal bleed Raven86 - you should get your first 'normal' AF within 4-6 weeks, though it can take a while longer for some. Unless you get pg first cycle, of course. :haha:

Yep I was about to say this! My withdrawal bleed dragged on a bit longer than normal, probably as there were no pill hormones to cut it short, then it took a few months for me to get my real period but I appear to be getting more regular.

x

Yeah, I had the same thing. Heavier cramping and whatnot. :\

i came off the pill one year ago, and since i stopped at the end of pack my first bleed was right away (withdraw bleed) but then the second came exactly 28 days later and was a bit heavier. i think it was my body readjusting. i also took vitex to regulate my cycles and it seemed to help, one year later and my cycles are 28-30 days.

I conceived our 1st baby after stopping the pill for 6 weeks. I had taken it for over 13 years so was convinced it would take forever to get regular cycles but I was very lucky it seems. This time around I have not been on any contraception and nothing has happened for over 3 mths

I just went off the pill about a week ago after being on it for about 7 years. Yesterday I started to get some heavy cramping and it seems like AF is making an appearance... is this normal?
Also, I'm sure it's different for everyone, but typically how soon after going off of the pill can you conceive?

same thing happened to me, got a big AF right away (followed by wacky cycles). it's safe to start right away but often takes a few months, even up to a year! (but lets hope not)

best of luck to you!

when i came off my pill i had a 8 day bleed which was 4 days longer than normal and then i conceived my little one about 2 weeks later was surprised by how quickly i conceived as i expected it to take a few months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->