Just when I thought we had settled, family shot it down :(

This decision should remain between you and your husband. Hope is a lovely name! Whatever you decide will be the perfect name! It is your baby afterall! <3

I agree that meanings behind names are nice to have.

Sienna Kate is very pretty and flows perfectly (and pure is a nice word too) but Sienna Hope has such a beautiful meaning too that I understand you don't want to give up (and shouldn't if its just to please other people.) Just a question... I know it must have been scary to think your baby might have downs and you were very worried/stressed at the time. Is there any chance that choosing Hope might bring back those memories every time you hear it? There might come a day when she will ask you why you picked Hope and will having to explain it to her make you sad because it was a stressful time?

I'm NOT saying choosing Hope is a bad idea or telling you thats the way to think. I just thought maybe that was something to consider in case you didnt want that memory. If you want to forget there was ever a risk and move on, then maybe Kate is a better option. But if you really want to commemorate that time of your pregnancy and the fact that all turned out fine, then Hope is a great idea :)

You can't go wrong either way. They are both beautiful names :flower:
Let us know what you decide!

Those weeks were without a doubt the worst of my life. My world as I knew it came crashing down around me with a single phone call from that doctor- "I am very sorry but your baby has a very high chance of having down syndrome". I cant even describe everything what went through my mind, the absolute heartbreak at the thought of the possible physical/emotional/social challenges my baby would be faced with. But now when I think about it I dont feel any sadness- i just feel incredibly thankful to have been blessed with another healthy baby. And its a feeling I never want to forget.

Actually just typing that out makes me really want to keep Hope! I still have to think about it a little but as pretty as Kate sounds at the moment I dont feel any attachment to it.

Will update when we have made the final decision!

Sienna Hope is lovely! Don't let them put you off imo x.

How rude!!!!

I wouldn't change it for someone else. Hope is a beautiful name and it clearly has meaning to you. If you love it, use it!

If you did want to change, some suggestions:

Sienna Gwen (Fair, Blessed)
Sienna Anne (God had favoured me)
Sienna Jane (God has given)
Sienna Bea (Bringer of happiness)
Sienna Thea (God's gift)
Sienna Aida (Gift)

How rude!!!!

I wouldn't change it for someone else. Hope is a beautiful name and it clearly has meaning to you. If you love it, use it!

Sienna Thea (God's gift)
Sienna Aida (Gift)

Sienna Anne is another good one! My mil's middle name is Anne and she has been giving some not-so-subtle hints she would love the baby to have this name. I didnt know the meaning though...Will run it past the dh!

I agree that meanings behind names are nice to have.

Sienna Kate is very pretty and flows perfectly (and pure is a nice word too) but Sienna Hope has such a beautiful meaning too that I understand you don't want to give up (and shouldn't if its just to please other people.) Just a question... I know it must have been scary to think your baby might have downs and you were very worried/stressed at the time. Is there any chance that choosing Hope might bring back those memories every time you hear it? There might come a day when she will ask you why you picked Hope and will having to explain it to her make you sad because it was a stressful time?

I'm NOT saying choosing Hope is a bad idea or telling you thats the way to think. I just thought maybe that was something to consider in case you didnt want that memory. If you want to forget there was ever a risk and move on, then maybe Kate is a better option. But if you really want to commemorate that time of your pregnancy and the fact that all turned out fine, then Hope is a great idea :)

You can't go wrong either way. They are both beautiful names :flower:
Let us know what you decide!

Those weeks were without a doubt the worst of my life. My world as I knew it came crashing down around me with a single phone call from that doctor- "I am very sorry but your baby has a very high chance of having down syndrome". I cant even describe everything what went through my mind, the absolute heartbreak at the thought of the possible physical/emotional/social challenges my baby would be faced with. But now when I think about it I dont feel any sadness- i just feel incredibly thankful to have been blessed with another healthy baby. And its a feeling I never want to forget.

Actually just typing that out makes me really want to keep Hope! I still have to think about it a little but as pretty as Kate sounds at the moment I dont feel any attachment to it.

Will update when we have made the final decision!

What a beautiful story and meaning :flower:
No one can tell you what to do, but based on everything you've said, I think you'll regret not choosing Hope. I think having a connection to the name is important. Sienna Hope is so pretty too. If you do decide against it, make sure its for the right reasons (not based on what other people think! ;) )

I love Sienna Hope! Don't let your family get you down. My mom, brother and sister HATE our boy name. Like, the first name. I don't care. It's our baby. But they are also Italian and VERY opinionated.

My niece is Sienna Hart (pronounced "Heart") and I love how it flows! I like the other suggestions as well!

How rude!!!!

Sienna Thea (God's gift)
Sienna Aida (Gift)

Sienna Anne is another good one! My mil's middle name is Anne and she has been giving some not-so-subtle hints she would love the baby to have this name. I didnt know the meaning though...Will run it past the dh!

And Sienna has Anne on the end of it backwards.

I hadnt noticed that either! Thats brilliant actually, we can tell mil we picked it in her honour haha!

Hope is a perfectly wonderful middle name. Do what YOU want to do :thumbup:

My dd1 has Grace as a middle name. Dd2 has Hope as a middle name.

Go with what you both want. I love it, obv!

My dd1 has Grace as a middle name. Dd2 has Hope as a middle name.

Go with what you both want. I love it, obv!

It does make a cute sibset, doesnt it?:cloud9:

I am 99% sure we are sticking with Hope, but when my family ask I'll say we are still deciding or they will go on and on about it and put me off again!

My dh has decided we wont tell his side of the family what the name is. But yesterday he told them the name has "Anne" in it and his mum is delighted! I am pretty sure she will never find the Anne in Sienna :haha:

Haha it will prob still be confusing her when Sienna is 12 :rofl:

It does make a nice set! On of our reasons for using Hope was because all the way through pregnancy and delivery we had to hope for no repeats of the complications of my first. Luckily it all went well :thumbup:

This is the exact reason why we are keeping our baby's name under wraps until she makes her appearance.

I wouldn't change it. Its the name you guys chose for a reason....they will adjust and learn to accept it. Besides, it's a middle name, how often are you guys actually going to say her full name to people?

I happen to think that Sienna Hope is beautiful, and like I said above, I wouldn't change it for anyone. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->