Just wondering (3 meals)

S

Serene123

How old would you say 3 meals is alright? Caitlyn has had 3 meals from 22 weeks (almost 5 and half months.) She was having small tastes of foods from 4 months (and I mean a spoonfull) and then at 5 months she started having meals set. She very quickly was up to 3 meals. They are SMALL meals, very rarely more than 1/2 a jar, usually less. I mean SMALL and she loves them. They've not made a difference to her milk routine or anything.

Just wondering..

I think they say 3 full meals at 6 months because theres more diff foods to offer , as when you first start weaning its only 1 type of food per 3 days then once they get older they can pretty much handle diff foods mixed together which are called "meals" like i just started max on a breakfast one which is "oatmeal, fruit and eggs" lunch is "ham & pineapple" and supper is beef & spagettie..

Also the fact that there tummies are much larger now so they may need a lil more food to fill em up ..

Wouldn't it all depend on when you start feeding your LO? If you started earlier than 6months surely they would have 3meals earlier on than when you wean a 6month old?

I might be talking s***?? xx

I agree with all the posts before mine. It just really depends on how your little girl is eating. Valerie has 3 meals a day plus her milk and she's been like that since 5 months. I say if your LO is having 3 meals a day, is still taking her milk, and is happy/healthy..then go with it! :)

I followed the Hipp weaning chart & it says once you start weaning, you can start baby on 3 meals a day, 4 weeks after you start weaning. So obviously the earlier you start, the sooner they will be on 3 meals a day. You then go on to up the amount of food per meal, or maybe give a meal & then a yogurt for example.

I think it's ok for caitlyn to be having 3 meals a day now, she's almost 6 months anyway, she obviously enjoys it and her body is coping with it. You just go with what caitlyn wants.

Ruby's almost ready to go onto 3, she's been on 2 for a couple of weeks now.

summer was on 3 meals a day at 6months, i did it really slowly like you from about 4 months so id say if she wants it then let her have it espec since she is still having a gd mlk intake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->