Just wondering How long was your ESTABLISHED labour???

6 hours established labour; 11 hours total. I don't think I would have accepted being in EL for as long as you were; especially considering you have a medical condition :wacko:

I'm not sure why the definition of established labour is?

But my active labour (4cm-10cm) was 1 hour, and second stage (pushing) was 30 mins

From when I got induced and contractions started to when I gave birth I was in hospital and in labour for 5 days but the 'established labour' was 17 hours.

I think about 6 hrs with Emma.....55 minutes with Katie!

actual labour from my waters breaking on their own: 20 hrs

established labour: 4hrs

30 hours of established labour with contractions at 2 minutes apart the whole time

From first contraction to giving birth..... 51 hours!!!

Established labour 17 1/2 hours x

shoot me .... 20 minutes :D

20 mins?? What did you do, sneeze him out? :haha:

:rofl: practically. i was 9 cm when they broke my water and hadn't felt a single contraction .. they told me to push, i pushed once .. pushed a second time and heard the dr say "great, just one more shoulder!" .. pushed again and he was born!

kept hearing nurses muddering to themselves "damn girl is lucky she didn't have a surprise home birth"

ETA: they wern't going to break my water at first, because i was 22 days early, but at 9 cm decided what the hell, right? .. also, this all decided to happen literally 5 minutes afte OH left for work. I called his work and his boss answered and i was screaming GET MY F**KING BOYFRIEND TO THE HOSPITAL NOWWWWWWW

:rofl: practically. i was 9 cm when they broke my water and hadn't felt a single contraction .. they told me to push, i pushed once .. pushed a second time and heard the dr say "great, just one more shoulder!" .. pushed again and he was born!

kept hearing nurses muddering to themselves "damn girl is lucky she didn't have a surprise home birth"

ETA: they wern't going to break my water at first, because i was 22 days early, but at 9 cm decided what the hell, right? .. also, this all decided to happen literally 5 minutes afte OH left for work. I called his work and his boss answered and i was screaming GET MY F**KING BOYFRIEND TO THE HOSPITAL NOWWWWWWW

And you didnt even feel it.....damn! :) Well not sure I can beat that but I did have the twins naturally in 3 hours established labour. They were 4 mins apart and twin 2 pretty much slipped out with one push. BUT i DID feel it! lol x

And you didnt even feel it.....damn! :) Well not sure I can beat that but I did have the twins naturally in 3 hours established labour. They were 4 mins apart and twin 2 pretty much slipped out with one push. BUT i DID feel it! lol x

that's still pretty lucky .. most people wish for labours like that! i was just a freak of nature or something :haha:

Whats estabilished labour? 4cm's?

I was 4cm at a sweep 3pm thursday and had LO 9pm friday. 30hours?

Established labour is from when you are 4cm dilated with regular strong contractions to the birth of the baby. Any time before this 4cm is known as the latent phase.

So they left you over 60 hours from being 4 cm to the birth of your baby???? The latent phase can last a couple of days but established labour definitely should not.

Google tells me established labour is 3-8/9cm. For me I believe that was around 12 hours. 0-2cm (induced) was 10pm-8am,then 8am-8pm until 8/9cm, then he was born the next day after midnight (over 4 hours of pushing)

I cannot believe they would leave you in established labour so long, that's scary. Mine was 12 hours and it caused complications and I was healthy with no medical problems

I was 4th at 6am, Daisy was born at 00.24.. So 18 hours. That was being induced though.

Aliss I can't believe they let you push for 4 hours! In my hospital they have a 1 hour before assistance rule.

Aliss I can't believe they let you push for 4 hours! In my hospital they have a 1 hour before assistance rule.

Yes it was a very botched job, I should have had a C-section. Apparently they started to prep me for a C-section when Alex got stuck. I sort of zoned most of it out.... :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->