Kahlyer (collier) or Kuinlynn (quinlynn) for a girl

ttcpostvr

Reaction score
We are struggling to decide between these 2 names for our little girl due in about 10 weeks. Our 14 month old.daughter's name is Kizely. (With a long i sound).

Which of these 2 do you prefer? Also, any other suggestions for unique k names?

Im sorry but they both look a bit ridiculous to be honest...

I would never guess those pronunciations in a million years they, I would pronounce them:

Kal-year (although at first glance I thought Ky-lar)
and
Coon-lin

What about going for something like Kyler/Kylar?

p.s how do you say Kizely?

is it:

Kizz-lee
or
Kiz-e-lee
or
Kye-zlee

Sorry I agree with JJKCB, they both just look made up? That might be my ignorance of course and apologies if it is, but both seem weird!

I'm sorry but those names look like they're given by a primary school drop-out who doesn't know how to spell.

Also, I just don't understand what's so cool about giving your child a name that will always be misspelled?

I wouldn't have known how to pronounce the first. Totally up to you but the spellings are a bit confusing.

At first I was quite offended by some of the rude comments made. Not my style. Then I realized you are all from the uk. Making pronunciation likely quite different there compared to in the USA.

im curious and look forward to seeing some American responses as we English are just rude and dont know how to spell or talk obviously :winkwink:

I assume these must be common spellings in America then? (the reason you include the correct spelling)

I also commented with another suggestion like asked, your welcome

I definitely wouldn't have pronounced Kahlyer as Collier, Ca-lee-er was how I read it. I can see how Kuinlynn is pronounced how u intend it to, but would maybe be more inclined to spell it with the Q. I think the Kyler suggestion is nice too x

Those spellings are horrible!

I love Quinn on a girl and Collier is cute. But please for the love of God spell them right or find real K names! I personally think the sib set with the same letter trend is kind of lame but that is just me.

:flower: I'm sorry ppl are being so blunt about your name choices, and hurting your feelings. I've seen some awful names on here - and normally ppl are a little more kind when giving their opinions. I'm guessing ppl are just really surprised at how "unique" these spellings are.

First of all - Kizely is a gorgeous name! I love it! (I'm assuming it's pronounced Kyz-lee.)

I also love Quinlynn (or just Quinn) - very pretty! :thumbup:

I think Kahlyer is too "out there" and way too difficult to pronounce. And in my opinion, Kuinlynn just doesn't "look" like a pretty spelling.

Some other K name suggestions:

Kori
Kylar
Kayliana
Kiara
Karsyn
Korrine
Kaleah (kuh-lee-uh)
Katrina
Karina
Karoline
Kaiya
Karissa
Kelsey
Kassandra
Krystal
Kamdyn
Kamia
Kaelynn
Krista
Kella
Kalista (means "most beautiful")
Kallalily
Kristabelle
Kendall
Kennedy (I love the quirky spelling "Kenadee" - maybe you do too!)

Sorry, in the US and have to agree with the rest....all I could think is the poor kid in kindergarten trying to learn to write their own name?

Granted, I don't think some people had to be as harsh about it, but you did ask for opinions, doll.

Your kid, your choice :)

I'm from the US and I'm sorry but I have to agree, those spellings are horribly tacky and I feel bad for any child that has to spell those out every time she's asked her name, and it's probably going to get mispronounced 99% of the time.

I just don't see the point. Collier or Quinlynn (love Quinn) are nice names.. changing the spelling just makes it more confusing for everyone and IMO, the spellings don't look pretty at all.

From the us here too and I'm sorry but I hate them :( the first I wouldn't know hours to pronounce. The second I would guess correctly, however the spelling is terrible. I don't mind unique names, but I don't like names that are spelled different just to be different. I would encourage you to use a name that is more easily read. I like your older daughter's name.
what about
Kadance
Kealynn
Kenya
Kea
Kaleesi
Kalea

I'm from the US, and the spellings still look strange to me. Not to be offensive at all, but I am just not a fan, and I certainly would never know to spell them that way. But I voted for Kuinlynn. It sounds much better to me.

The names look a little off, spelling wise, but sound nice to me. I do agree with the others though; use a more common spelling of Quinn, or maybe find some other names if you want to keep the 'K' trend. :)

Kynlee
Kaira (Ky-ruh)
Keira
Kyson
Keegan
Kyran
Kyah

Just some suggestions :)

A collier is another name for a miner...I'm not keen on this as a girl's name at all, regardless of spelling. For a boy, at a stretch, maybe. I've never heard it as a first name over here. Kuinlynn is too out there for me personally, but then I'm a pretty traditional UK-er. Quinn, I can see. That's pretty. I've always liked Kara/Cara for a girl, but perhaps that's too mainstream for what you're after?

I'm from the US as well. To put it gently, I am not a fan of these names. I suspect you will face constant speliing/pronunciation/judgment issues.

Is there not already a poll and discussion on these names? Quinn Lynne is nice.

Kizely (I'd pronounce this as Kye-zlee, hope I'm right!) is a gorgeously unique name, and I like the idea of wanting another unique K name to go with your LO.

Kahlyer I would pronounce as Kah-lee-er, so Collier makes sense. I personally don't care for this name in particular, but see nothing wrong with it as spelling is pretty straightforward and how it is said. I also really like the looks of this. Other options could be:
Kahlier, Slightly different Kallier (Kalli-err) sounds MUCH better IMO, and she could have nn Kallie. Kallie and Kizely sound really nice together.

Kuinlynn just doesn't work, if you as me. Quinlynn is one thing (still not a fan, honestly), but imagine her being nn Kuin. It looks very odd to me, and I absolutely LOVE "weird" spellings.

Other options:
Kenlynn (ken-lynn)
Kienna (key-enna)
Korhi (kor-ee)
Koralynn (Cora-lynn)
Kiora (key-or-uh)
Kenna (Ken-nuh)
Keelie (Keel-ee)

(I'm also from the USA)

To be completely honest, I never would have guessed those pronunciations for those spellings. Also, as an adult who has a unique (though not as unique as your choices) name both in terms of spelling and pronunciation (ironically also a K name) I can tell you that it was no picnic growing up and can still be a downright pain in the ass sometimes when I have to spell and pronounce it for people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->