Kahlyer (collier) or Kuinlynn (quinlynn) for a girl

Kizely is pretty. :) I'm from the US, and don't like unique spellings, although I do like siblings to share the first letter of their name. :)

I think Kemper is really cute with Kizely! :)

I love Quinn as a name and I also like Keltie, Kadance, Kelsie, or Kenzie. I wouldn't dare give my child something too difficult to pronounce or spell, I remember those kids in class always getting laughed at when the teacher buggered the heck out of their name. Not worth those sorts of memories.

What about "Kimya" there's a really cool American singer called Kimya Dawson who did the Juno soundtrack.

I'm in Canada, and I have to agree with the original respondents, UK or not. The spellings, to me, are horrifying and look like how my 5 year old would phonetically spell it if he was asked.

I love your daughter's name, and hun, there is NOTHING wrong with a "correct" or "proper" spelling when the sound is the same as your daughter's. Kizely and Quinlynn are gorgeous sibsets.

I love that you are looking for a unique name, but I'd stick to more traditional spellings. As someone who has a last name that is unpronounceable to most people (even though it seems obvious to me), I can tell you that correcting people gets really old. I can't imagine how maddening it would be if my first name gave people problems!

Of the two, I'd choose Kuinlynn, but I think your daughter would thank you if you spelled it with a 'Q.' It's still unique, and sounds good phonetically with your other daughter's name, but imo is nicer because it is less matchy. But just my opinion. Sorry, I hope I haven't offended you, I know names are hard!

Im sorry but they both look a bit ridiculous to be honest...

I would never guess those pronunciations in a million years they, I would pronounce them:

Kal-year (although at first glance I thought Ky-lar)
and
Coon-lin

What about going for something like Kyler/Kylar?

p.s how do you say Kizely?

is it:

Kizz-lee
or
Kiz-e-lee
or
Kye-zlee

Sorry I agree with this... I would have never guessed your pronunciation from those spellings either.

Call me Katie Hopkins, but I always find badly spelt names make me think "Chav".

ETA: I'm sure my subtle British humor, along with the use of the word Chav and mentioning Katie Hopkins will be lost on the OP. Katie Hopkins is a person who is famous for nothing other than being famous and overly opinionated. During the autumn she was featured on a daytime chat show saying she could tell a child's social class by their name and would allow or disallow her children to befriend children based on this.

This is a Chav
images

And this is Katie Hopkins.
https://i.huffpost.com/gen/1436783/thumbs/o-KATIE-HOPKINS-THIS-MORNING-FAT-CHILDREN-570.jpg?6

Hope this makes my post more clear.

I'm American and I have to say the spellings of your names are strange and confusing. I don't think it's fair to assume the ladies on here don't "get it" because they're British...

I like Kizely though

With an uncommon name myself (Kyla) I know it was very hard growing up with people always mispronouncing my name (mostly Kayla). I HATED my name for the longest time. It was only when I was in my 20s that I just accepted it and realized people are going to mess it up. So coming from someone with an uncommon name, go for a spelling people will be able to pronounce.

I prefer the spellings in the brackets. I find deliberately misspelled/daft spellings horrible.

But.
Quinlynn and Collier would be nice. At least you're not subjectig the kid to a lifetime of mispronunciation and re spelling over and over

I'm not too keen on the spelling but I love Kuinlynn. Although imo, if you and DH like the spelling then that's all that matters x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->