Katieeeee's embarrassing attempt at a weightloss journal...

I totally agree with Sarah, it's a really hard time to start. With it being cold as well we all tend to ear heavier meals and you won't be going out as much so not as much exercise and less to distract you and we all know boredom = foooooood!

Just keep tracking what you eat for now (good or bad) when you've got a clear picture of what you eat it can help to spurr you on as well. I was gutted when I saw just how much I pig on in a day (she says with toast and thick lashings of chocolate spread beside her!)

Haha! I've got honey Readybrek (no extra helpings, I went with the instructions on the pack :D) with banana in it and a cup of tea....I didn't put chocolate spread in my Readybrek today :thumbup:

I think the water idea might be successful though...it'll also flush me out a bit and maybe get rid of a bit of bloatedness....it'll at least make my skin look nicer....right now it looks awful :( I look a mess compared to how "glowing" I was when I was pregnant.

I'm gonna get a completely new hair cut after new year as well. This mop hanging off my head is making me feel awful. It's in such bad condition as well!

SORT IT OUT KATE!

How are you today MummyJo? xx

Bananas are great! They really help to sweeten porridge and readybrek etcetera (no need for extra sugar!)
I'm really proud of myself, right after posting I gave my chocolate spread toast to my OH!
Haven't had anything to replace it yet as I've got Elissa but will probably copy you and have some readybrek!

Are you going for the full works and doing all your measurements as well to see your progress or just going for the weight loss?

Bananas are great! They really help to sweeten porridge and readybrek etcetera (no need for extra sugar!)
I'm really proud of myself, right after posting I gave my chocolate spread toast to my OH!
Haven't had anything to replace it yet as I've got Elissa but will probably copy you and have some readybrek!

Are you going for the fulls works and doing all your measurements as well to see your progress or just going for the weight loss?

Think I'll just go with the weightloss, I'm too lazy to bother with all that!

I really need to get a Wii and a Wii fit! I think because I'm so addicted to computer games and have been since I was a kid, that's what makes me lose all the weight cos I don't see it as a chore and don't really notice I'm exercising!

Well done you for giving your toast away! For some reason you've motivated me even more by doing that! Kind of like..if you can do it then I can too :D How cheesy does that sound...you know what I mean!

Hehe, it was replying in your thread that motivated me to do it!

I've got a Wii just never thought about a Wii fit, never really heard any reviews but I think the girls on here have inspired me to get one. Some of the games on the Wii really do get your heart racing and you can feel it all up yours arms so I'll keep trying with those until I get a Wii fit. Wonder how cheap they retail for now..

Hehe, it was replying in your thread that motivated me to do it!

I've got a Wii just never thought about a Wii fit, never really heard any reviews but I think the girls on here have inspired me to get one. Some of the games on the Wii really do get your heart racing and you can feel it all up yours arms so I'll keep trying with those until I get a Wii fit. Wonder how cheap they retail for now..

Well as I said, hopefully after new year there'll be some bargains! :D I was planning on getting a Sky Plus and Broadband package in my new flat but I think I'd rather be slim than slob around watching tv!

Just realised it's 11.30 and I've not had any urges to stuff my face! :D

hi katie:flower:
don't be too hard on yourself,we're all the same here,i too struggle and eat for every emotion known to man:nope:i too have my cupboards full of xmas treats :wacko: but my desire to get preggo and be healthy during pregnancy is far out weighing my cravings for cr@P:happydance::happydance:

you've listed all the reasons you want to lose weight and how your feeling,keep that list under your pillow and read it first thing in the morning and just before you go to sleep.that way you'll have those reasons fresh in your mind and use them to find the strength to work hard each and every day.remember it's one day at a time,if you think too far ahead you'll overwhelm yourself and feel it's just too much!i am very guilty of this and that why i have always ended up failing:cry:because i try to think of too much at one time:wacko:

why don't you enjoy crimbo now,and try and not eat too much:winkwink:go buy yourself a 2010 calender and use it in the new year as a way of motivating yourself.for each day you feel you've accomplished your goal put a fun sticker on there,and for the days you feel you've not done so well,maybe put a red cross or something on there too show yourself that you could of tried harder.then as you look at that you can see where you can improve and also pat yourself on the back for the times you've done good:flower:it's these little things that can make us feel proud of ourselves,help keep us motivated just like we would do with the kids:winkwink:

also why not buy a few workout dvds,there's lodes to choose from,and if you like dance ones there's always plenty of them too!!maybe look on ebay or amazon,there lots of fun and you can get a great workout in:happydance:

sorry to ramble on hun and put you to:sleep:but i wanted to show you you really can do it and are very capable:flower:good luck and take it one step at a time...............i am,and it's working:happydance::kiss:

btw-good job on your day so far!!!!!you can do it:)

hi katie:flower:
don't be too hard on yourself,we're all the same here,i too struggle and eat for every emotion known to man:nope:i too have my cupboards full of xmas treats :wacko: but my desire to get preggo and be healthy during pregnancy is far out weighing my cravings for cr@P:happydance::happydance:

you've listed all the reasons you want to lose weight and how your feeling,keep that list under your pillow and read it first thing in the morning and just before you go to sleep.that way you'll have those reasons fresh in your mind and use them to find the strength to work hard each and every day.remember it's one day at a time,if you think too far ahead you'll overwhelm yourself and feel it's just too much!i am very guilty of this and that why i have always ended up failing:cry:because i try to think of too much at one time:wacko:

why don't you enjoy crimbo now,and try and not eat too much:winkwink:go buy yourself a 2010 calender and use it in the new year as a way of motivating yourself.for each day you feel you've accomplished your goal put a fun sticker on there,and for the days you feel you've not done so well,maybe put a red cross or something on there too show yourself that you could of tried harder.then as you look at that you can see where you can improve and also pat yourself on the back for the times you've done good:flower:it's these little things that can make us feel proud of ourselves,help keep us motivated just like we would do with the kids:winkwink:

also why not buy a few workout dvds,there's lodes to choose from,and if you like dance ones there's always plenty of them too!!maybe look on ebay or amazon,there lots of fun and you can get a great workout in:happydance:

sorry to ramble on hun and put you to:sleep:but i wanted to show you you really can do it and are very capable:flower:good luck and take it one step at a time...............i am,and it's working:happydance::kiss:

btw-good job on your day so far!!!!!you can do it:)

Awwwww thankyou! :hugs: These are brilliant ideas! :D

Yeah I'm really proud of myself so far today....I'm not even hungry for lunch yet! :happydance:

I'm eating my lunch now, I've got vegetable soup, 2 slices of peanut butter on toast and a packet of hula hoops. I drank a glass of cold water before I started eating it and I'm eating it really slowly and chewing every mouthful properly :rofl: I've heard these are all good ways to make you feel properly full up.

It's not really a very healthy lunch but I'm easing myself gradually into it, I figured that if I just starve myself and give myself tiny portions straight away I'm more likely to cave in and binge eat. So gradually as the days go on I'll for instance, have only 1 slice of toast or take away the packet or crisps or something.

Oh GOD :shock: I've just weighed myself and since 2 days ago I've put on half a stone?!?! :shock: how can that be?!?!?! :cry:

Goodluck hun... After i have had this baby i am gonna try the cambridge diet... im a all or nothing kinda person i stave and then binge... i have tryed endless diets but think my mum messed my matabilisom (sp) up while growing up (if thats even possible!)... Goddluck chick xx

Goodluck hun... After i have had this baby i am gonna try the cambridge diet... im a all or nothing kinda person i stave and then binge... i have tryed endless diets but think my mum messed my matabilisom (sp) up while growing up (if thats even possible!)... Goddluck chick xx

Thankyouuu! :) Yeah I think I have a very slow metabolism....All I seem to need to do is eat 1 PIE and I put on 5 stone :(

You said you are going to eat 3 meals a day with no snacking? Maybe you could cut out the snacking before bed if you really want, but eating small amounts all day really helps keep your metabolism up if you think yours is slow. (I know mine is) Also, you started like 2 days ago! Stop weighing yourself!

The body can fluctuate like crazy between one day and the next, (especially if your period has started) You have to give yourself time to see the real weight loss rather than just every fluctuation that isn't real. Give it AT LEAST a week. Heck, I wait a month because people tend to get discouraged if they see +'s instead of -'s and you are bound to see a lot of both if you weigh yourself every day. :hugs:

You said you are going to eat 3 meals a day with no snacking? Maybe you could cut out the snacking before bed if you really want, but eating small amounts all day really helps keep your metabolism up if you think yours is slow. (I know mine is) Also, you started like 2 days ago! Stop weighing yourself!

The body can fluctuate like crazy between one day and the next, (especially if your period has started) You have to give yourself time to see the real weight loss rather than just every fluctuation that isn't real. Give it AT LEAST a week. Heck, I wait a month because people tend to get discouraged if they see +'s instead of -'s and you are bound to see a lot of both if you weigh yourself every day. :hugs:

Thanks Cooney you're right! I'll not weigh myself anymore, not until at least a month has gone past anyway! :D

Thanks Cooney you're right! I'll not weigh myself anymore, not until at least a month has gone past anyway! :D

I had to stop weighing myself too! i did at least twice a day.. and then was pissed off when I weighed a few more pounds at night then I did in the morning.. You guys we all need to stick together in order to pull this off sucsessfully! :)..

I had to stop weighing myself too! i did at least twice a day.. and then was pissed off when I weighed a few more pounds at night then I did in the morning.. You guys we all need to stick together in order to pull this off sucsessfully! :)..

I know right? My brother is coming into town today and bringing my gift so between the 25th and the 28th I'll have a scale in my house and will try no to get on it. I know though every time I go to the bathroom I'll be staring it down. :dohh:

You guys are doing great Katie & Jennie! :thumbup:

hi katieeee:flower:

how's things goin?have you had a good start to the week??i'm pretty happy with myself this week,i haven't had any junk(so thats 2 weeks now!)and i've eaten lots of fruit and veggies and lean chicken and plenty of water.......and i weighed in this morning and i've lost 3.2lbs:happydance:see it can be done you just have to try as hard as you can:flower:

i'm going to be really good over crimbo,i'm so excited about ttc that the thought of junk doesn't interest me.........my daughter though always loves to share some of here christmas choocie with me so i will have a couple of pieces just to please her:thumbup::kiss:i'm really hoping i get my bfp in jan:cloud9:here's hoping and fingers x.

i hope your managing and like i said before have your christmas and enjoy it and once in jan get stuck in with the healthy eating,good luck hun:flower:

how's things goin?have you had a good start to the week??i'm pretty happy with myself this week,i haven't had any junk(so thats 2 weeks now!)and i've eaten lots of fruit and veggies and lean chicken and plenty of water.......and i weighed in this morning and i've lost 3.2lbs:happydance:see it can be done you just have to try as hard as you can:flower:

i'm going to be really good over crimbo,i'm so excited about ttc that the thought of junk doesn't interest me.........my daughter though always loves to share some of here christmas choocie with me so i will have a couple of pieces just to please her:thumbup::kiss:i'm really hoping i get my bfp in jan:cloud9:here's hoping and fingers x.

i hope your managing and like i said before have your christmas and enjoy it and once in jan get stuck in with the healthy eating,good luck hun:flower:

Hey lady! :)

Things are going ok, the urge to constantly eat isn't there anymore but the diet has (kind of) been put on hold till after christmas when I buy a Wii and a Wii fit - mainly because I don't feel I will actually be losing weight unless I'm doing exercise at the same time! I'm not being lazy, just trying to be realistic and not put too much pressure on myself, plus I was just making myself miserable and I want my brain to associate diet with happy times!

You are doing AMAZINGLY!! I'm so proud of you! Cor if you got your bfp in Jan I would actually do a dance around my living room :D xxxx

Things are going ok, the urge to constantly eat isn't there anymore but the diet has (kind of) been put on hold till after christmas when I buy a Wii and a Wii fit - mainly because I don't feel I will actually be losing weight unless I'm doing exercise at the same time! I'm not being lazy, just trying to be realistic and not put too much pressure on myself, plus I was just making myself miserable and I want my brain to associate diet with happy times!

You are doing AMAZINGLY!! I'm so proud of you! Cor if you got your bfp in Jan I would actually do a dance around my living room :D xxxx

yeah we started ttc this month so fingers crossed i'll get my wish,hopefully be testing jan 1st:happydance::happydance:thaks alot babe,yeah i'm pretty amazed with how well i'm doing:winkwink:good plan you have,def enjoy xmas and like you say you don't want to feel miserable,you want to lose weight and be super happy whilst doing it:flower:the wii fit stuff sounds great,you'll have lodes of fun whilst getting fit woohoooo.i too love to exercise whilst healthy eating but at the moment i don't want to do anything too strenuous as we're ttc and i'm a worrier so i want to take it easy for the time being:winkwink:i've actually started looking at a few pregnancy workout dvds which i'll buy soon, that way i can workout to something specifically(sp)designed for pregnancy:happydance:

well take care,have a lovely christmas if i don't get on here before then....it's my birthday tomorrow,the big 3-0 lol:wacko:i'll let you know if i have any news on the bfp front!!!

:kiss::kiss:

yeah we started ttc this month so fingers crossed i'll get my wish,hopefully be testing jan 1st:happydance::happydance:thaks alot babe,yeah i'm pretty amazed with how well i'm doing:winkwink:good plan you have,def enjoy xmas and like you say you don't want to feel miserable,you want to lose weight and be super happy whilst doing it:flower:the wii fit stuff sounds great,you'll have lodes of fun whilst getting fit woohoooo.i too love to exercise whilst healthy eating but at the moment i don't want to do anything too strenuous as we're ttc and i'm a worrier so i want to take it easy for the time being:winkwink:i've actually started looking at a few pregnancy workout dvds which i'll buy soon, that way i can workout to something specifically(sp)designed for pregnancy:happydance:

well take care,have a lovely christmas if i don't get on here before then....it's my birthday tomorrow,the big 3-0 lol:wacko:i'll let you know if i have any news on the bfp front!!!

:kiss::kiss:

Happy birthdayyy! :happydance: and happy shagging and making babies :happydance: and happy christmas! :happydance: :D :hugs: xxx

Merry Christmas Katie!!!
I hope you have a great holiday! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back