Keep going with the anti-stretchmark creams AFTER birth...

QTPie

Reaction score
Was at a birth preparation workshop this past weekend and one of the new mums (gave birth 4 weeks ago) said that she had NO stretchmarks until AFTER she gave birth - so she wishes that she had kept up with the creams after her baby was born...

One of the MWs did suggest that some stretchmarks don't come out until after birth and the stretched skin slacks off (i.e. the stretchmarks were there pre-birth, but not visible because the skin was stretched flat)... so keeping up with the anti-stretchmark cream may or may not help...

But, my moto is always "err on the side of caution" - so worth keeping up with the cream/oil...

QT

At the end of the day you get them or not regardless of wether you use creams or not. All these "anti stretchmark" miracle potions don't work at all :wacko: the only thing you can really do is work to heal and fade them afterwards. Some people are just lucky! Yet some people go slathering on the cream 100 times a day to find they still get stretchmarks :shrug:

Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated is the best thing to do and will do way better things for your health, body AND bank balance than any faddy creams!

To be honest I don't think i'll have the time of day to care or even think about lotioning myself up when my bubba is here anyway! =D

It's more to do with your skin type and hereditary issues I think than lotions and potions. I haven't had any but then I've always moisturised my body once a week (although not much since pregnancy for some reason!)

Thanks for the info, I was going to carry on using the bio oil until it ran out anyway, just in case!

I am sure that there are LOTS of reasons for stretchmarks, but it never hurts to try to do what you can to avoid them... :winkwink: (same with wrinkles on your face...).

At the end of the day, even if you still get them, if you use the oils/creams then you will have soft, nice smelling skin anyway... :cloud9:

Doesn't take long to put on and - along with keeping up with proper cleansing and moisturising of my face and keeping my hair coloured/neat - it is something nice that I can do for my body after the birth... :cloud9:

QT

dont think its hereditary... mum not got 1 in all 3 pregnancies, im riddled with them. however bio oil will fade any scar at any point.. i used it on a scar on my chin and it faded it and the scar was caused when i was a kid, so even if you dont use it straight after birth.. if you go back to it. it will fade stretchies... as theyre scars.
Some creams do actually do something, when all my stretchmarks blew up and were red i used bio oil and creme and theyre so faded now. i dont think you can stop them, but you can definately help their appearance. and plus like QT said.. have great soft nice smelling skin! :D

:haha: i cant even use any cause it just doesnt like my body makes me itch and just like im alergic to it iv tried quite few different ones.. i say if i get them i do its all going to be worth it in the end :D

I've kinda grown fond of my stretchies in a way now :mrgreen: They're there I doubt they're going anywhere now so :shrug: I remember when my friend was pg with her second baby and her three year old little girl was sat on her lap looking at her bump. She asked "what are all these lines mummy?" her mum replied "they got there from when you in my tummy". She then, soooo sweetly, said "so i left those on your tummy mummy?" :laugh2: I felt quite honoured to witness that little exchange, it was so innocent and sweet. xx

aww bless thats so cute!!
becyboo your skin will change after birth so you can always use stuff then! (if you want to?)

Anybody else get stretch...dots? It's so weird- I can tell they're the 'beginnings' of stretch marks, in just a few places on my hips (same place as I got a few marks during puberty) but mine are just dots of the 'start' of stetchmarks- and they've been like that for weeks.

Very odd!! I seem to be turning into a leopard instead of a tiger ;)

oooh I remember something about that from like a zillion years ago. Stretchmarks are when you gain OR lose a lot of weight quickly so I guess it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->