Keeping fit while pregnant...

jenny0783

Reaction score
Do you guys exercise while you are pregnant? If so, what is the best things that I can do to stay healthy? I have been having cravings for really unhealthy foods and want to make sure that I do not gain a lot of weight and have a unhealthy pregnancy.

What should I do to stay fit? I thought about trying to find a healthy diet plan online, but I don't know where to go that is just for pregnant people. I have always heard that we cannot diet the way non-pregnant people do.

I just want to stay healthy for both myself and the baby.

What are your thoughts on staying fit?

swimming is fantastic i swam 3-4 times a week when pg with my son and im planning on doing it again this time too

Seen the price of MAT swimming costumes .... :shock: lol

i have two hun if u want one of them? one never worn

i did swim, aqua natel is fab! but now college takes over those nights, so then i started to use my ex bike, now i have to stop that too coz of my hips, so i think i will balloon loads now

x

I'm doing a prenatal Yoga class. Just started and so far so good :)

Both my OBGYN and my chiropractor told me that walking is one of the best things when you are pregnant. It is low impact and it strengthens your back. I'm thinking about taking a prenatal yoga class as well.

As far as dieting goes, you need to be getting 80-100 grams of protein a day, and then from there add in fruits and veggies. If you get cravings, have a bite, not the whole box. (That's usually me! :dohh:)

as long as u avoid most junk foods and try to eat as healthy as possible i admit i have a sweet tooth at times ---but not nearly as much as i did before getting pregnant--so i kinda cant take more than a few bites of sweets and as far as the working out goes== walking is easiest and even if u cant really get into a workout routine-- try parking the car further away or if ur in college park at one end of campus and walk to the other and you're basically guaranteed about a half hour or more of a workout that way if u still feel u havent done enough take a nice evening walk--- after the sun has started to go down so u arent walking in direct heat ===but as it is getting cooler out take ur walk whenever u can squeeze it in and its comfortable outside even 10 min at a time counts and when its too cold walk around the mall or a big grocery store or department store

personally when i feel the need i just get up and go to like meijers or krogers just to walk around ---and yes i'll admit i eat in the store--lol they can see that i';m pregnant so i will go ahead and eat.. as long as i'm paying for it who cares right--- come on u guys confess it we've all done it right---

and dont worry about ur weight too much try to stick to the chart that they give u of like the average weight gains per week or month and u should b fine---even if u start out with a bigger weight gain in the begining u can always slow it down by watching what u eat a lil more- and if all else fails just walk around and think about what u can do after the baby is born

oh and there are some really good prenatal workout videos out there-- i like fit mama's prenatal workout (even though i only did it for like a week)--but experiment with them till u find one u like

just try to avoid sugary foods and if you have cravings for something sweet you can opt for a musli bar or flapjack with honey instead of sugar, as well sweet fruits will do :hi:

My craving have been very unhealthy :blush: so I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes as much as possible!

i just took the excuse :rofl: and got huge!

I went to antenatal aerobics. And the best bit was... it was FREE!

I havent been working out at all. I mean, every once in a while i would go for a walk, but I have never been the one to work out. Luckily my sweet tooth has basically taken a break since I became pregnant, but I'm waiting for those pounds to pile on, not like i want them to :blush:
I guess no matter what, after the baby is born, I will be hitting the gym for the first time in years! :laugh2:

At what point in the pregnancy is it ok to exercise? Through the whole thing, or just after the first trimester is over? I want to work out soooo bad. I am so used to doing high impact exercises but I know that especially at this point in my pregnancy it's probably not a good idea. What about doing the "Walk Away the Pounds" series by Leslie Sansone? I have some of those videos, but at what point in the pregnancy is it ok to exercise?

(If you can't tell, this is my first pregnancy and I have yet to go to the doctor - my appt is next Wednesday :p)

I've been walking on my breaks and lunch hour at work. I think I may take up swimming at our gym since it's an easy way to get exersice without putting strain on my back and knees.

DH wants to buy an excersize tape for me to do, but I'm hardly ever home to do that. We are ususally out and about and I'm walking a lot of that time. Although I don't think it's working b/c I'm only 8 weeks and I've already gained too much weight. I don't understand either. I've eaten a lot more healthy and have upped my walking routine. :wacko:

Because of the physical activity of my job I don't really exercise that much. I should do some more weight training (as in keeping arms in shape.. Nothin strenuous) and stretching but at the end of the day after work the last thing I want to do is exercise lol. I'm on my feet walking around for 5 hours a day... thats probably whats been keeping my weight gain down (I eat pizza almost every day hehehehehe)

Im gonna start swimming regularaly and the lady at the gym I go to told me I could still use the gym but Id have to be really carefull, so Im going to see a personal trainer there who's going to give me an excersize plan.

I am so lazy I keep promising my self I will start going swimming but dont i really have to start now - with my diet, I eat healthy as well as sweet stuff cant help myself just eating a yum yum now from marks so nice lol

I will be starting prenatal yoga when I am 3 months prego. Until then I swim 2 times a week and walk about 3 times. I try to limit my junk food with healthy substitues like... I want a candy bar but insted I drink a chocolate milk with low fat milk. I also try to drink around 2 liters of water a day to keep my body hydrated as I seem to get puffy during my pregnancies. Also for a swim suit you should look on Ebay I get LOTS of good deal on maternity clothes on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->