Keeping things low budget, but still super excited! Anyone else?

Marie000

Reaction score
We have always kept the Christmas budget modest, sometimes by choice, other times not :haha: Most we spend on our daughter is around 100$. Maybe a little more this year, but definitely less than 200$. Plus a few smaller gifts for other kids in the family. Grown ups don't exchange gifts in my family, except for our significant others.

Still I get super excited for Christmas! My daughter's birthday was yesterday, so now's a great time to start planning for Christmas.

Is anyone else having a low-budget Christmas? What do you have planned?

For me, my daughter will get one large gift from Santa. Right now my best idea is a remote-controlled Wall-E, but I want to wait to see if her Wall-E obsession holds on a few more weeks.
Other, smaller gifts will be from mom and dad. I was thinking a table and chairs.

No idea for OH yet.

Aside from gifts, I also want to re-vamp my tree ornaments. I've made them myself, but they are too mis-matched and some of them I don't like anymore. I'll just have to see if I can find the time!

aww my lo's birthday was yesterday too! happy birthday.

We don't go overboard for everyone. I spend a few hundred on the kids each, and small gifts or handmade items for mostly everyone else. I still get super excited!

I'm not doing too much this year. I'll probably spend about $200 on daughter, if that. She has too much already and I've promised myself I'll only get her a few things I know she'll love (at least I hope) I have 2 nieces and a nephew, but they are all older and only want money...easy peasy! The only others I buy for are my parents, an aunt, a cousin and my cousin's little girl, who is impossible to buy for as she has everything (wealthy parents and an only child). That's it.

I'm so excited!!!

I'm another low-budgeter this year. $100 per kid. This is truthfully circumstance driven but I'm excited to see where I can stretch my dollar and get the best deals. I'm going to have to be creative this year. Everyone other than the kids, DH and my parents are getting homemade gifts.

aww my lo's birthday was yesterday too! happy birthday.

Happy Birthday to your lo as well! :happydance:

Gee... I thought I was done with the birthday shopping, but so far my daughter has received 40$ in cash and 25$ in ToysRUs gift certificate. And still one more birthday party coming (my parents might give money too... not sure)
That Wall-E robot is 80$... we're close. But I know OH will say I am buying it for myself rather than for Ariane. He's not completely wrong on that. :haha:

Ariane loved her presents, especially the board games. She loves playing with us. The playmobil house so far hasn't been played with much... except for the light-up fireplace. She carries that thing around everywhere. :shrug:

Me too, we won't be going overboard as finances are tight, but we still love Christmas and hope to have a great time!

We're low budget. DD will be getting about 70-100 and everyone else gets £10. I really have to stick to it this year but to be honest we always keep it around that level anyway.

When I was a child we got a main present each or a shared one and then basically stocking fillers. It was fairly obvious that other children at school got more but we were grateful for what we got and christmas was, and still is, enough in it's own right - we all valued the family time, being allowed to eat sweets and the traditions that went with it. I want christmas to mean the same to my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->