keeping warm when cosleeping

flowers04

mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
my lo normally ends up in bed with us nearly every night - she has on her sleeping bag, sleepsuit and babygro, socks and gloves cuz it's so cold

when in our bed she sleeps in between mine and oh pillows so that she isn't under the covers

i was wondering what positions you slept in and how did you all keep warm without overheating lo

also i breastfeed and find it a nightmare as i am constantly pulling duvet away from her but i still need to cover myself as its freezing - any tips would be great

I used a summer infant snugglenest for the first 6 months and the thing was a godsend. It's like a little bed that goes in between you and your OH so you can still use a pillow (because really you should loose pillows if your co sleeping incase of suffocation) and i could put her crib blankets over the top like a proper little bed. When she needed breastfeeding in the night you can just remove covers and slide LO down.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=09WBZ5BR5PRK9536F1W5

leyla is nearly 1 now so i put her under the cover with us, with her in a vest and sleepsuit, when shes in her cot she has on a fleece sleepsuit and a blanket aswell but i make sure i take that off when she comes in my bed

how old is ur LO?

x

put the heating on??!! No seriously....it would be simpler to keep the room between 18 and 20 degrees and safer for LO to keep her away from pillow and duvets.

We kept Hayden between us both under our pillows so he was under some of our blankets and up against our bodies which kept him warm, we just kept the blankets away from his face

Eek! She really shouldn't be between your pillows hun, that's not safe at all. We put Jack between us and his face level with my chest (easy BFing position and recommended position for bed-sharing) and he sleeps under our duvet but I keep it pulled back so it just comes to his tummy. I sleep with one arm across the pillows and the other around Jack so I can keep the duvet from rising up.

Even with the heating on 24/7 atm it's still pretty nippy at 3am, especially with my shoulders exposed (because of having duvet low enough to not cover Jack) so I put my dressing gown over me to keep my shoulders warm.

We take it in turns to have Ruby on our chests (we both sleep on our backs and hardly move at all), on top of the duvet but under her own cellular blanket wearing vest and sleepsuit. Basically she's same temp as if she was in the cot which she uses during the day. She's comfy and sleeps really well. Planning to have her in her cot all the time by around 4 months though, but still in our room x

I keep LO between me and his Arm's reach. I have kept my thin summer blanket instead of using the thick, winter down duvet (I miss that thing!). I dress LO in cotton jammies, usually non footed. Nothing else as he gets too hot because he snuggles up to me. He sleeps at my chest level, with my arm above his head to block him from my pillow. Sometimes I cover his lower half with the cover if he is cool. I leave the covers at my waist level and don't pull them up to my shoulders. :nope: I have learned to wear a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt to bed to keep my arms and shoulders warm. :thumbup:

Hunter was born in the summer, so it was hot in the night and didn't have to worry about covers. He's 2 1/2 years old now and sleeps with our comforter. He stays warm. When new baby gets here it will still be a little nippy at night so he'll be in a Arm's Reach with a long sleeved footed jammies. Should be pretty warm that way.

I bought warmer pjs :) Microfleece and the top buttons down so I can keep it open and the boobies are at the ready. I also keep one arm above Emma to block her from the pillows and let the duvet come up to her tummy. We use a lighter duvet now since the bulkier one seems to ride up more (if that makes any sense). It'd be so much easier to co-sleep in the summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->