Kenzley Alyce

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
Wednesday, January 13th was an amazing day even tho nothing went as planned. We had to be induced that day at 36+3 because I was diagnosed with cholestasis. I was hoping to be pregnant forever with her as this was my last baby and a pretty easy pregnancy, but that didn't go as planned either.
DH and I were up at the hospital at 630am where we were put into our room with a laboring tub as this is how I wanted to labor. I got my IV put in just incase I needed it. My plan was to go in, get my water broken and hope labor would start that way. Wrong! Doctor came in at 8am and went to check me. She definitely tried but she just could not reach my cervics. She decided to start a small dose of pitocin to see if things would start for me and to try and get my cervics down. At 9am things started happening and I could feel contractions. They were very spaced out so they had to keep giving me more pitocin. Around 12pm the doctor came back to check what was happening and to see if she could reach my waters. This time she was able to break it and take me off the pitocin so I could labor on my own.
I was doing pretty good for the first 2 hours with the contractions as they were quiet painful but my tolerance for pain is quiet high. Nurses didn't seem to think I was close so we tried the ball first and walking around. Eventually around 3pm I was in so much pain I was clinging to the side of the bed in so much pain. I was begging for pain meds at this point and begged one of the nurses to check me to give me something. One of the nurses suggested using the tub and I said okay. The other nurse checked me as my doctor was nowhere to be found and said she thought I was at 6 cms. I cried as I was fustrated as I knew I couldn't handle the pain anymore at only 6 cm and knew my natural labor was out the window. The nurse went to go get pain meds and the other nurse came over to help me in the tub. I couldn't even move as contractions were so close together and painful. My feet hit the floor and I felt a huge amount of pressure and I knew then that baby was coming. I got back into the bed and said nevermind the tub baby is on her way. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy and screamed for the other nurse. The first nurse that checked me had the second nurse check me again. As soon as she placed her fingers inside she told the other nurse to call my doctor asap. Dh and i start bawling as we knew we were about to meet our daughter. A few minutes later I was pushing as I couldn't wait any longer for my doctor. At the last second my doctor came in to finish the job. I have never felt pain like this in my life. I had lost all control when it came down to pushing as my anxiety got the best of me. I was screaming, swearing and crying uncontrollably. When they say crowning hurts the worse, they are not joking! :haha:
At 3:41pm my beautiful daughter at 6.9lbs and 19inchs long was in my arms and crying. Her crying came to a stop and she was taken off my chest as she was a bright, deep purple. She was put on oxygen as she was having trouble breathing and was breathing very fast. After 30 mins of worry things got better with her and she was back in my arms.
The first week with her was rough as she was born early. We had to have blood test done for her glucose as they were always low every 1-3 hrs for 2 days. Her poor little feet are still black and blue. When we weighed her again she had lost 7ozs from the 6.9lbs she was. This didn't help her sugars either. We had to do a routine blood test for thyroid, jaundice and multiple other things. Earlier that day I had asked one of the nurses if they thought she looked yellow and they said they didn't see it. Turns out she had high levels of bilirubin and had to be put under the lights the night we were suppose to go home. We were able to go home the next morning with us having to come back for more test as she had lost 2 more ozs and had to have her bilirubin test done again. Levels kept going up but not as high as they once were. 5 days later after 3 more test her levels have finally started to come down (knock on wood, as they only came down a couple points) and she gained 2ozs back!!! Thank goodness as I had wanted to breastfeed with this baby and was getting very discouraged that she was having so many problems that was caused by me and milk supply.
Exactly a week later we are happy at home and doing well!! Thank you ladies for all your help with this pregnancy! This site has been a gods sent to me!! :flower:

Attachments

• received_10204722224810358.jpg
    received_10204722224810358.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 51
So pleased you are home with your princess xxxx

Congratulations! I had cholestasis as well and was set to be induced at 37 weeks. Due to low fluid I had to have him at 36+2. Our little ones have a few things in common! :)

Congratulations! I had cholestasis as well and was set to be induced at 37 weeks. Due to low fluid I had to have him at 36+2. Our little ones have a few things in common! :)

Aw, yes they do! How much did he weigh? Was your LO healthy at birth?

Aw, yes they do! How much did he weigh? Was your LO healthy at birth?

He was 5lb 15oz. Yes, he was healthy. Slight jaundice was his only issue. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->