Kidney reflux

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
Hiya guys :(

well I should start at the beginning....Katie started having urinary infections in January so was referred to a consultant to find out what the problem was.. so our appointment was today and they think she has possible kidney reflux :sad2: but they wont know until they do further tests. She will need an ultrasound, a kidney dye test and some other test where they pass a catheter into her bladder and fill it with liguid to see what way the urine flows and therefore if its refluxing back up the ureter :sad2: my poor baby such horrific procedures for a little girl :(

She also has to be given a night dose of antibiotic for the foreseeable future, possibly a few months until they get the full picture.

I am so upset its unbelieveable:cry:

don't know if it's the same, but my sister has something similar!

she often has kidney infections, blood in her urine and had two operations already to widen the urinary tube :baby:

I'm sorry for your LO :hugs:

thank you hun, I just hope it ends up nothing, I'm really worried :cry:

:hugs: I hope it ends up to be nothing, keep us up to date :hugs:

thanks vickie, of course I'll keep yous up to date :hugs: I feel like cr*p today :(

Hey Mamafy, I have had these tests done myself and while they are not fun, they are not horribly painful. I am not sure how old your DD is, but with the dye test, see if they can insert the dye through an IV. I have had the dye inserted directly and through an IV and the IV was much easier. I had a really hard time with the direct insert. The bladder test is uncomfortable. Warn her that they will fill up her bladder till it feels like she is going to pee everywhere. Maybe they could even give her something to sedate her a bit to make it more comfortable.

I am so sorry she is having these problems, having had kidney problems in the past, it is not fun! I hope she feels better soon.

thanks hun but shes only 8 months old :sad2:

thanks hun but shes only 8 months old :sad2:

Oh bless her then. I am sure they will probably sedate her during these procedures, so she will just thinks she had a good nap. NOT that it makes it easy on you. So sorry love!

Im sorry Mamfay, as Ive said before Ive felt connected to you because we've both been through so much with our LO's. And when my LO is having horriable test(spinal,surgery,US) I take comfort in knowing that he wount recall the pain when he's older, which truely is a blessing. I'll pray for your little girl that it turns out to be nothing but UTI's, I had alot when I was alittle girl and Im okay :)

:hugs: vanwest, do you ever feel tired; thats how I feel at the minute; emotionally tired :( this has not been a good day and my inlaws the sc**bags have made it even worse :sad2: I feel incredibly connected to you too hun :hugs:

thanks girls, your all stars :hugs:

Hi Mamafly - I have a Kidney reflux, but it was not diagnosed until I was 3, so now I have a badly scarred kidney - It really doesn't affect my life, and I have had all these tests but obviously I was older that your LO, I can't remember any pain from any tests that I had. If you want to PM me then please feel free. ps I only have a badly scarred kidney because it was left undiagnosed for so long - don't want to worry you!!!! :hugs:

thank you so much charveyron, they told me that she'd need a test to check for kidney scarring, I think it was the dye one....I have a abnormailty in one of my kidneys that I was born with so I'm kinda 'hoping' (wrong word but nevertheless) thats whats caused the infections. I have a double ureter on my right kidney.

thank you I'll pm you now if thats ok?

:hugs: vanwest, do you ever feel tired; thats how I feel at the minute; emotionally tired :( this has not been a good day and my inlaws the sc**bags have made it even worse :sad2: I feel incredibly connected to you too hun :hugs:

thanks girls, your all stars :hugs:

All the time! I have no idea sometimes how I will keep going, when it feels everything is falling down in front of me, which I think you probaly are feeling right now. Perhaps you have a friend who might come over so you can get rest? That's what I do , I call my Mom who comes over so I can sleep. The constant worry is really draning I know. Im learning it all works out, sometimes its just not as easy as it for some other babies, which really isnt fair I feel sometimes, but boy does it make you love your LO even more.

I'm feeling better today :) Things will be ok, they always are and the brilliant thing is they will have caught it hopefully in time before any damage is done to her kidneys...

and thanks so much to charveyron :hugs: your pm helped me loads and I dont feel as worried as I did..

onwards & upwards eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->