Kids playing guns

Playing guns, playing shop, playing doctors, playing anything - it's just playing. It doesn't glorify guns, it's children playing. Should we not give them toy knives in play sets in case it glorifies stabbing? Should we not give them toy syringes in case they grow up to be junkies.

Seriously, I've never understood why people get so worked up about children playing.

As much as I do agree its only playing. The toy knives in kitchen is to pretend to eat with I've never seen someone pretend to eat or cut food with a toy gun.

The only intension with guns- obviously not a toy one I know, is to kill or hurt someone there's no other use for one

X

Not true. I did target shooting which is a competition and not shooting at or hurting someone. :thumbup:

Playing guns, playing shop, playing doctors, playing anything - it's just playing. It doesn't glorify guns, it's children playing. Should we not give them toy knives in play sets in case it glorifies stabbing? Should we not give them toy syringes in case they grow up to be junkies.

Seriously, I've never understood why people get so worked up about children playing.

As much as I do agree its only playing. The toy knives in kitchen is to pretend to eat with I've never seen someone pretend to eat or cut food with a toy gun.

The only intension with guns- obviously not a toy one I know, is to kill or hurt someone there's no other use for one

X

Not true. I did target shooting which is a competition and not shooting at or hurting someone. :thumbup:

Yeah I suppose i didn't think of that :thumbup:. But majority of toy guns I've seen in shop are not for target shooting but replicas of guns used To kill iykwim

I can't say anything about toy guns, lol, cause my dad got Alex a .22 cal when he's old enough to shoot it, lol.

Also, hunting and pest control. A lot of farmers in the UK still own rifles.

I can't say anything about toy guns, lol, cause my dad got Alex a .22 cal when he's old enough to shoot it, lol.

Yes my OHs dad owns a gun for shooting he wanted a to take a photo of Isabelle holding it..... I wasn't happy at all:nope:

X

Yes my OHs dad owns a gun for shooting he wanted a to take a photo of Isabelle holding it..... I wasn't happy at all:nope:

X

I agree there. A toddler holding a firearm is not acceptable gun safety. Alex won't be allowed to touch one until he is five or six and that will only be under supervision of myself or my father (he's a retired police officer and a firearms instructor).

I have no issues with my boys playing with toy weapons.

We stayed in a Teepee last year & the resort was decorated as cowboy & indians. We got Joshua outfits to dress up as both including the guns & bows. He had a whale of a time.

He owns nerf guns (tommy & shot gun versions), he loves shooting his Uncle with them.

Personally I don't allow toy guns into my house, nor do I allow swords. In fact I don't allow anything that was created with the purpose of killing people. I do allow water pistols and bows and arrows and water bombs etc. If my kids decided they wanted to buy a toy sword/gun with their money that would be fine, but they wouldn't be allowed to bring them into the house, or play with them around me. That said, it wouldn't bother me if a kid pointed their fingers and 'shot' my kids, nor does it really bother me when kids pick up sticks and play fencing.

Personally I don't allow toy guns into my house, nor do I allow swords. In fact I don't allow anything that was created with the purpose of killing people. I do allow water pistols and bows and arrows and water bombs etc. If my kids decided they wanted to buy a toy sword/gun with their money that would be fine, but they wouldn't be allowed to bring them into the house, or play with them around me. That said, it wouldn't bother me if a kid pointed their fingers and 'shot' my kids, nor does it really bother me when kids pick up sticks and play fencing.

What do you think bows and arrows were created for.....?

Actually, bows and arrows were first created as hunting tools :thumbup:

Actually, bows and arrows were first created as hunting tools :thumbup:

I know, but they were also pretty effective weapons in war and guns are effective weapons for hunting, totally appreciate people's opinions but on that logic I think it is a bit of a slippery slope.

* realise I should have said "used for" not "created for"

Bows and arrows were not created (as far as I know) to kill people, they were created for hunting. guns and swords were created to kill people.

Maybe we should say what these things can be used for, regardless of original intention......?

Anything can be a weapon and kill someone if you think about it....

Yes, I could wrap my garden hose around someone's neck and strangle them lol

Lol yeah but bows and arrows are generally more dangerous than your garden hose lol, I shouldn't have used the word 'created' but I just generally mean it is still a weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->