Kids playing guns

Rhys thinks he is a Jedi and has light saber battles with his dad and uncle and has also started playing guns recently

I admit I'm uncomfortable with guns. I don't like them and never have. Pretend or real.

But if Kai gets to the stage where he's playing cops n robbers etc then at that point I'd explain about not actually hurting people and its just pretend play etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wouldn't teach my children to pretend to have a gun but if they came home and did it I wouldn't be mad?

Boys have been playing this for a long time, I am sure they didnt all turn out murderes of similar. Its just a boy thing. Both mine like guns, they make gun noises. It dosnt disturb me as I know they arnt killing their mum with a plastic gun or have any intention of doing it. We even have archery here in the garden to and my landlords kids like to pretend they are soldiers and play war a lot. They target shot to. Child hood games. Different from having a real gun when older I think. I wouldnt like to say to my kids all their games where banned they wanted to do. Off limits, i dont think they will thank me for letting them do what boys do.

All my 3 boys were obsessed with guns when they were little. They are 21 19 and 12 and as far as I know none of them are mass murderers . Had fake gun fights made all the gun noises even slept with their new toy guns. They knew they were not real. My dad lives in Florida and has a lot of guns ( he is licensed to carry also, but he doesn't. He is also a retired marine )and my 2 older ones when there do go shooting/ they have never said they wanted to own a gun or anything like that. Guns had no baring on my kids as adults.. Boys will be boys that is what they do.JMO :flower:

I recall having cap guns and spud guns when I was younger. Then pellet guns as I got older.

I don't mind my son playing "guns"...it's the going around the house saying "I'm going to kill you" that bothers me. I do correct him on that. I have no clue where he got that from either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->