Kim Jong...

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
What's with the national mourning??

I've always assumed he was in the same league as saddam/gaddafi ect??
A tyrant dictator that lived a rich exsistance whilst his people suffered in poverty??

Where's summer rain when you need her!!!

North Koreans are so unbelievably brainwashed it is crazy. It is probably the most isolated country on the planet and there are literally NO cultural similarities between us and North Koreans, they know nothing except for what their government chooses to tell them, a lot of which is total bullshit. They aren't allowed to make international phone calls (punishable by death), don't have access to the internet, can't leave the country, watch international t.v programs and generally just live in a world FILLED with propoganda, it is so sad. And even the ones who aren't brainwashed still have to pretend that they are mourning otherwise they risk being sent to prison camps! Folding a piece of paper with a picture of the 'Dear Leader' on it can get you imprisoned. North Korea is fucking terrifying, I am facsinated by it though!

Plus North Korea only releases photos of the things they want the world to see so of course they aren't going to show photos of people celebrating his death if there WERE any citizens who dared to do so. It is virtually impossible to visit and if you do you aren't allowed to take a phone, can only use a camera in certain places and have to be accompanied by a tour guide wherever you go. Vice did a really interesting documentary on it. A lot of North Koreans also live in complete poverty and many die of starvation because they spend what little money they have on nuclear weapons, stupidly huge buildings and the military.

Wowzers!! I knew they were a country that feared the leadership but that's unreal!!

I suppose alot of the mourning is for show then.
So you think the country will change as a result of his death? Will his son be the young fresh person needed to bring a difference to the people or is he just as narcassistic as his father??

I don't know a huge amount about it but apparently his son is even more paranoid and crazy. I would be shocked if his death brought on a new period of democracy in the country. The citizens have been brainwashed since birth to believe that their leader is some kind of god and that they live the most privileged lives in the whole world, its so sad. I think that his son is considered too young though so most likely he will just pretty much be the 'face' of the party.

A few years ago video tapes of a South Korean soap opera were somehow smuggled across the border and when people watched it they couldn't believe how lavish their lives were compared to their own, when they have been brainwashed to believe that they live a life of luxury. When the word got out to the government they would go round areas and cut off all power so that the tape would get stuck in the machine, and checked all the houses. If they found that a citizen had been watching the tape they and the rest of their families would be sent to prison camp. (25% of prisoners die within 5 years). Its just so tragic.

I think lou has the right idea sadly. I think North Korea is the last place on earth I'd want to live :(

North Korea is SO brain washed. :nope:

My mom is Korean and lived in South Korea until 1988. She constantly worries about her family there because of the constant tension. When I was in school we watched a documentary about it and a few people who had escaped into South Korea. The horrors of North Korea is unbelievable. I have been to South Korea and have seen the border, it's insane the amount of patrol. Though if you get to close, they shoot you down. I hope Kim Jong Un will be a little more... Level headed.

My mom is Korean and lived in South Korea until 1988. She constantly worries about her family there because of the constant tension. When I was in school we watched a documentary about it and a few people who had escaped into South Korea. The horrors of North Korea is unbelievable. I have been to South Korea and have seen the border, it's insane the amount of patrol. Though if you get to close, they shoot you down. I hope Kim Jong Un will be a little more... Level headed.

Apparently he is even more crazy.

Does your mum have any family in North Korea? I cannot image being ripped apart from your family and knowing that they are living under a dictatorship but not having any way to contact them :nope:

My friend literally arrived in South Korea to do a year of teaching abroad the DAY that it was announced that Kim Jong died! Talk about timing...

Also, this photo never fails to shock me.

https://papundits.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/korea_lights_lg_thumb.jpg

Apparently he is even more crazy.

Does your mum have any family in North Korea? I cannot image being ripped apart from your family and knowing that they are living under a dictatorship but not having any way to contact them :nope:

My friend literally arrived in South Korea to do a year of teaching abroad the DAY that it was announced that Kim Jong died! Talk about timing...

Also, this photo never fails to shock me.

https://papundits.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/korea_lights_lg_thumb.jpg

Oh, I know. That picture is crazy. Pyongyang with the only light of course. :nope:

No, my mom doesn't have any family in North Korea, just South. Her brother and sister.

Thank God! I would love to visit South Korea, it looks pretty cool over there.

Thank God! I would love to visit South Korea, it looks pretty cool over there.

It's alright, haha. I was 5 but remember a fair amount. Apparently all I ate was ramen noodles, ice cream and Sprite. :dohh:

But yeah, I remember rice fields, Seoul with its talking crosswalks and at my grandma's house her crazy neighbor wanting to burn her house down. :nope:

It was also my first plane ride. 24 hours, bah. I thought the airplane was going to pick us up in front of our house like my school bus. I also got to go into the cockpit with the pilot and he gave me a Lego airplane. :haha:

So sad how they all live and they don't even get how bad it is :(

I didn't know of him til he died and hubby told me some stuff about him..wowzers

x

Its crazy :( Lou summed it up. The picture shocks me everytime. Its unfair to make people live like that. It should be a human right to know about other nations/contact who you like. The leaders are so paranoid. I got a feeling relations might get worse not better.

wow!I didn't realise they were banned from doing all of that...I did wonder why they were mourning someone who was such an evil person...xx

So why has no one ever intervened?
Because they have nuclear weapons and don't want to rock the boat?
I'd like to believe the son has spent enough time away from his country to know this kind of leadership is wrong. Was he not uni educated in Europe somewhere?
Hope to god for the poor people of Korea they have some kind of hope for the future and things won't get worse for them.
My naive mind would like to think we'd Aid any nation if they needed help but I guess there's always going to be political and monetry agendas lying in the background. We've gone to the 'aid' of Iraq, afgan and Libya but I fear these being middle eastern countries oil and politics were always the factor. Rwandas genocide pains me, I could cry for those people as many other countries. I don't suppose they have anything of value for us though??
Anyone clue me up on these topics if they're knowledgable!!

Is there a pattern forming here too?? Saddam is dead, gaddafi, kim Jong, bin laden (don't think he's classed as a dictator!) and the guy from south amerca recently this year!! That 2012 conspiracy thing might well be happening!

I dont think we can intervene with N.Korea really, I dont think they would think as deeply about using nuclear as other nations!

They should let the younger son rule, he got caught trying to sneak out of the country on a fake passport so he could visit disneyland

Not too sure but its normaly the eldest son that getd made a general and then takes over kinda like a monarchy

yeah but I'm sure I read it was his 3rd son he chose to take over from him..:shrug: might be wrong though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->