Kim Jong...

I find it interesting that once people find out I'm Korean, they ask if I'm from the North or the South, lol. I have to say my family was from Korea before it was split. I'm sure I have distant relatives still there.

I really have no thoughts on this. People always ask how I feel and I really don't know :shrug:

You've no desire to go back to your roots then?!
It's such a crazy situation, you can't imagine not having access to the most simple information. And for those that do know about all the propaganda ect, how would you ever get out? Can you leave the country for any reason??

My family fled Korea back when the Japanese invaded. They were lesser nobility so there was a price on their heads. They are all in Hawaii now.

There must be some degree of brainwashing as they are not allowed access to find out about other cultures/emails/phone international/tv shows/news etc.

Yes I think its hard for us to know how it must feel to live in a world of censorship and propoganda right from the very moment you are born. I do not think that it is remotely difficult to believe that a lot of the people there are very brainwashed!

Thing is most of them cant realy be classed as brainwashed because so many of them dont actualy know what they are missing out on.
Alot will never even be aware the internet exsists and as far as they are concerned the only "cutting edge thing" is the intrenet theat their leader supplies for them and are most likey told that he invented it just for them and no other country has anything like it.

So as far as so many of them are concerned they dont miss what they dont know exsists so as far as they are concerned they are living the high life and its as best as it gets and probably better then any other country so therfore their leasder is the greatest thing and they probably are genuinly grieving for him
Can it still be classed as brain washing if you just didnt know an alternative existed.

This new leader went to school in switzerland..so has some experience of the west..if that is a good or bad thing remains to be seen...

Thing is most of them cant realy be classed as brainwashed because so many of them dont actualy know what they are missing out on.
Alot will never even be aware the internet exsists and as far as they are concerned the only "cutting edge thing" is the intrenet theat their leader supplies for them and are most likey told that he invented it just for them and no other country has anything like it.

So as far as so many of them are concerned they dont miss what they dont know exsists so as far as they are concerned they are living the high life and its as best as it gets and probably better then any other country so therfore their leasder is the greatest thing and they probably are genuinly grieving for him
Can it still be classed as brain washing if you just didnt know an alternative existed.

I dont know. If I had been in that kind of society and then got out I would class it as brainwashing. Its a bit like being born into some kind of cult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->