Kim Jong...

Sorry yeah I got that wrong it is the youngest taking over, it eas the eldest tnat disgtaved the family by sneaking ogf to disneyland so je got passed over

I doubt many of the people are pretending to mourn. They worship their "Dear Leader", as though he were god. They don't think of him as evil at all. To them, the west is evil. Their government blames every bad thing in their country on Western countries. The government controls ALL information. It is truly a scary place. There have been some really informative documentaries made about it.

Sorry I missed this thread; but yep North Korea is really messed up, apparently workers only have 2 days off a year-The Great Leaders Birthday and The Dear Leaders Birthday, and sirens sound to call all the people to work in the morning, also I don't know if it still the case but in the late 90s; hair salons were only allowed to offer 30 hairstyles/cuts for women and pictures of these acceptable hair cuts were put up in all hair salons xx

I doubt many of the people are pretending to mourn. They worship their "Dear Leader", as though he were god. They don't think of him as evil at all. To them, the west is evil. Their government blames every bad thing in their country on Western countries. The government controls ALL information. It is truly a scary place. There have been some really informative documentaries made about it.

I dunno, if that was true there wouldn't be people trying to defect. I agree that the majority are probably tragically brainwashed but there are some that realise that they are living in a fucked up country, which is arguably worse. South Korea once sent in loads of posters of Kim Jong Il with a pro-democracy message written across them, as pictures of Kim Jong cannot be destroyed. Clever!

I wondered how long it would be until someone said it looks to be true about 2012. The world is much better off without monsters like these, shame it took so long for them to die or be killed.
x

I wondered how long it would be until someone said it looks to be true about 2012. The world is much better off without monsters like these, shame it took so long for them to die or be killed.
x

Its a bigger shame that nothing will change in N. Korea :(

its crazy how brainwashed they all are and how powerless the world is that they can't get involved :nope: my grandma grew up in fascist Italy which had very similar aspects of it, she said that in high school they called her up in assembly and cut her hair because she had an illegal hair cut , my family there was blacklisted until the end facsim, we have some relatives like my great grandad that we don't know where they have been buried as they were executed for political reasons , North Korea is a million times worse then back then so I can't imagine what it must be like for the people that live there :nope:

x

Is there a pattern forming though or complete coincidence that all the major dictators of the world are popping off one way or another.?!

I hope the son has been educated enough in Europe to bring some change, I'm sure that's a complete naive way to think but you can but pray.

North Korean TV only broadcasts hagiographies of the two leaders and pictures celebrating the country's army, model farms, model villages etc.

Our minders had probably never seen any other kinds of news item or documentary about their country or the rest of the world.

They were not allowed to, and they could not, because no-one has access to the internet in North Korea.

Instead, the North Koreans have a special internal intranet which I was shown at Pyongyang University.

A postgraduate metallurgy student who spoke good English explained that he could not compare his research with a fellow student in say, London or Los Angeles, because the system would not let him.

But, he added brightly, "the Dear leader has kindly put all we need to know on our intranet system".

Sue Lloyd Roberts, June 2010

I can't even imagine what N Korea must be like :nope:

Sorry, what's this 2012 thing?

x

Is there a pattern forming though or complete coincidence that all the major dictators of the world are popping off one way or another.?!

I hope the son has been educated enough in Europe to bring some change, I'm sure that's a complete naive way to think but you can but pray.

I'm going to go with a good coincidence for now. Would think different if someone like George Bush died or got killed as he was an influential dictator imo.
x

I dunno, if that was true there wouldn't be people trying to defect. I agree that the majority are probably tragically brainwashed but there are some that realise that they are living in a fucked up country, which is arguably worse. South Korea once sent in loads of posters of Kim Jong Il with a pro-democracy message written across them, as pictures of Kim Jong cannot be destroyed. Clever!

Yeah, the majority are brainwashed. However, there will always be the few who see reality for what it is. I hope those that try to defect are successful in their efforts.

The strangest thing to me is not that they don't have internet; it's that they don't have TV. The only TV stations are broadcast by the government, and they only display shows that reinforce things the government teaches. Can you imagine? :wacko:

I found this one very interesting:

https://www.vice.com/video

i dont think they are even brainwashed, i think people are in genuine fear and will say anything to live as much of a peaceful life from government as possible

There must be some degree of brainwashing as they are not allowed access to find out about other cultures/emails/phone international/tv shows/news etc.

I find it interesting that once people find out I'm Korean, they ask if I'm from the North or the South, lol. I have to say my family was from Korea before it was split. I'm sure I have distant relatives still there.

I really have no thoughts on this. People always ask how I feel and I really don't know :shrug:

I find it interesting that once people find out I'm Korean, they ask if I'm from the North or the South, lol. I have to say my family was from Korea before it was split. I'm sure I have distant relatives still there.

I really have no thoughts on this. People always ask how I feel and I really don't know :shrug:

You've no desire to go back to your roots then?!
It's such a crazy situation, you can't imagine not having access to the most simple information. And for those that do know about all the propaganda ect, how would you ever get out? Can you leave the country for any reason??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->