Kind of shocked.....

Am I bitching? Seriously, if you think I'm bitching then you should re read ur comments and keep all your opinions to yourselfs. I'm quiet offended that people judge before knowing the facts

Although shocking to you I think that sounds like a stressed mum who maybe needs some help herself. I dont know whats happening her life but I think this is a deeper issue than a simple asking for a banana.

I was walking past a green grocer with all the fruit outside , a mum and daughter was in front and the girl about 7 said "Mum, can I have one of those nectarines" the mum then replies, No babes we've not got time, I'll get you some sweets when I get my fags!!! Haaaaa!!! Quite funny!

i cant definitely see shouting at my 2 year old. especially if you have a hard day and he constantly wont listen and wants everything,hits and screams.
i probarly sounded like a loon today because he was asking me for something and i said i dont care go away and stop talking. but he really brought me to the edge and i just couldnt deal with him until i calmed down.
i think its normal to get angry at a toddler. they are NOT easy at times.

today he was trying to get a banana from the kitchen counter and i kept saying stop it, no your not having one and then i had to pry it away from him and hide them, i had guests at the time and they asked why on earth i wont let him have one, and i simply explained he only opens them and doesnt eat them, they are for the baby and he had eaten loads already plus dinner was cooking!

Whateverrr :L
If you read my comments, I thought that she'd seriously hurt her child, like actual abuse and it's already been sorted out that it was a misunderstanding. Jeeez. Its finished now LOLLLLL!

I am really not looking forward to the tantrum stage!

As other posters have said, I won't judge another parent until I've actually been there, and as Louie is still only 10 months old, I have a way to go before he starts throwing tantrums and generally being difficult to take out.

Even at 10 months old there have been days when I've felt like I've almost reached my limits and I have to count to ten when he's screaming non-stop out of frustration or even just when we're having a bad day in general. So I can sort of see where this mum might have been coming from, although I imagine it gets worse as they get older and we as parents have to stretch our limits even further.

xxx

"Just STOP IT! The world does NOT revolve around you, okay?!"

But for hours, days actually of keeping my cool, being patient, ignoring bad behaviour, naughty step, talking it out only to be smacked, kicked, headbutted, screamed at and ignored completely, yeah it's quite easy to lose it. Especially when my little angel kicks his tiny baby brother in the face during one of his tantrums.

oh i know this feeling only too well, Romane seems to bare the brunt of all Lailas tantrums as of late! little witch she is!

blinkybaby, your avatar pic is ever so cute! :flower:

Come on, who hasnt thought the same thing that the woman said to her kid? Its just a question of biting your tongue, she let her feelings slip out! Whining kids are stressful, and it can be hard to keep a cool head. Agree with Dragonfly as well, theres probably more to it than how it looks.

I think people should be a bit nicer to the OP, there are loads of similar posts on this site, where you get the "guess what I saw when I was shopping" etc. This post just seems to have hit a nerve with some people. x

In all fairness there are people who drag around kids speaking to them like dirt just plan disrespectful people. Throwing threats about and slapping them in public not all of them have stress some are just .....not really sure I can think of a nice word that wouldnt offend but a lot like vicky pollards. But this mum dosnt sound like one of them for some reason but then I wasnt there.

Who is not to say that Mum has had a stressful day and the bananas were the last straw???

I told Katie no today and she threw the remote at me and it hit my lip.

She got a telling off and was sent to timeout.

Sometimes kids drive you to distraction and you lose your rag in public!!!

V xxx

You know what, its hard being a mum sometimes as you do feel like you are out of the limelight and all the attention is elsewhere. You feel worthless and uncared for. And it might be hard to accept that someones wishes come before your own. A child completely takes over your life and its pretty daunting, nothing can prepare you for it X

this drives me crackers!
We was in debenhams cafe and DS went on a full on tantrum screaming and shouting because a little boy on the next table was stood on a chair hovering over him with a pack of crisps and a bar of chocolate in his hand.
I was telling him no he couldnt have them or any for that matter but offered him something else. He was shouting and getting more upset by the minute, because he wanted them. Cue a older mum, her partner and a few others sat with a new baby saying i couldnt cope, glaring, tutting and generally pissing me off more.
Yes i was struggling and yes i wanted to scream shut up at him. The thing is all that was over food my son cant eat. Hes allergic to milk and wheat so would get really poorly.
No one else knows this bar me so whos to say that child has an intolerance or a allergy and that poor mum just had enough like me?!
Things are so easy to judge but until you have a toddler pushing their boundaries or having a full on hissy fit you wont get it x

I'll put my hands up as being one of 'those' mums the other night. Eamon has been refusing to eat his tea if it isn't something he knows and won't try anything new at all. I gave him something he'd had before after he refused the initial new food I tried to give him and he threw the spoon at me and spat it out.
After days of him refusing tea it just sent me over the edge and I screamed at him. What I said contained the F word and I feel guilty about it still now. But it was done in the heat of the moment and I didn't truly mean what I said. Sometimes you reach a point of no return :(

Actually im like this most times i go shopping with LO, he refuses to sit in his pram, refuses to have his reins on, we cant go into shops that havnt got toys in or he will throw himself onto the floor and scream, if you pick him up he will hit and scratch your face, if he wants something and hes not leaving the shop with it he will once again trow himself on the floor. Every 50p ride we go past he jumps on and wont move untill you put the money in, forget bribeing him, it doesnt work. Its a nightmare and after a day of that i usually blow my top and yell at him. And at that moment i dont even care if it makes me a bad parent, i have a very short temper and once i do get really mad with him i know its time to go home, i always feel like people are looking at me, judging me, especially when hes lying on the floor refusing to move and im close to tears lol

You know what, its hard being a mum sometimes as you do feel like you are out of the limelight and all the attention is elsewhere. You feel worthless and uncared for. And it might be hard to accept that someones wishes come before your own. A child completely takes over your life and its pretty daunting, nothing can prepare you for it X

an honest and true account of motherhood :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->