Kind of worried

Blue_star

First Pregnancy
Reaction score
I'm kind of worried over something silly this may sound totally CRAZY..but I was told at both my ultrasounds I was having a girl I had one at 23 weeks and another at 33 weeks both ultrasounds said girl.

So i'v bought tons of baby girl clothes and items and have got many things for a baby girl at my shower.

Well I was walking around a store and this woman comes up to me and says i'm having a boy based on the shape of my baby bump that she's been right with all her relatives. I told her about the ultrasounds she said maybe the baby boys penis was hidden and that it has happend to someone she knows.

I'v grown so attached to having a baby girl named bree and spent SO much money on baby girl things. I'm now worried i'll have a boy and he will be dressed in girls clothes and have all girl baby items. How often are ultrasounds wrong?

I don't know statistics of how often ultrasounds around, I know it does happen. I honestly wouldn't get too shook up about a woman approaching you in a story and judging the babies gender on the shape of your bump. The shape of course goes back to being an old wives tale.

I don't think the shape of the bump matters... I'm 'all out front' and going by the whole bump theory some would say I'm having a boy, (I'm expecting a girl) I wouldn't worry to much about it :hugs2: I'd say an ultrasound is probably a lot more accurate then the shape of a bump :thumbup:

x

Id ignore her hun she isnt an expert just because she has guessed a few right she only has a 50/50% guess of it being girl or boy anyway and thats all it is a guess.. whereas the sonographers are professionally trained and they both said the same sex so i really wouldnt worry about what a stranger said xx

I had the same thing happen to me! I had quite a lot of scans and all said girl really clearly (I had extra scans because DD was breech and I asked them to check the gender EVERY time lol). I bought loads of pink too and spent forever worrying about what if they were wrong, I had someone tell me I had a boy bump too, but she is definitely a girl. I think you'll probably have these thoughts until your baby's here but I think if you've had 2 ultrasounds say girl, then you're having a girl xxx

I wouldnt worry at all. When looking for gender, they look for the three white lines for a girl, not just the absence of a willy...The fact that 2 ultrasounds say girl, they would have seen the three white lines twice! Congrats on your baby girl :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->