Kinda Bummed!

Garnet

Reaction score
Well found out today that my friend that is in her 40's too is 10 weeks pregnant! I'm really happy for her but sad because I had two miscarriages. Why is it so easy for some people and not for others. I'm happy for everyone here that gets pregnant but I don't know everyone personally. I guess it is so close to home that saddens me. Stupid AF came 4 days early this cycle and some days I've been very down about not being able to carry a baby to full term. :shrug:

Aww hun :hugs:

I know how hard this can be. Everyone around me seems to be pregnant. My SIL has just had a wee baby boy and my best friend who is 41 told me she was pregnant last week.

Your time will come. Our time will come. You will get that BFP and a sticky bean. :hugs:

Well at least the Instead Softcups worked for her too!!!

Well at least the Instead Softcups worked for her too!!!

I have been reading about them and seriously considering buying some. I think they would be good for AF as well. I am just a little worried about it getting stuck. lol :blush:

Oh hun :hugs: Wendy is right, your time will come. :dust: to you!

Been using the Diva Cup for AF, :thumbup: I was scared too but no problems!

I think it would be good to start monitoring the use of softcups and bfps. I have read so many posts about ladies getting a BFP on the cycle that they use softcups. I guess i am just a sucker for statistics but i really am serious about getting them if i thought it would raise the chances of a BFP.

In the other threads on Instead cups there has been a lot of success. That is how I found out about them. I got pregnant the first time I used them. I wish I had known about them a few years ago though so I could been pregnant when I was 41 instead of 43. Give them a try. I know the other ladies get them from Amazon overseas. I rinse and sterilize the same Instead cup so I can resuse them. You have to practice with insertion and removal. I tell everyone to use them with one AF to get used to them. Good luck...

I tried the soft cups last cycle and this cycle:winkwink: We've been trying a very long time so I'm hoping the soft cups might make a difference:thumbup:

I'm still afraid they'll get stuck and I'll require medical assistance, lol

In the other threads on Instead cups there has been a lot of success. That is how I found out about them. I got pregnant the first time I used them. I wish I had known about them a few years ago though so I could been pregnant when I was 41 instead of 43. Give them a try. I know the other ladies get them from Amazon overseas. I rinse and sterilize the same Instead cup so I can resuse them. You have to practice with insertion and removal. I tell everyone to use them with one AF to get used to them. Good luck...

Ordered! In for a penny........

I love the fact that there are success stories. Am definately giving them a go as soon as AF comes. That will be the practice for the spermie holding. :)

I'm still afraid they'll get stuck and I'll require medical assistance, lol

Thats my issue as well but i have heard of people having to have medical intervention to have tampax removed and that has never stopped my using them so i am going to give them a go.

:)

Idk about in the UK, but in the States, tampons have a string, lol. These would require my full intervention!

Idk about in the UK, but in the States, tampons have a string, lol. These would require my full intervention!

I would imagine it's like a diaphram. I have used one in the past and never had a problem removing it.

If all else fails, just send DH in to retreive it!

If it does get stuck, it will not even phase your doc. A doc was telling us that at least once a month she has a patient come in with a foreign body stuck in the vagina.
Personally, I would not be embarrassed (at least not too much) by a soft cup getting stuck. It's not like it's a sex toy, lol.

Garnet I know how you feel, it sucks like nothing in my life has ever sucked before. All we can do is keep trying. We are planning to try IVF asap to improve our chances.

With regard to the Sofcups - I've got a Femmecup, like a Mooncup - does anyone know if it will work, or do I need to get the specific Instead Softcups? Thanks!

Garnet huge hugs to you trust me i know how you feel!!!! Your time will come, just try to focus on the fact that it worked for your friend, it WILL work for you too!!!

As for the soft cups this is the first time i used them, i tried them once in oct but was so freaked out that i would not be able to get it out, i could not put it in properly, this time i thought what the heck, DTD and then scooped up the little guys and put it in, i even made sure i squished it up against my cervis lol. I left it in while i slept, and took it out about 4:30am the next day, at first i was a bit afraid, it would not move, but then it made this loud sucking noise and came loose, i guess i really had it plasterd on my cervix lol. The great news about it is normally we DTD and i lay for a while, but it never fails i will cough or something and i feel all the little guys come pouring out, well with these, nothing escaped and when i took it out, there was VERY little in the cup which means most of the little guys went up where they should go rather than running out the other way!! I used them two times, this cycle and i am pretty sure we hit the timing perfect, so heres hoping and praying that it works!!

Garnet I know how you feel, it sucks like nothing in my life has ever sucked before. All we can do is keep trying. We are planning to try IVF asap to improve our chances.

With regard to the Sofcups - I've got a Femmecup, like a Mooncup - does anyone know if it will work, or do I need to get the specific Instead Softcups? Thanks!

I'm sure anything that helps with keeping them trapped will help, so start a thread to share how it's worked for you. :)

I hope this is the last little edge you need! And glad you know now vs. later. Here's to a :bfp: soon! :dust: :dust:

I read in other threads that the Mooncup doesn't cover the cervix like the Softcups. I don't know cause I've never use one of those! I know the Softcups worked for me last time I was pregnant..

Garnet huge hugs to you trust me i know how you feel!!!! Your time will come, just try to focus on the fact that it worked for your friend, it WILL work for you too!!!

As for the soft cups this is the first time i used them, i tried them once in oct but was so freaked out that i would not be able to get it out, i could not put it in properly, this time i thought what the heck, DTD and then scooped up the little guys and put it in, i even made sure i squished it up against my cervis lol. I left it in while i slept, and took it out about 4:30am the next day, at first i was a bit afraid, it would not move, but then it made this loud sucking noise and came loose, i guess i really had it plasterd on my cervix lol. The great news about it is normally we DTD and i lay for a while, but it never fails i will cough or something and i feel all the little guys come pouring out, well with these, nothing escaped and when i took it out, there was VERY little in the cup which means most of the little guys went up where they should go rather than running out the other way!! I used them two times, this cycle and i am pretty sure we hit the timing perfect, so heres hoping and praying that it works!!

Baby dust to you and everyone trying...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->