kinda confused!?!

Junebug

Reaction score
My doc said I might have PCOS, but he didn't order blood work nor did he do a pap. AF hasn't visited since the beginning of August (came off pill) and said not to come back until March if I haven't got AF by then...

so how would he have any idea if I had PCOS or not without checking or testing? Just a little confused is all as I know it can take awhile for cycles to be normal after BCP! hmmmm...

Hmm.. maybe you should ask him for a test? Just so you know for yourself what is going on ?... COnfused my self, didnt wanna check your post without replying!
Good luck

hmm that is weird how is he meant to know witout doing test i would be asking for test to be done

I had this a few years ago becoz i had such painfull and heavy periods (so painfull i passed out at work) I dont remeber having blood tests but the doc sent me to the local hospital for an ultrasound so they could have a look at my ovaries. If it is worrying you maybe try and see ur doc again and tell him/her that its worrying you and is there any possibility you cld have an ultrasound or suchlike. Good luck :)

He can't diagnose you with out doing tests etc. I would get a second opinion hun xxx

OOOh OOOh OOOOh - this is soooo my topic!

Defo get a second opinion - if he mentioned PCOS then you've got to get it checked out.
PCOS doesn't go away! - that "see how you go" attitude stinks!

MARCH !!!!! that's just ridiculous.

Yup - hunnibuns right - get an ultrasound and straight away.

Some of the PCOS Symptoms are =

random, heavy, painful periods
difficulty losing weight
poor skin
and hair where hair isn't wanted!

When I was 24 I went to see a new doctor to get some more pills.
(I'd been on them since I was 15 because my periods were irregular)
She took one look at me and sent me for a scan.

2 weeks later I was in hospital having an ovary removed!

I had one massive cyst growing in my ovary and it was ready to burst.
IF it had burst I'dve been in a LOT of trouble.
and all that time - doctors had just been plying me with the pill - saying it was hormones and some girls are just naturally fat, spotty and hairy!

Thankfully 6 years on I've got a big old scar to show for it but my periods are bang on 28 days, I'm a size 10 and my skin is clear.

Here's my motto...

If your body's doing something unusual - then listen to it and find out why.

Go get a scan and then hopefully you can rule PCOS out.

GOOD LUCK xxxxxxxxxx

I had this a few years ago becoz i had such painfull and heavy periods (so painfull i passed out at work) I dont remeber having blood tests but the doc sent me to the local hospital for an ultrasound so they could have a look at my ovaries. If it is worrying you maybe try and see ur doc again and tell him/her that its worrying you and is there any possibility you cld have an ultrasound or suchlike. Good luck :)

ive had pretty bad ones too, was at school 3 yrs ago and couldn move cause i was in so much pain, didnt help it was P.E.

just kinda crouched there for a while, teacher wasnt much use, just told me to walk it off

but how the hell can i walk it off if i can actually stand up, ended up burting into tears lol

but it seems better these years, not as painful, nor as much blood (soz probs tmi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->