Knitting patterns for shorties and where to buy wool....

A

anothersquish

Something Im new into but already addicted too...:wacko:
Can anyone point me in the direction of knitting patterns for shorties? I could probably work it out but dont want to have to use my brain would rather just copy a pattern :blush:
Also best places to buy FUNKY wool suited....Im thinking bright colours and some blues/greens. Definately multicoloured wool anyway :)
I have a few sites I know of but hoped some of you would be able to show me some more options before I get buying :)

Have a friend who has already put in an "order" for a skirtie :haha:

Have you joined Ravelry? Its an online knit & crochet community & theres LOADS of patterns on there & a lot of them are free. Its free to join too, I love the place.
As for wool, there's an online shop called Kemps based in the North East which tends to be quite cheap & has loads of choice-I havent been on there for ages so dont know if they have what you are looking for but there's usually a quite good choice.

I'm off to visit my gran today to get some of her knitting needles and wool, (maybe she'll have some patterns, never thought I'd be sitting in the house knitting at 22! :rofl:

You can buy wool on snugglebots and luscious little somethings. :)

Seen the snugglebots ones...I am thinking of buying and colouring it myself but not sure when I will have the time!

I have bought from pixieknits, wharfedale woolworks, babylonglegs and angels and elephants. All were brilliant to deal with and most of them custom dye to the exact colours you want.

i think bibs n bots might have started doing yarns too but don't hold me to that. There's NZ wools, they might be worth a look too.

Something Im new into but already addicted too...:wacko:
Can anyone point me in the direction of knitting patterns for shorties? I could probably work it out but dont want to have to use my brain would rather just copy a pattern :blush:
Also best places to buy FUNKY wool suited....Im thinking bright colours and some blues/greens. Definately multicoloured wool anyway :)
I have a few sites I know of but hoped some of you would be able to show me some more options before I get buying :)

Have a friend who has already put in an "order" for a skirtie :haha:

If you google something like "Free soaker patterns" or whatever you want, it comes up with loads!

i get most of my wool from john lewis, they have a blue/green multicoloured one aswell, £4ish for 50g ball and you generally need about 5balls for longies so less obv for shorties, id get more than you need then they let you take back what you dont use after youve finished :winkwink:

x

https://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/kategori_oversikt.php

loads of patterns on here! x

Make sure the wool you get isn't machine washable, or it won't soak up the lanolin!

omg anothersquish, i had a dream last night that i was in john lewis and you came in and was like sooo wheres this wool then lol, but theyd took everything off so they only had some really crappy bits and none of the one u wanted and i was like :blush: soooooooz! hahahaha, then we went outside and there was a fair on and i nearly got crushed by a ride :wacko:

weird...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"